Emmert Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
on some guys twitter feed... scroll down
https://twitter.com/ccarlsononSU

Emmert on UNC: I won't talk on UNC but universities and faculty are de facto keepers of academic integrity

Emmert: They didn't go in and say that course was a fake course, not holding itself to standards.

Reaction Score
Pretty much assumed it was going to go down like this.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If you read the rest of the tweets, he stated Emmert was talking about the initial non-pursuit of investigation.

I don't get the sense that they're not actively investigating now.

Either way - I hope Emmert comes down with some sort of horrible skin rash.

Reaction Score
North Carolina may be preseason #1 in 2015-16. I am about to say something I hope the good Lord will ultimately forgive me for on judgement day. This is REALLY BAD. Well here it goes.................I hope Marcus Paige breaks a leg this summer and is forced to red shirt killing all of UNC's National Championship dreams! Then I hope he returns and makes his dreams a reality on the NBA level after UNC loses in the 1st round of the 2016-17 season. I am not a big UNC fan right now. :( Sorry I feel bad.

Reaction Score
Not me, I want them to be the best team in CBB. Then I want them declared ineligible for post season play. However, part of me will feel sad for these kids because they had nothing to do with what they will be punished for.
IMO, it's time the NCAA starts punishing the coaches and administrators; not letting them off the hook because they outran the investigators.

Reaction Score
North Carolina may be preseason #1 in 2015-16. I am about to say something I hope the good Lord will ultimately forgive me for on judgement day. This is REALLY BAD. Well here it goes.......I hope Marcus Paige breaks a leg this summer and is forced to red shirt killing all of UNC's National Championship dreams! Then I hope he returns and makes his dreams a reality on the NBA level after UNC loses in the 1st round of the 2016-17 season. I am not a big UNC fan right now. :( Sorry I feel bad.

UNC will start top 5 again and will finish as a good, not great top 15 team. No need for Marcus to break a leg.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
There is a total complete and utter breakdown of moral standards and personal integrity in every level of this society. It used to be: maybe no one will find out. Now, it is: we have no objective moral standard, so we will do whatever we please because you do not have the authority to stop us.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Then why does APR matter?

because if a kid transfers because he's unhappy with playing time, then the entire program has academic issues

stated differently, Emmert is a documented fool, and brain dead bureaucrat who's self worth is infinitely greater than his real value to society

being lost in life's fog is a prerequisite for being a bureaucrat, so have to give Emmert credit for finding something he could excel in. He found the perfect venue for losers in life to have a voice much larger than they deserve

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Personally, I think Syracuse caught a break for three concurent scandals (Drugs, illegal payments to players, and of course instituional academic fraud) that spanned a over a decade. Certainly, at a minimum the post season prohibition should have been for this year and their current frosh class should have been allowed to transfer without penalty. They should have had to vacate their national championship as well, although it will always have an asterisk next to it in the minds of the fans.

That said UNC's two decade long instituional academic fraud is absolutely grounds for the death penalty. With vacation of titles during the fraud period.

A enforment system is inherently flawed is the penalty for being caught in fraud is less severe then the penatly for honestly reporting a failure to meet a standard. In both of these cases without the academic fraud players would have been ineligible to play. If you play an illeligible player your fortiet the game. The starting point for any penalty is enforcing that rule.

Reaction Score
Emmert looks like that pesky mouse i've got running around my house. Little piss ant dude.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think Syracuse caught a break for three concurent scandals (Drugs, illegal payments to players, and of course instituional academic fraud) that spanned a over a decade. Certainly, at a minimum the post season prohibition should have been for this year and their current frosh class should have been allowed to transfer without penalty. They should have had to vacate their national championship as well, although it will always have an asterisk next to it in the minds of the fans.

That said UNC's two decade long instituional academic fraud is absolutely grounds for the death penalty. With vacation of titles during the fraud period.

A enforment system is inherently flawed is the penalty for being caught in fraud is less severe then the penatly for honestly reporting a failure to meet a standard. In both of these cases without the academic fraud players would have been ineligible to play. If you play an illeligible player your fortiet the game. The starting point for any penalty is enforcing that rule.

Very well said

Reaction Score
The Cuse got off easy and tarheel's will skate by easy. Have thought this all along. APR is pretty much gone now also and to think what happened to us and e spn killing us daily and with one of the biggest academic scandals on record and not a peep from them. It's over time to move on but every time I see Emmert's name I get pissed off.

Reaction Score
The Cuse got off easy and tarheel's will skate by easy. Have thought this all along. APR is pretty much gone now also and to think what happened to us and e spn killing us daily and with one of the biggest academic scandals on record and not a peep from them. It's over time to move on but every time I see Emmert's name I get pissed off.
ESPN CEO is a UNC alum. Half of the commentators are Syracuse or ND. And they have to live in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
I don't think Syracuse got off easily. 3 scholarships a year off the top is pretty crippling. We were complaining about UConn only having 10 guys this year, imagine having that be the case for the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
ESPN CEO is a UNC alum. Half of the commentators are Syracuse or ND. And they have to live in the Northeast.
And ESPN is Located in Connecticut.
A state which gave them significant tax breaks

Reaction Score
I don't think Syracuse got off easily. 3 scholarships a year off the top is pretty crippling. We were complaining about UConn only having 10 guys this year, imagine having that be the case for the next 4 years.
We did have 10 for a number of years
The 2008 APR
And Recruiting Violatios

CL82

Reaction Score
Really? If I recall correctly Calhoun won a national championship down two. Of course Beoheim is no Jim Calhoun.

CL82

Reaction Score
There were 12 scholarship guys on the 2011 team.
"The highest-profile penalty in that year's cycle was handed down to defending NCAA men's basketball champion Connecticut. The Huskies lost two scholarships for the 2011–12 season due to APR violations."
linky
Alternative linky

Reaction Score
"The highest-profile penalty in that year's cycle was handed down to defending NCAA men's basketball champion Connecticut. The Huskies lost two scholarships for the 2011–12 season due to APR violations."
linky
Alternative linky

Right. But we weren't down two the year we won the championship, which is what you were saying earlier.

CL82

Reaction Score
Right. But we weren't down two the year we won the championship, which is what you were saying earlier.
Ah got it...I like my version better though.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom