ESPN's Top 25 For Next Year | The Boneyard

ESPN's Top 25 For Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After a quick glance I can tell you I'd have South Florida higher and well above George Washington which beat absolutely nobody this past year.

I'd have Baylor and ND ahead of Maryland and Tenn-Chat in the top-25. Miss State is a bit too high for me as well. Overall, it's a pretty realistic assessment I think.

Edit:

I wonder if Creme forgot Baylor gets Alexis Jones this year. Seems strange not to mention her.

Reaction Score
I hate to sound bias, but Duke will be in the top 10 for the majority of the year based on talent alone. Unc and Texas is rated a little to high for me... especially UNC.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm actually really excited for next season for RU. Of course Laney, and Davis will be huge losses for us, but I'm really excited for one of our in-coming freshman Aliyah Jeune a couple years ago she was considered by some as a Top 10 recruit and then she fell off the radar for some odd reason. She will bring some needed outside scoring that Laney didn't really bring to the forward spot.

Also we will have more depth in our posts, with our two incoming freshman, and a hopefully 6th year for Alexis Burke, which I hope she gets.

Also, I just hope we're healthy, and I hope Canty can bounce back and have a great senior year for us.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND, FSU, and Duke are too low. So is Ohio State.

Louisville is too high... so is Miss State.

I would have Baylor #3....

Found my quote from a few weeks ago

1) Connecticut
2) ND
3) South Carolina
4) Baylor
5) Maryland
6) FSU
7) TN
8) Ohio State
9) Duke
10) UNC

Basically I would move ND down to 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND, FSU, and Duke are too low. So is Ohio State.

Louisville is too high... so is Miss State.

I would have Baylor #3....
Dead on. The entire article seems lazy. Failed to mention Alexis Jones playing on baylor, Kianna Holland added to Ohio St, states Duke needs help in the backcourt yet names one guard out of the FIVE coming in even leaving out a MCDAA, and the one that really got me was j. Cherry. If she is UNC starting pg they will not be in the top 10 throughout... idk maybe I just follow WCBB a lot closer than these analysts.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The loss of Lloyd is a big loss for ND. However I do think they will still be one of the better teams. When Wiggins left folks thought they would fall. Turner may be ready to step up next year. Tennessee gets some good additions in DeShields and Russell. Holly said in a interview that Russell is 100% healthy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dead on. The entire article seems lazy. Failed to mention Alexis Jones playing on baylor, Kianna Holland added to Ohio St, states Duke needs help in the backcourt yet names one guard out of the FIVE coming in even leaving out a MCDAA, and the one that really got me was j. Cherry. If she is UNC starting pg they will not be in the top 10 throughout... idk maybe I just follow WCBB a lot closer than these analysts.

PG is definitely the biggest question mark for UNC. Cherry may be ok in her second year..... but if she isnt the answer I guess they can always have Washington slide over to be the PG. She was a highly rated PG (Washington) but to me, she seems to do better playing off the ball.

An aside about Cherry.... you do realize that she was the NC (AP) High school player of the year as a senior. She received 15 votes. Our beloved Azura Stevens got 2 votes :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'd move Oregon State, Ohio State and Duke up a bit, along with Stanford.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You BY people are slipping..... it took this long for someone to comment on that.. I expected to see this as the second or third post :cool:
Sometimes a shared sense of absolute certainty makes calling out obvious errors unnecessary.
2Husky is new.:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think texas will be pretty good. They're adding two fine recruits (top 10 national-caliber) and returning the nucleus of a team good enough to make the regional semis. Very interested to see what Ariel Atkins can do as a sophomore if healthy

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
1. Connecticut
2. Tennessee
3. South Carolina
4. Baylor
5. Florida State
6. Notre Dame
7. Texas
8. Louisville
9. North Carolina
10. Ohio State

Connecticut is in position to win an 11th title honestly.

I struggled with placing SC at #2 because frankly we are not the #2 team unless our guard play improves a bit and we are more consistent from the outside. Our starters next year will be Mitchell, Wilson, Coates, ????, and ???? Who do I replace those question marks with? Dozier? She needs to become a scoring threat. Sessions? She needs to become a scoring threat. Cuevas? Possible, but she has to learn the game more and learn when to attack. Roy? Possible, but Dawn loves bringing her off the bench and her defense could use work. I will say this though, I did like what I saw from Wilson and Coates in the last few games of the NCAA tournament. This summer is huge because Coates will hopefully develop the ability to go for the kill EVERY game and Wilson will hopefully continue to become the player she showed she could be in the Notre Dame game, a nightmare matchup. I'm praying Cuevas matures a little and steals the starting spot from Sessions. If SC gets better at the guard positions then they're that much better than the #3 team..

Tennessee has A LOT of talent but like the article said, it all depends on that talent learning to play together. If they do learn (and I think they will), they're easily a final four team. SC fans know Deshields very well and if she's anything like she was her freshmen year then SC will have it's work cut out for them in the SEC this year. I really think it's 2a and 2b with SC and Tennessee next year.

Just looking at the roster, Baylor should reek havoc next year. That recruiting class is unfair. We wanted Mompremier at SC.

Florida State is definitely a top 5 team. They're big, fast and they can shoot. It wasn't SC's best game, but I'm still not quite sure how we beat this team in the Elite Eight. FSU was all over the place and dominated us in that game.

Reaction Score
2 thoughts..... Tennessee is too high at #3..... they need better coaching clearly, IMHO, and along the same vein, Notre Dame is better than #5, with or without Jewell Loyd...... Muffet will coach to max potential..... with increased role for Lindsay Allen and the high school player of the year coming in

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After a quick glance I can tell you I'd have South Florida higher and well above George Washington which beat absolutely nobody this past year.

I'd have Baylor and ND ahead of Maryland and Tenn-Chat in the top-25. Miss State is a bit too high for me as well. Overall, it's a pretty realistic assessment I think.

Edit:

I wonder if Creme forgot Baylor gets Alexis Jones this year. Seems strange not to mention her.
GW beat Dayton 3x.

I agree--Alexis Jones will be the 2nd best player for Baylor.

I think South Carolina, Tennessee, and Maryland are a bit too high. SC will really miss the toughness that Welch gave them. Tennessee has a lot of talent, but offensive scheme and chemistry are debatable. Maryland is good, but the conference is not all that strong.

I'd move up Baylor, ND, FSU, and USF. I think Baylor is #2 and ND #3. In a head-to-head game, Tennessee can't beat ND.

Reaction Score
01. UConn

02. Baylor
03. South Carolina
04. Maryland
05. Notre Dame
06. Florida St.
06. Tenn
07. Ohio St.
08. Louisville
09. North Carolina
10. Texas or maybe Duke
Our first two are the same, but I would throw USC-east, ND and TN in some order as 3-5. Then:
6. OR State
7. FL State
8. MD
9. NC
10. OH State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics