Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Vowelguy['s system is better.

Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever seen players ranked #41 & #43 have a 5-star rating!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've only seen highlights of two players in the 2015 class.... Suggs and #8 on Team Spain..... so I will just have to go by what the experts have to say. Our class addresses our needs perfectly, so in that regard... its a good class.

Me too, but VG also has Louisville's class as #1

I guess I shouldnt post my system and rankings........ you can imagine who I have as #1 ;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
One way I like to think of recruiting (or free agents in pro sports), is "Would the other team want this player?"

Durr is obviously UConn quality and Cole probably is too. But I don't think Jones, DeGrate, or Fuehring would ever get an offer from UConn. But I'm sure Walz would take UConn's trio in a heartbeat.

I'll be curious to see where the other services land on their class rankings. I think ND at #5 is too low but not a surprise given that they have the lowest ranking (of the five sites I look at) on Ogunbowale (#10, no lower than #7 on the other 4) and Mabrey (#26, no lower than #11 on the other 4).

Comparatively, the have the highest (or tied for the highest) ranking on all 3 of the Texas players. They also have the highest ranking on Salvadores, Lambert, and Suggs for Duke.

Reaction Score
I agree that UCONN's class should be no.1. Quantity does not supercede quality.
I agree: however, as the Soviet Military used to say in comparing their forces to the more sophisticated, but smaller, western armies..."quantity has a quality of its own."

Reaction Score
Realistically speaking, I think Natalie Butler adds to the incoming group even though she will be a soph. :):)

Reaction Score
I agree: however, as the Soviet Military used to say in comparing their forces to the more sophisticated, but smaller, western armies..."quantity has a quality of its own."
That's a good one. But you can only play 5 at once in basketball.

Reaction Score

I agree but it can be mediocre quality! And the Russians have proved that many times!

Reaction Score
I didn't say that the Russians were right. It's just a favorite line that I've waited a long time to use.

And, UConn has lately operated with a very short bench.
Fortunately, it seems that those days are over for awhile.

Reaction Score
I didn't say that the Russians were right. It's just a favorite line that I've waited a long time to use.

And, UConn has lately operated with a very short bench.
Fortunately, it seems that those days are over for awhile.

Not this year. Just 10 scholarship players. Certainly enough, but if Gabby is still in recovery phase for a while and/or 1-2 of the frosh take a little while to 'figure it out' and/or there's an injury, then we're back to a short bench.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
As long as it is long enough for all to sit, even if they are scrunched up.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not this year. Just 10 scholarship players. Certainly enough, but if Gabby is still in recovery phase for a while and/or 1-2 of the frosh take a little while to 'figure it out' and/or there's an injury, then we're back to a short bench.

Look at the minutes the others are going to play. Barring injuries the bench isn't going to get in much anyway.

Stewart, KML, and Jefferson will be at approximately 90 minutes. Stokes being the only center will likely be in the 28-30 range. If Tuck's healthy she's probably going to be 20-25. That's going to leave something like 55 minutes for Chong and the freshmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom