Everyone has a chip on their shoulders | The Boneyard

Everyone has a chip on their shoulders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright : last shot at his dream and first chance in the star role to show that he has the ability to play in the nba

Hamilton : a highly rated recruit who wants to make good on it and show he shoulda been a burger boy

Purvis : a burger boy who had to sit an entire year is now itching to showcase his abilities

Brimah : new captain who wants to prove to everyone that he is indeed one of the top nba prospects

Omar : i dont even have to explain his urge to dominate

Cassell : son of an nba player now with only 2 yrs left and needing to quickly carve out some minutes

Lubin : feels he was underrated, expressed openly the fact that hes going to explode onto the scene

Samuel : i think he just plays hard, he will also want to get minutes with a huge cast of guards

Kentan : give me some damn minutes says kentan *chair goes flying

Nolan : one of the harder off season workers putting on weight working on moves knowing only 2 yrs left

With all these guys wanting to showcase their abilities or orove people wrong, I wonder how that effects teamwork.

pj

Reaction Score
They're also all great team mates, as they proved last year. It's up to Ollie to figure out a way to get their talents to mesh and complement each other on the court. That's a challenge but as long as the players believe in the team strategy, i'm sure they'll support whatever roles KO assigns to them.

Reaction Score
UConn getting through the East Regional in Syracuse would be poetic. Tickets went on sale October 18th for the East Regional in Syracuse. The hoops gods (if there is such a thing) were looking down on us at MSG. Imagine rolling through Syracuse on our way to another Final4?

I say throw this dawg another bone even tastier than the last 1.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Sam is going to the NBA. This kid has the drive and grit it takes.

In some ways, I see SamJr being the "X Factor" for this team. If he can learn the system quickly and can play good defense, his ability to manufacture shots could be really important. He could be a key to busting zones.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think the guys have bought into KO 100% team-first attitude. If they start thinking about personal goals this could be 2011-2012 all over again.

Reaction Score
And each of the kids will be trying to do things that they do well (and/or need to improve on) and help the team. Purvis isn't trying to prove he is a point guard, Lubin isn't trying to prove he is a stretch 4, Boat isn't trying to show in can light it up, etc. This should be a very together group that should have the pieces get better throughout the year (with the occasional Hugh moment) as well as the total getting better. Not sure how far we'll go but like our chances as well as anyone else out there. We don't have to beat anyone best out of 7, just once each on their appointed day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom