ESPN.com ranking CFB facilities | The Boneyard

ESPN.com ranking CFB facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We get docked for having the stadium a 30 minute drive from campus. Our practice facility, from everything I hear, is second to none. In the country.

Reaction Score
We need a stadium on campus... or like a few miles down rt 195 from it... or up N Eagleville? It's gotta happen guys... seriously..

Reaction Score
I say we blow up Carriage House and put one there.. That place was a dump 20 years ago..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We need a stadium on campus... or like a few miles down rt 195 from it... or up N Eagleville? It's gotta happen guys... seriously..

So we won't get docked points in an ESPN report?

Reaction Score

Disagree. Getting fans to come to games in Storrs (nevermind getting them in and out efficiently) would be a disaster.

I lived in Carriage House 20 years ago. That place hasn't been condemned yet?

F

fortebleedsblue

Funny ... For not being considered in the same league as the "Big 5" the conference still gets included in major articles...

Also the most interesting part of the article ..

" I asked former Big East blogger Brian Bennett for an assist. These are our rankings."

Mr. Home town Louisville himself putting the cardinals at #1.

pj

Reaction Score
The population center of Connecticut is west of the river. If you want to sell out a 55,000 seat stadium, you can't make people drive the extra half hour - extra 2 hours if there's no freeway spur built to the stadium and the local roads back up.

It's easier to bus the students to Rentschler than to move the fans to Storrs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The population center of Connecticut is west of the river. If you want to sell out a 55,000 seat stadium, you can't make people drive the extra half hour - extra 2 hours if there's no freeway spur built to the stadium and the local roads back up.

It's easier to bus the students to Rentschler than to move the fans to Storrs.

No one who lives in Ct. should complain about the commute regardless of where the stadium is located. The entire state is literally no more than 2 hours to get from any point A to any point B.

However, putting a stadium in Storrs would necessitate a $500m+ infrastructure. East Hartford works just fine for gamedays.

Reaction Score
We have the #1 facilities.

If L'ville is number one why are they "upgrading" their weight room?

I have been to Louisville twice and can say that their stadium is incredible. That is why? We have a negative (for these rankings) in stadium and they have a weight room that is currently being upgraded.

Reaction Score
No one who lives in Ct. should complain about the commute regardless of where the stadium is located. The entire state is literally no more than 2 hours to get from any point A to any point B.

However, putting a stadium in Storrs would necessitate a $500m+ infrastructure. East Hartford works just fine for gamedays.
Maybe we need another busway... at $6k/inch.

Reaction Score

I agree - however if you're talking Thursday or Friday night games, coming from Fairfield County via either I-95 or I-84 east bound on those nights is a nightmare. I've had it take me at times upwards of 2 hours to get from Danbury to Waterbury (normally a 30 minute ride) due to traffic. New York and New Jersey empty into New England on those nights and seriously clog the highways.

Reaction Score
I agree - however if you're talking Thursday or Friday night games, coming from Fairfield County via either I-95 or I-84 east bound on those nights is a nightmare. I've had it take me at times upwards of 2 hours to get from Danbury to Waterbury (normally a 30 minute ride) due to traffic. New York and New Jersey empty into New England on those nights and seriously clog the highways.

so exactly how would having the stadium 30 minutes further east help this?

Reaction Score
may not help much Boots but get to I-91 North via Wilbur Cross Parkway or 691 then take Rt 3 to cross the Conn. River to Rt 2. to the Rent. Friday afternoons getting through Hartford eastbound is always backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom