Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Sucks I cant make it to this game... Boat deserves standing room only....The progress he has made since his first year is really impressive to me from a skill standpoint but more of a teammate and mental standpoint...Lets get this win!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you watch the end of the National Championship highlight videos from last year, you see how happy boatright was, how much it meant to him with everything he's been through... when I saw how happy he was, the decision to come back, and how much he matured both with his game and his personality he became one of my favorite players... kid is a warrior both on and off the court and it's not going to be the same without his crossover and tough defense in a UConn uniform... I hope he get's drafted to the NBA this year to fulfill his dream... he's developed a lot and has proven he deserves a shot

Reaction Score
Damn don't remind me. Its feels like a funeral, not sure I've felt that way of any other player, and we've had some stars. Will be nice to see his mother there, and I would expect JC.

It seems like yesterday when he was a freshman and how we were debating about him starting over Bazz. This team needs to win out for him and him alone, he's NCAA Tourney worthy!

We've been looking for mojo symbol all season and didn't realize it was a four letter word we frequently use right in front of our face.

800xNxcruiser-andrew-bedov-fast-luxury-speed-boat.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.FjZZG-35YFOZmr0qzlfS.jpg

Reaction Score
It has been a joy to watch him mature into a complete player and teammate over these four years. Even if the team doesn't make the tournament this year (perish the thought), perhaps it was his fate to be an example of hard work and dedication to the underclassmen. I'm really hoping they make it to the tourney and Ryan can show them how to survive from one game to the next. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Boatright: "If you go through life trying to compare yourself to other people, you'll never be satisfied," he said. "I've done the best I can."

A young man wise beyond his years. So easy to pull for a kid like that. If they if they don't make the tournament I'll be most disappointed for him.

Reaction Score
Time flies by. Was in the Bahamas for Boat's 1st game as a Husky after the BS NCAA crap. He could not play the first night, but hit 3 FTs to win the second night. I remember passing JC after the first game and saying "can't wait to finally see Boat tomorrow", and he just smiled and said somthing along the lines of "you'll like what you see".

I'm so grateful he ended up with us and hope he is rewarded in the future as payback for all he has given us these last 4 years. He deserves it.

Reaction Score
Pretty Simple -Boat is a Champion and a Warrior.
One of the toughest players to ever wear the National Flag Blue.

One of my All Time favorites.

BTW-Boat belongs on the Wall.

Boat passes the eye test IMO. He IS one of the Best to ever wear the UCONN uniform.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boatright is in my opinion the toughest player to ever play for Uconn and thats saying a lot. He's has matured beyond his years and been a great teammate, hope the guys around him step it up I know he will. I hope an NBA team gives him a fair chance because if they do he will make a roster. I wouldn't be against Boatright going up onto the wall of honor on Sr night. He went through a tough Fr year serving 2 BS suspensions by the NCAA, going through the tourney ban year, of course last year tag teaming with Shabazz and his shut down D, to this year being the "LEADER" of a very young Uconn team. He has gone through way more them we could ever ask for. Im not ready to see it end and yes because of RB I have some hope we can still make it into the tourney.

Reaction Score
RB will be sorely missed even if he never transformed into a true point guard. He has shown a great outside shot and top notch athletic talent. I will miss his 2 handed dunks. To see a little guy get that far up is so exciting to watch. RB you will be missed and thanks for giving everything you had in your tank this year to even give us a chance of making the NCAA's. I hope the team responds and gets us into the NCAA tourney for Ryan.

Reaction Score
RB will be sorely missed even if he never transformed into a true point guard. He has shown a great outside shot and top notch athletic talent. I will miss his 2 handed dunks. To see a little guy get that far up is so exciting to watch. RB you will be missed and thanks for giving everything you had in your tank this year to even give us a chance of making the NCAA's. I hope the team responds and gets us into the NCAA tourney for Ryan.
A true pg is one of the most outdated terms there is when it comes to basketball, as Jerry Meyer put it its a term now used to hate on PGs that have the talent to score. I think Boat has done a pretty good job of dictating tempo and picking his spots of when to try to score and when to distribute, his biggest issue this year is having to be reliant on inexperienced players that have been inconsistent from not only game to game but within the same game. I don't think Boat is as good a passer or has the vision of say MWill, but you pair him with the talent that he or Taliek had and I don't think anyone would be voicing gripes about Boat's PG ability or distributing the ball. Boat has come a long way in terms of managing a game, its just unfortunate for him his senior year came now and not next year when Purvis, DHam, and Brimah are a year older.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Boatright--I hope you become a 1st round pick and play in the NBA for 10 years--great Husky one of the best all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom