Enoch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are crazy
JC almost always went with the vets first - one of the rare occasions was KEA

AO begs to differ. Players like Hilton Armstrong and Gavin Edwards may also disagree. Donnell Beverly was a capt but was behind napier and lamb. Calhoun almost always played the better player who helped the team more. Not sure Nolan and SC would get any minutes under JC.

Reaction Score
I saw Brimah and Enooch standing together at the pool Saturday. Hard to tell height exactly with Steve's hair, but he's got an NBA body now. He is going to be really good, needs 3+ years. Brimah is lean. Miller also is so developed, standing with Facey. Too bad he wasn't 6-9.

Atlantis is a great tourney because of good fields. Paradise Jam fields are somewhat weak and Cancun Challenge would be great, because Moon Palace is such a great place, but weaker fields too.

Reaction Score
Go with KO on this one . He sees these kids everyday in practice and he knows their strengths and weaknesses better than anyone on this board. Enoch has a great upside but he is only 18 and learning the game at the Div. 1 level. I expect we'll see more of him latter in the season.

Reaction Score
No doubt about it. I think the physical D that Adams and Enoch can play differentiates the teams ultimate capabilities.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He was good against Karnowski for the most part because he couldn't move quick, but his physical ability was much better than AB in the low post did not get pushed around. He did react slow to a help situation where a guy laid it up when he didn't get there but hey we've been living with that for 2 years now, it can't be worst. Eventually, maybe next year, he will get more minutes against better teams than now. For now I would like to see him improve the thinking on the defensive end f he does that he will steal some time.

This is true, but he doesn't offer Brimah's timing or intimidation factor with blocking as compensation.

Reaction Score
This is true, but he doesn't offer Brimah's timing or intimidation factor with blocking as compensation.

He never blocks a shot of anyone who gets their shoulder in him, never. The headband guy from Maine abused him when he figured it out. It's always away from the ball, hardly ever the man he's on.

That doesn't make it a bad thing, it's just not intimidating any good bigs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Cassell doesn't have anything to do with Enoch's minutes. And Phil is a very good P&R defender, so there are times where he will make more sense than Enoch.

He also sets a very good pick too. Which helps with our particular perimeter personnel.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He never blocks a shot of anyone who gets their shoulder in him, never. The headband guy from Maine abused him when he figured it out. It's always away from the ball, hardly ever the man he's on.

That doesn't make it a bad thing, it's just not intimidating any good bigs.

That's true, but I was speaking more of guys driving into the paint. They do have to account for that.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against SH is good to establish defense but also to get Gibbs back on track, but getting back to Enoch, letting him get some serious minutes would not be the worst idea.We know that Brimah and Nolan can put up numbers (maybe) in a game like this that are more or less meaningless. Watching Diamond Stone through his first games I notice him getting more comfortable and improving. Enoch maybe is no Stone but we need to find out what he is.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against SH is good to establish defense but also to get Gibbs back on track, but getting back to Enoch, letting him get some serious minutes would not be the worst idea.We know that Brimah and Nolan can put up numbers (maybe) in a game like this that are more or less meaningless. Watching Diamond Stone through his first games I notice him getting more comfortable and improving. Enoch maybe is no Stone but we need to find out what he is.
Watching Stone last night, I thought that if Steve was getting those minutes he would be producing similar or better results. AB, PN, and KF are so limited (shooting but also passing) I want to see more of Enoch. Could he be that lost in practice to warrant playing in only 3 games so far and 8 minute per?

Reaction Score
Watching Stone last night, I thought that if Steve was getting those minutes he would be producing similar or better results. AB, PN, and KF are so limited (shooting but also passing) I want to see more of Enoch. Could he be that lost in practice to warrant playing in only 3 games so far and 8 minute per?
I would bet this, he is probably really far behind in the staffs eyes. Stuff like where to be on offense when action starts, or pick n roll defense. He is clearly the best 'athlete' of the big men and has the most upside, i dont even recall the last time one of our bigs crashed the glass for almost a drummond esque putback ( he missed it). I'm thinking they want to bring him along slowly, as opposed to adams who is older by a year and is ready for a boatload of minutes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clearly we've been hiding Enoch for the MD game so we can spring him on an unsuspecting Stone, who will not have the benefit of enough Enoch footage to scout and prepare adequately for what is going to be unleashed on him.

Beware the Shamzizzle!

Reaction Score
When people say that Facey, for example, is "so limited" in terms of passing and shooting, what have they seen from Enoch beyond a high school highlight package to think that he's less limited? There's probably a reason he's not playing.

Reaction Score
I agree Enoch has shown us flashes of future greatness but also many flashes of freshman play. I like what I've seen from Brimah so far, he isn't taking over games, but a handful of times a game I'll notice him really fight for a rebound well and lock it down. His hands have been a whole lot better, I think in the past I'd see him get a rebound into his hands but then it would bobble out or be stolen but this year if he has his hands on it he gets it for the most part. I like the hands that Brimah and Enoch have shown us, but we need to hit shots early to open up the court, then get some movement inside and get those alley oop tosses flying

I forget who it was, maybe Cuse, was doing a ton of tapping rebounds to each other and it was infuriating to me because it seems like Brimah hasn't learned this massively useful skill in the game of basketball. Yes if a guy can touch the ball you want him grabbing it, but there are so many times that a guy can get a few fingers on the ball but not enough to grab it, slap that ball toward an open teammate and its routinely an easy layup/dunk or a nice start to a fast break.

We need to start tipping the rebounds more, especially with Hamilton in the game who has great rebounding instincts. Am I crazy or do we not often tip rebounds to each other?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
When people say that Facey, for example, is "so limited" in terms of passing and shooting, what have they seen from Enoch beyond a high school highlight package to think that he's less limited? There's probably a reason he's not playing.
Not to mention that Favey has been awesome off the bench. His offensive rebounding has kept us alive at a couple pivotal moments the last couple of games.

Reaction Score

Does he really need to pass or shoot? Just rebound and dunk the ball would be ok with me. No need to try and turn him into a Dirk.

Reaction Score
Worldwide said:
Does he really need to pass or shoot? Just rebound and dunk the ball would be ok with me. No need to try and turn him into a Dirk.

Not sure you caught the point of my question.

Reaction Score
Should Enoch get all the minutes as backup center? Clearly, he has greatest upside. Would Ollie lose Nolan with strings of DNP? Should Ollie discard small ball(Miller, Facey at center) for Enoch's development? Or just play it by ear?

You know you're a dedicated Uconn fan when you're debating "life's biggest questions" at 4:00am on a Monday.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fans always, always, love the guy with potential sitting on the bench. Gives them an conduit to bitch about the guys that are getting minutes. Same thing happened with Gavin Edwards when he wasn't ready for prime time in the first half of his career.

Reaction Score
Fans always, always, love the guy with potential sitting on the bench. Gives them an conduit to bitch about the guys that are getting minutes. Same thing happened with Gavin Edwards when he wasn't ready for prime time in the first half of his career.

Edwards had Adrien and Thabeet in front of him not Nolan and Brimah. Free Big Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom