escalators are not only for cowards, | The Boneyard

escalators are not only for cowards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Saw this on reddit yesterday. FYI it's not for the faint of heart. It's not gory per se, but it's traumatizing stuff.

Reaction Score
Wow i'm dont tend to be bothered too much by this type of stuff, but that is pretty hard to watch (maybe because of the 2 year old kid). Rip to that young lady. Very sad

Reaction Score
I read this story elsewhere where they referenced other recent escalator atrocities and they mentioned one where it reversed directions and killed something like 13 people. WTF?!?!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ya think that's bad, might as well just avoid all "people moving apparatus'" in China. This poor boy died just trying to use the elevator.
Man, I was uncomfortable using elevators for a couple weeks after watching this.

Warning: not easy to watch

Reaction Score
There but for the grace of . . . . . . . . . . .

No telling how many escalators (and elevators) I've been on. It could be one of us and I weigh a lot more than her.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I have to think this is somewhat similar to what solitary confinement in prison must be like..

Reaction Score
It could be one of us and I weigh a lot more than her.
I'm just throwing this out there as a "maybe, could-have, might be," but I'm fairly confident that "safety standards" is not a concept that has made its way into the Chinese consciousness quite yet. A few more decades of prosperity and we might start to see things like "bolts" being used for escalator escarpment covers. Until then, this type of thing will continue to happen regularly in China. Check out these welding masks and moped trailer:
WeldersIndR_650x475.jpg

China-Style-Fail.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm just throwing this out there as a "maybe, could-have, might be," but I'm fairly confident that "safety standards" is not a concept that has made its way into the Chinese consciousness quite yet. A few more decades of prosperity and we might start to see things like "bolts" being used for escalator escarpment covers. Until then, this type of thing will continue to happen regularly in China. Check out these welding masks and moped trailer:
Yeah I hear ya, how about the foundation work on this bad boy?

econ_chinainfra40__01__614x365@2x_gp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99