Even Belichick thinks Brady is guilty. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Even Belichick thinks Brady is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
If it had zero effect, why did Brady break the rules to do it? Obviously, Brady thought it was important enough that he engaged in a clubhouse conspiracy to manipulate the balls. If it has zero effect, why bother?

It's like pine tar on a baseball bat. It's personal preference.

Like George Brett, Brady was caught breaking a silly rule.

Reaction Score
It's more probable than not ....that Brady will win more Super Bowls.

Reaction Score
100 years from now, people will know the name "Tom Brady".

No one will remember Eli.

Probably the dumbest of many ignorant comments on this thread. But good news is your's easily wins!;)

Reaction Score
Probably the dumbest of many ignorant comments on this thread. But good news is your's easily wins!;)

Right now Brady and Patriots are 6-1 to win Super Bowl 2106. Seattle, coached by former fired Patriot head coach Pete Carroll, is favored at 11-2. (Bet we now know why he was fired)

Giants are 40-1. :(

Jets are 100-1 :eek:

NFL will do anything to have Patriots in Super Bowl. Automatic. 6-1 is a good bet. :)

Reaction Score
I'm a Pats fan and I believe Brady is guilty. But this is no different (or more serious) than an MLB pitcher putting Vaseline on a baseball.

Brady should have been suspended one game and there should not have been a media circus. This is not global warming or the 1919 Chicago White Sox. Anyone who thinks deflategate is a big deal is a certifiable loon.

I am not a Pats fan, primarily due to Robert Kraft and Hartford. That said, the punishment should fit the crime. Brady lied and everyone except certain Pats fans accept this. Thus, a 1 or maybe 2 game suspension is reasonable. Getting suspended for 4 games, which is more that players who have beat women, raped, shot & stabbed people, etc. is absurd.

Reaction Score
1) Here's the thing there's no evidence that balls were deflated. Physics explains it all. But many accept as given that it happened.

But let's just set aside a moment.

2) The refs didn't measure the balls in a way that allows certainty as to the measurements and impact of multiple measurement, thus there measurements are pretty much worthless as evidence even if the Ideal Gas Law didn't predict the more weather related deflation that actually occurred.

3) The game ball was in the possession of the Colts and was measured by them. At that point, even if 1) the Ideal Gas Law didn't predict the more weather related deflation that actually occurred and 2) even if the measurements of the ball hadn't been so haphazard as to be worthless.

4) The ref who measured the ball stated which gauges he used and using those gauges there was no pressure loss that indicates tampering. That's first hand testimony. It was ignored. Why was he in anyway shown to lack credibility? If so why was the rest of statements used? Even if 1), 2) and 3) didn't exist to already make the NFL's case worthless disregarding the firsthand report of eye witness can't reasonably be done without some justification.

5. There's no evidence that linked Brady to any tampering scheme. None. Read those texts none of them talk about post measurement tampering. Indeed, they mostly talk about over inflating, and that isn't post measurement. So even if the 1), 2), 3), and 4) didn't make the NFL's case worthless, there's still the lack of evidence that Brady had anything to do with the imaginary plan.

So we got no out of the ordinary loss, which was measured in a meaningless manner, of a game ball that was in the possession of Colts, who admit measuring the ball releasing air, a refs testimony that is rejected in order to construct a scenario where there was air pressure loss to create a tampering scenario in which there is no link to Brady.

Given all that I ask you who exactly is letting their biases color their judgment of the facts? Is it really the Pat fans?

That's half the case, the defense. There is another half.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's a pointless comment, but the truth is that Brady is a first ballot hall of famer and Eli likely doesn't make the Hall.

Reaction Score
It's a pointless comment, but the truth is that Brady is a first ballot hall of famer and Eli likely doesn't make the Hall.

"no one will remember Eli" is a pointless comment. Yours is probably at least half true Eli is the unknown as a HOFer but he is well known for being better then Brady in 2 of his biggest games. This will not be forgotten.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's half the case, the defense. There is another half.
The other "half" of the case is ambiguous texts between two idiots. Not a whole lot to hang for Wells to hang his hat on.

Reaction Score
The other "half" of the case is ambiguous texts between two idiots. Not a whole lot to hang for Wells to hang his hat on.

You thinking they were discussing their weight loss regimen also? :eek:

CL82

Reaction Score
You thinking they were discussing their weight loss regimen also? :eek:
What did they say?

1) That they don't like Brady. 2) That they'd like to over inflate the game balls for him. Not particularly damning.

What didn't they say?

That they were involved in a scheme to change the pressure of the balls after the referees measured them. Again, not particularly damning.

Reaction Score
What did they say?

1) That they don't like Brady. 2) That they'd like to over inflate the game balls for him. Not particularly damning.

What didn't they say?

That they were involved in a scheme to change the pressure of the balls after the referees measured them. Again, not particularly damning.

Ok I'm good with that, I get how Pats fans would like to read it. But it is what it is. Honestly I could care less, Brady looked as if "guilty" was written on his forehead when he was asked and that's all I need, like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Funny thing is if he fessed up right away no one would care and it would be over - 1 game and 50K. Instead he did this to himself as did kraft. Arrogance is not becoming.

I just laugh at the guy who dismissed Eli as "forgotten" when he retires. What a joke! He's not Brady we all know that but that statement is really funny.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ok I'm good with that, I get how Pats fans would like to read it. But it is what it is. Honestly I could care less, Brady looked as if "guilty" was written on his forehead when he was asked and that's all I need, like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Funny thing is if he fessed up right away no one would care and it would be over - 1 game and 50K. Instead he did this to himself as did kraft. Arrogance is not becoming.

I just laugh at the guy who dismissed Eli as "forgotten" when he retires. What a joke! He's not Brady we all know that but that statement is really funny.
Agree Mau, it is what it is. I'm surprised that Wells took the position that he did (tepid statement that it was) and I'm curious to see where it all goes. It is amazing, but I suppose not surprising, to me how many people seem to believe that a smoking gun was found.

I agree with you re: Manning.

Reaction Score
The other half is the NFL, his head coach and owner don't believe him nor do any of his peers nor does the outside investigator who invested the incident.

CL82

Reaction Score
The other half is the NFL, his head coach and owner don't believe him nor do any of his peers nor does the outside investigator who invested the incident.
All of which has absolutely zero evidentiary value, even if true.

Reaction Score
I am not a Pats fan, primarily due to Robert Kraft and Hartford. That said, the punishment should fit the crime. Brady lied and everyone except certain Pats fans accept this. Thus, a 1 or maybe 2 game suspension is reasonable. Getting suspended for 4 games, which is more that players who have beat women, raped, shot & stabbed people, etc. is absurd.
I am not sure he lied. I am not a Pats fan, in fact I am a Raiders Fan who believes this entire dynasty was built on the pile of bullchips started in the duck Rule Game...still pisses me off.

That said, the one thing the Wells Report proved to me is the Refs were lazy and/or stupid. It also tells me the League was more interested in catching the Pats then they were in having a level playing field in the AFC Championship Game. The former is sad, the latter is criminal.

Two different gauges to measure the balls, both offering different results. Now noted baseline on the original weights. How do you deflate 30+ balls without overdoing it in less than 2 minutes (I believe he had the balls longer than two minutes, but that is all the refs/League were willing to admit)?

I am not sure what to believe. If he cheated, 4 games isn't enough IMO. That said, you need proof. We seem to know the balls were the proper size for the second half of that game and we know the Pats destroyed the Colts in the second half. I am not sure what any of this means. I know I am sick of hearing about it.

Reaction Score
Only one quarterback has won two Superbowls as a starter and not made the HOF when eligible....Jim Plunkett, and don't get me started on that!

Eli will make the HOF easily, but he is no Tom Brady.

Reaction Score
All of which has absolutely zero evidentiary value, even if true.

Actually, most insider trading cases are decided on evidence just such as this.

11-66.png

Reaction Score

11-66.png
What part of "a few of them were at almost 16" tells you that "Bird" had let air out of the footballs? Only in some bizarre world could two guys complaining about balls being over-inflated be considered evidence that they actually deflated them.

CL82

Reaction Score

11-66.png
Read the post immediately above the highlighted one. How was he going to make a ball a balloon? Using a pump obviously. When did he have access to a pump? Prior to the refs inspection.

There's nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, here that is inculpatory.

Reaction Score
What part of "a few of them were at almost 16" tells you that "Bird" had let air out of the footballs? Only in some bizarre world could two guys complaining about balls being over-inflated be considered evidence that they actually deflated them.

Did you read all the emails. It's conclusive for all but the willfully blind.

Reaction Score

In the highlighted text, the "he" isn't even Brady.

Reaction Score
Eli is the unknown as a HOFer but he is well known for being better then Brady in 2 of his biggest games.

While all plays count toward victory or defeat and QB's historically get credit/blame, I say it wasn't Eli who bested Brady. It was Tyree using his head in an inexplicable out of body experience. And it was Manningham who bested Welker, the former making the spectacular drive-extending catch, the latter dropping a game ending catchable ball.
There's no GM alive who would trade Brady for Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom