ESPN - Who would you invite to dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
JC and KO go without saying.

I'd invite Izzo, because he IS a good coach and pretty smart, plus I'd get to see him squirm sitting next to KO all night, knowing full well he was looking at a guy who just got started and has his number. It would be like inviting Jim O'Brian to sit with JC back in the day when we owned BC.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Bob Huggins, only because he has good taste in food and would likely bring something palatable.

Reaction Score
I'm no dook fan but Coach K is no fluke and outranks those that guy listed. In a weird way I think he could get loose at the table.

Anyway JC is a must if you don't want to fall asleep at the table. Geno if you want to laugh while eating. Billy D. has a lot of bball wisdom in his short body and won't eat a lot (more for me), Ollie for eye-popping quips and Raff comes with booze.

That's my table. Coach K can participate sitting at the kiddie table, but certainly invited.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I'd invite the current coaching staff + Howie , George and Warde. The menu would be Irish/ Soul food. Miraculously no less than four strippers would appear and I'd have nothing to do with it. The next day I'd be informed that I have life long , season tickets ( reg . Season & tourney ). Dream big gentlemen.

Reaction Score
The fun part about this article was you could invite "dead" people.... Are they going to dig them up for dinner? ;)

For the "dead" people, I'd invite...
Rick Majerus - He was always funny to listen to. A great basketball mind. Always off the cuff, never knew what he'd say. Similar to Barkley. But he wasn't a "Big Gay Guy"... LOL
Al McQuire - He always had a funny story to tell. I could probably listen to him all night & not need to speak a word. He was always happy & entertaining...

Not "quite dead yet" people, I'd invite...
Louie Carnasecca - He was another great story teller. He liked everyone. He was always happy too. You'd want him to be your very own grandfather! And those sweaters!
Jerry Tarkanian - He'd be fun too, just to figure him out. He reminded me of George the Animal Steele! Chewing towels/eating turnbuckles. Almost chapwilwau72'esque...

Senior Statesmen, I'd invite...
Jim Calhoun - Again great stories, off the cuff. As honest as you can get. Living legend. So much you can say about him.
John Thompson - When he spoke, people listened. Almost the Gentle Giant.

Today's spokesmen, I'd invite Ollie...
Kevin Ollie - His quotes are great & he's always thinking beyond what you're thinking. Up & comer. Great person.
Tom Izzo - Doesn't get enough respect. Seems like a really nice guy.
Jay Bilas - Not a coach, but obviously thinks & speaks up when things are not right. Another good guy.

Who I would NEVER invite...
Calamari - I hate used car salesmen. Doesn't shut the "F" up. Will say anything to sell you. Bad morals.
Bobby Knight - Arrogant "A", pompous "B" & rage-aholic... Hell, he shot his friend & kicked his own son during a game!

Reaction Score
Not Pitino. I wouldn't want to be brought up in the lawsuit after he bangs the waitress.

Ollie-No doubt.

Calhoun-Get a few drinks in him and then ask his opinion of zone defense and the break up of the old Big East...which brings me to...

Boeheim-only so JC can flash his rings over and over again in JB's direction while he is eviscerated by the legend.

Raftery-I need someone to lighten the mood after JB has been choked out by Calhoun.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The fun part about this article was you could invite "dead" people.... Are they going to dig them up for dinner? ;)

For the "dead" people, I'd invite...
Rick Majerus - He was always funny to listen to. A great basketball mind. Always off the cuff, never knew what he'd say. Similar to Barkley. But he wasn't a "Big Gay Guy"... LOL
Al McQuire - He always had a funny story to tell. I could probably listen to him all night & not need to speak a word. He was always happy & entertaining...

Not "quite dead yet" people, I'd invite...
Louie Carnasecca - He was another great story teller. He liked everyone. He was always happy too. You'd want him to be your very own grandfather! And those sweaters!
Jerry Tarkanian - He'd be fun too, just to figure him out. He reminded me of George the Animal Steele! Chewing towels/eating turnbuckles. Almost chapwilwau72'esque...

Senior Statesmen, I'd invite...
Jim Calhoun - Again great stories, off the cuff. As honest as you can get. Living legend. So much you can say about him.
John Thompson - When he spoke, people listened. Almost the Gentle Giant.

Today's spokesmen, I'd invite Ollie...
Kevin Ollie - His quotes are great & he's always thinking beyond what you're thinking. Up & comer. Great person.
Tom Izzo - Doesn't get enough respect. Seems like a really nice guy.
Jay Bilas - Not a coach, but obviously thinks & speaks up when things are not right. Another good guy.

Who I would NEVER invite...
Calamari - I hate used car salesmen. Doesn't shut the "F" up. Will say anything to sell you. Bad morals.
Bobby Knight - Arrogant "A", pompous "B" & rage-aholic... Hell, he shot his friend & kicked his own son during a game!

Well, I learned something today. I thought Carnesseca and Tark were both dead already.

Reaction Score
Back in 1976 I had the honor to meet Dee Rowe and have a very brief conversation. Very interesting guy and would be on the top of my list.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Calhoun - because
Raff - funny as hell and always closes the bar down
Tark - want to hear about the running rebels days (most mythical teams from my era)
Valvano - genuine; gets me fired up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69