Even Belichick thinks Brady is guilty. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Even Belichick thinks Brady is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While all plays count toward victory or defeat and QB's historically get credit/blame, I say it wasn't Eli who bested Brady. It was Tyree using his head in an inexplicable out of body experience. And it was Manningham who bested Welker, the former making the spectacular drive-extending catch, the latter dropping a game ending catchable ball.
There's no GM alive who would trade Brady for Eli.

Yeah all good but then let's look t Brady's 1st one (16-27 for 155 yards hardly a performance of the decade) and throw that out too ok? I mean what's fair is fair he did nothing. And to be honest Eli getting out of the clamps of the d-lineman was quite a play, something Brady didn't too well vs the Giants line now did he? Maybe we should blame the lineman and Welker LOL - funny .......No one is stupid enough to think Tom Brady isn't better than Eli but some very stupid people don't like to give credit to Eli either. Their stats in the 2 games they opposed each other are very similar:

2007 Eli 19-34 for 255
Tom 29-48 for 266 (he threw a lot more to get there)

2011 Eli 30-40 for 296
Tom 19-34 for 255

So did he "best" him? No the Giants did but he performed as well if not better and his team won. Do we need to dissect all of Tom's wins to see if he was the sole reason?

Pats fans are so typical as are Eli haters.

Reaction Score
If the Giants had videotaped their opponents practices, Eli's numbers would have improved dramatically.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Brady has the most impressive resume of any QB in NFL history and he's essentially done it with guys from the parking lot as his receivers.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Again ... this is like a pitcher using Vaseline or a small file on a baseball.

Are we really going through national convulsions over this issue? Only a sick mind would obsess over this.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If the Giants had videotaped their opponents practices, Eli's numbers would have improved dramatically.
When did the Patriots do that?

Past experience leads me to believe you you don't read every word of a passage, rather than spin a couple words to "support" a position, so I'll post the most pertinent part of the Boston Herald's Apology:

While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008, report on sources that it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed.

Reaction Score
I really can't decide which side is more pathetic. . . . .the Brady Bashers or Apologistas?

Reaction Score
When did the Patriots do that?

Past experience leads me to believe you you don't read every word of a passage, rather than spin a couple words to "support" a position, so I'll post the most pertinent part of the Boston Herald's Apology:

While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008, report on sources that it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed.

That's why the NFL fined Belichick $500 grand and fined the Patriots $250 grand and the Pats lost a first round pick for Spygate. Most of the taping was during games.

What Senator Arlen Specter, learned from the one-hour, 40-minute sitdown in February 2008 was that the Pats had been spying on opposing teams for nearly a decade, ever since Belichick’s first year as head coach of the Pats. “There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over,” said Specter. The Patriots won three tainted Super Bowls during the Spygate era.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's why the NFL fined Belichick $500 grand and fined the Patriots $250 grand and the Pats lost a first round pick for Spygate. Most of the taping was during games.

What Senator Arlen Specter, learned from the one-hour, 40-minute sitdown in February 2008 was that the Pats had been spying on opposing teams for nearly a decade, ever since Belichick’s first year as head coach of the Pats. “There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over,” said Specter. The Patriots won three tainted Super Bowls during the Spygate era.
Spygate was about taping hand signals during games. You (and Marshall Faulk) referenced taping practices.

I'm having doubts if you can even comprehend what you type yourself, let alone responses from others.

Reaction Score
Spygate was about taping hand signals during games. You (and Marshall Faulk) referenced taping practices.

I'm having doubts if you can even comprehend what you type yourself, let alone responses from others.
Are you responding to my post? My second sentence reads "Most of the taping was during games." I never referenced practice. And you're worried about my reading comprehension? Just wow.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Are you responding to my post? My second sentence reads "Most of the taping was during games." I never referenced practice. And you're worried about my reading comprehension? Just wow.
Really?

Who wrote this?
Maybe you should step away from the computer for a little while.

Reaction Score
Again ... this is like a pitcher using Vaseline or a small file on a baseball.

Are we really going through national convulsions over this issue? Only a sick mind would obsess over this.

Geez let me guess, a Patriots fan?

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I really can't decide which side is more pathetic. . . . .the Brady Bashers or Apologistas?

I don't think anyone should bash Brady, he's a 1st ballot HOFer w/o a doubt. It's the Pats/Kraft that should take a hit for history and Tom should have just fessed up this wouldn't have been a story. It really is relative to "pine tar and pitchers" right? Just trying to get an edge but there is history so trying to hide made matters worst.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone should bash Brady, he's a 1st ballot HOFer w/o a doubt. It's the Pats/Kraft that should take a hit for history and Tom should have just fessed up this wouldn't have been a story. It really is relative to "pine tar and pitchers" right? Just trying to get an edge but there is history so trying to hide made matters worst.
Fessed up to what?

The Wells report is not a judgment weighing facts. It's an accusation based on circumstantial evidence, innuendo, and conjecture. The equipment manager and ball boy knew how Brady liked the footballs. I think Brady told them he liked the balls on the softer side of the range. I don't think in the least that Brady explicitly told them to take it upon themselves to under-inflate the balls below the range.

I think Brady ends up with a one or two game vacation and I think its for not fully cooperating (I also think that needs to be stipulated in the ruling, but it probably won't), which I don't blame him for a second. A defendant isn't obligated to help make the prosecution's case for them, regardless of what the CBA says.

From the beginning Well's marching orders were, IMO, no blame on the Shield or the Refs. Everyone else is fair game.

Reaction Score
Fessed up to what?

The Wells report is not a judgment weighing facts. It's an accusation based on circumstantial evidence, innuendo, and conjecture. The equipment manager and ball boy knew how Brady liked the footballs. I think Brady told them he liked the balls on the softer side of the range. I don't think in the least that Brady explicitly told them to take it upon themselves to under-inflate the balls below the range.

I think Brady ends up with a one or two game vacation and I think its for not fully cooperating (I also think that needs to be stipulated in the ruling, but it probably won't), which I don't blame him for a second. A defendant isn't obligated to help make the prosecution's case for them, regardless of what the CBA says.

From the beginning Well's marching orders were, IMO, no blame on the Shield or the Refs. Everyone else is fair game.

I'm sorry you're right he didn't do anything and 2 ball boys took upon themselves to change the rules of a playoff game (as if it was the 1st time) all by their little selves.:rolleyes: wow

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm sorry you're right he didn't do anything and 2 ball boys took upon themselves to change the rules of a playoff game (as if it was the 1st time) all by their little selves.:rolleyes: wow
Did you read the report or Wellsreportincontext.com, which includes portions of the Wells Report? If not, then your opinion and $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee.

The Report concluded that the ball pressure may have been appropriate given the atmospheric conditions and when measured with the logoed gage, which is what Walt Anderson, who up until that point was above reproach, claimed he used to his best recollection. All of a sudden the Wells investigators have doubt over which gage he used.

Reaction Score
Did you read the report or Wellsreportincontext.com, which includes portions of the Wells Report? If not, then your opinion and $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee.

The Report concluded that the ball pressure may have been appropriate given the atmospheric conditions and when measured with the logoed gage, which is what Walt Anderson, who up until that point was above reproach, claimed he used to his best recollection. All of a sudden the Wells investigators have doubt over which gage he used.

No I didn't and your opinion won't even get me that cup of coffee because anyone thinking he didn't have a part in this is way too naive to discuss further. I'm done thanks for chipping in 25 I do believe you have a good point. But I'm not buying!

Reaction Score
Listen. Patriots fans want to talk about facts. And yet people close to the team tell me that Parcells intentionally tanked the SB to the Packers in order to piss of Kraft. And state it as a fact. Without proof of course.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't recall this kind of rabid fury occurring when Jerry Rice admitted he used glue on his hands during his entire career ... a clear violation of the NFL rules. There were no cries of "cheater" or "competitive advantage"!

Deflategate is clearly all just Patriot hatred/jealousy, nothing more and nothing less.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The thing is, being a Patriots fan has nothing to do with it. The sniff test is quite reliable and the Wells report (and the NFL, by extension in this case) simply just does not pass.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
The thing is, being a Patriots fan has nothing to do with it. The sniff test is quite reliable and the Wells report (and the NFL, by extension in this case) simply just does not pass.

Fair. But nobody other than Pats fans are crying like stuck pigs.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Fair. But nobody other than Pats fans are crying like stuck pigs.
I'm a 30+ year 'Skins fan. $36 mil in salary cap was taken away over two years for not really breaking a non-rule (at the time). Sound familiar? No one paid attention. F the NFL executives.

I don't know Tom Brady and, other than fantasy league football, I don't care about Tom Brady. I do hope that Brady goes nuclear and exposes them all though, including the owners.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
please do reconcile Belichick's detailed response to how balls can be deflated in game situations just a few days after his initial response with the idiotic allegation he doesn't believe Brady. Did anyone notive how the author chooses to ignore that? priceless baby

thanks for playing

as usual, haters being haters, ignoring the substance that debunks a silly argument they're trying to make, before such silly little argument gets off the starting block

don't worry haters, you still have Roger in your corner. The man that bats .000 once he loses justification, the man that one federal judge ruled "lives outside the law"

back to back beeatches, can't wait to see all the crying after that

Reaction Score
please do reconcile Belichick's detailed response to how balls can be deflated in game situations just a few days after his initial response with the idiotic allegation he doesn't believe Brady. Did anyone notive how the author chooses to ignore that? priceless baby

thanks for playing

as usual, haters being haters, ignoring the substance that debunks a silly argument they're trying to make, before such silly little argument gets off the starting block

don't worry haters, you still have Roger in your corner. The man that bats .000 once he loses justification, the man that one federal judge ruled "lives outside the law"

back to back beeatches, can't wait to see all the crying after that

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Impossible to get more "typical" than this!

:confused:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Impossible to get more "typical" than this!

:confused:

sorry my friend, Belichick has made his position perfectly clear in his news conference about 5 days after the AFC Title game. He didn't mince words, he talked about why it's plausible balls can deflate. That news conference essentially renders the OP's author's hit piece based on unnamed "sources" trivial and meaningless. Reminds me of all the sources some of our boneyard friends have.

And as a Patriot's fan, I'm tired of such poppycock, I want Tom to have his day in court. Let the evidence speak for itself, let there be point and counter point, let the inaccurate leaks and fictional articles like this be put to rest.

Gee, the Patriots are notorious for being tight lipped, yet there's an inside man close to Belichick releasing rumors now that are inconsistent with the strong position Belichick took on the matter. The only plausible explanation for somebody actually swallowing such nonsense hook line and sinker is that they're blinded by hate.

As for Kraft, he signed a contract with his fellow owners, he can't file a lawsuit against the league. Although I suspect he's going to make motions to diminish Roger's powers soon enough. He knows now he made a mistake, there has to be some oversight for the commissioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom