• Washington

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
When I first saw the brackets, I thought it was a lock for a Notre Dame-Maryland bloodbath in the Elite 8. I'm truly amazed neither team is here. I think this game is going to come down to which Stanford team shows up. Last night they played masterful basketball. Sniezak was sensational at the point, Samuelson was hot and McCall had the best game of her career. I've only seen 2-3 Stanford games all year, but their offense was ridiculous last night. They had 2 losses earlier this year where they scored just 31 and 36 points, and they put up 90 points last night against a really really good Notre Dame team. McCall looks leaps and bounds better than she did a season ago. She is on quite a tear, she has 20+ in 5 of her last 6 games, and the only game she didn't put up 20, she had 14/10 in a blowout win. The key for Stanford will be tempo. If they can play the game at their pace, get good ball movement and McCall has a big night, it's their game to lose.

For Washington, their big three of Plum, Walton and Osahor need to have very good nights. Plum doesn't need to score 30+ points but needs to play efficiently. Keep turnovers low, good shot selection and get her teammates involved. Walton needs to score at least 18-20+, and Osahor needs to battle on the boards, body up McCall and stay out of foul trouble. Stanford projects to be the stronger team, but I'm excited to see the third matchup of the two teams. Both have exception wins on their resume and have weapons to knock of Tennessee or Syracuse in the Final Four.

I think Stanford wins by 8-10 in another outburst by McCall. Plum/Walton will get their points, but not efficiently and Stanford marches back to their 7th Final Four in 9 years. A very unexpected Final Four berth if they make it, huge props to Tara Vanderveer for the job she did last night and how well she builds teams.

Reaction Score
I just wonder if Stanford goes through what it did after its big win against UConn last year (hard to believe we've lost a game as recently as last season, but it's true). They got so up for that game and after it just seemed drained.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I voted for Washington. I agree with Hoopsfan21 - ND was an 'NC' type game for them and like the FF win against us, I am afraid they forget to show up for the second game of the regional. I think Washington's big three have a better chance to remain consistent. But I expect it to be a good game!

Reaction Score
I've been going back and forth with this game for all the reasons mentioned. Both teams have a shot at winning the game since they split during the regular season/Pac-12 tournament. The way Stanford played against Notre Dame would seem to give them an advantage. Washington has taken out Maryland and Kentucky and is playing really well. Tara has obviously been here before and will have the team prepared, but it depends on what team shows up. The more I think about it, the more I keep flip-flopping. I'll go with my gut and say Stanford will pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom