ESPN3 HELP | The Boneyard

ESPN3 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting ready to watch the game tonight on my computer. All I get is a screen that says ESPN3Player is not available in your area. How could it not be available in CT? It worked fine next year.
I can't risk a divorce with my wife who will be glued to Dancing With The Stars.
Emergency, help appreciated.

Reaction Score
Getting ready to watch the game tonight on my computer. All I get is a screen that says ESPN3Player is not available in your area. How could it not be available in CT?

Maybe local blackout? If so.....take your wife dancing.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Getting ready to watch the game tonight on my computer. All I get is a screen that says ESPN3Player is not available in your area. How could it not be available in CT? It worked fine next year.
I can't risk a divorce with my wife who will be glued to Dancing With The Stars.
Emergency, help appreciated.
If it worked fine NEXT year you have to wait until NEXT year comes.

Reaction Score
I see it listed here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3/#channel/espn3/type/upcoming/

And it looks like this:

watch_espn.png

I'm pretty sure that they always show everything that they will broadcast regardless if YOU will have access to it or not. How do I know this? Because numerous times I have found a game I would like to watch only to find out that I did not have the proper access. But, it was still listed. So...just because it's there doesn't mean you necessarily get to see it.

ps. I HOPE YOU DO!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, looks like it is blacked out in CT. Probably because it is on SNY. Well, you can watch the first half. Any chance of persuading wife to DVR and watch an hour later?

Reaction Score
Yeah, looks like it is blacked out in CT. Probably because it is on SNY. Well, you can watch the first half. Any chance of persuading wife to DVR and watch an hour later?
There is still time to rush out and buy another TV. :D

Reaction Score
I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried [SLINGBOX]. There is an upfront fee to buy the box, but then no monthly fees. Basically it works online using any device you please as a direct connection to your cable/or whatever service. So, whatever you can access in your home, you can also access anywhere else in the world on any device. They say it even works in caves! What a concept! Sounds like this would have solved Sonny's challenge.

Reaction Score
I see it listed here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3/#channel/espn3/type/upcoming/

And it looks like this:

View attachment 11207

I'm pretty sure that they always show everything that they will broadcast regardless if YOU will have access to it or not. How do I know this? Because numerous times I have found a game I would like to watch only to find out that I did not have the proper access. But, it was still listed. So...just because it's there doesn't mean you necessarily get to see it.

ps. I HOPE YOU DO!

All I get is this screen which is a picture, nothing to even click on or subscribe to.

upload_2015-11-23_18-6-6.png

Reaction Score
Any game that is on SNY is blacked out on ESPN3 in areas that offer SNY on their cable systems. You'll be able to watch it on replay right after the game is over however.

Slingbox allows you to watch shows from your cable source at home while anywhere in the world. To watch UConn games that are blacked out you would need to put the box somewhere where the game is available and then connect to it from your home.

I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of cable altogether and using another service called Sling TV, which is a streaming service something like ROKU, only one that offers many current cable stations for a $25/mo fee and some other stations (like the ESPN family) for an ala carte fee of maybe $5/mo extra. Right now they don't offer SNY so I wouldn't be able to watch UConn games live but the trend is moving toward cable stations offering a streaming alternative. As soon as SNY offers itself as a streaming station, even for a nominal fee, I will be saying good bye to cable and 200 channels of sales pitches, reality nonsense and endless reruns of old network shows.

Just a suggetion but when I didn't have access to UConn games I would go to a sports bar and ask for the game to be put on where is was sitting.

The only downside was that was forced to drink a few beers. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

And it looks like this:

View attachment 11207

ps. I HOPE YOU DO!
That's the screen I got last year.
Could you please send me the URL for that page JavaMan?

Reaction Score
Any game that is on SNY is blacked out on ESPN3 in areas that offer SNY on their cable systems. You'll be able to watch it on replay right after the game is over however.

Slingbox allows you to watch shows from your cable source at home while anywhere in the world. To watch UConn games that are blacked out you would need to put the box somewhere where the game is available and then connect to it from your home.

I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of cable altogether and using another service called Sling TV, which is a streaming service something like ROKU, only one that offers many current cable stations for a $25/mo fee and some other stations (like the ESPN family) for an ala carte fee of maybe $5/mo extra. Right now they don't offer SNY so I wouldn't be able to watch UConn games live but the trend is moving toward cable stations offering a streaming alternative. As soon as SNY offers itself as a streaming station, even for a nominal fee, I will be saying good bye to cable and 200 channels of sales pitches, reality nonsense and endless reruns of old network shows.

Just a suggetion but when I didn't have access to UConn games I would go to a sports bar and ask for the game to be put on where is was sitting.

The only downside was that was forced to drink a few beers. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

But Alydar, I did this at 5:30. How does it know what game or network I was wanting to watch? All I got was this screen.
I didn't get the menu screen that JavaMan posted.

upload_2015-11-23_18-22-40.png

Reaction Score

But Alydar, I did this at 5:30. How does it know what game or network I was wanting to watch? All I got was this screen.
I didn't get the menu screen that JavaMan posted.

Yeah, sorry, I saw that after I posted. Sounds more like that either your cable provider has had a problem with ESPN or else your computer has a problem.

I couldn't watch the Syracuse-Tenn game the other day as a stream nor could I watch any SEC Net or SEC+ game. Last year I could watch them all. I went back and forth between ESPN and Cox cable on the phone for a couple of hours to no avail but lo and behold the next day my access to both of those "Watch ESPN" stations were once again available.

Reaction Score
Cut and pasted in, still got the same screen, ugh.
I listened to the 2 preseason games on TuneIn radio. It's the next best thing to watching. And, it's free if you download the TuneIn app. Search for UConn IMG Network.

Reaction Score
I'm curious...did anyone in CT try to watch KS game on amazon firestick ???

I'm near worcester and it was fine....

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was able to watch the SNY broadcast on ESPN 3 in Tulsa!!! :) sold my season tickets for the holiday games I miss- because of family commitments, that are more important than UConn WBB- or at least that's what my wife tells me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom