Eli Carter- Florida Grad Transfer | The Boneyard

Eli Carter- Florida Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Probably going to Seton Hall to fill the Sterling Gibbs vacancy :eek::eek::eek:
Everywhere I read, it says Gibbs is returning to Seton Hall next year. Although I would rather Gibbs than Carter.

Reaction Score
Not sure Carter is much of an upgrade over what we already have.

Has he officially announced his intention to transfer yet?

Reaction Score

Yeah he's announced it and Florida has said they'll let him transfer anywhere he wants to go to

Reaction Score

We don't need someone to come in and get 12 ppg. Samuel is a great energy player but not fully equipped to run a team, so we need someone who can just handle the rock and not turn it over. With the additions of Miller and Adams we seem to have sufficient scoring options. A player like Carter would be welcomed by me.

Reaction Score
He definitely doesn't stink...and would have played significant minutes last year when we desperately needed a second ball handler.

Reaction Score
He definitely doesn't stink...and would have played significant minutes last year when we desperately needed a second ball handler.

I really would rather not bring in another player who can't shoot. We have plenty of those.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He doesn't offer us anything more than we already get from Samuel.

Reaction Score
We don't need someone to come in and get 12 ppg. Samuel is a great energy player but not fully equipped to run a team, so we need someone who can just handle the rock and not turn it over. With the additions of Miller and Adams we seem to have sufficient scoring options. A player like Carter would be welcomed by me.

Carter - 2.0 assists, 1.6 turnovers per game

Samuel - 1.6 assists, 1.3 turnovers per game

The difference is negligible, IMO, and with Carter being a fifth year senior, there is less chance that he is a markedly better player next season than there is with Samuel.

Reaction Score
Carter - 2.0 assists, 1.6 turnovers per game

Samuel - 1.6 assists, 1.3 turnovers per game

The difference is negligible, IMO, and with Carter being a fifth year senior, there is less chance that he is a markedly better player next season than there is with Samuel.
Carter also averaged about 5 more points. Look, I'm not saying he is our savior and needs to play 30 mpg, but its been beaten into the ground and is known that we kinda need another ball handler on the team. Why keep an open scholarship? He'd be gone after this season anyway so he wouldn't matter to next yr's schools total, why not dip our feet in with him?

Reaction Score
Carter also averaged about 5 more points. Look, I'm not saying he is our savior and needs to play 30 mpg, but its been beaten into the ground and is known that we kinda need another ball handler on the team. Why keep an open scholarship? He'd be gone after this season anyway so he wouldn't matter to next yr's schools total, why not dip our feet in with him?

I just don't think Carter projects to be a good enough player next season that it is worth adding another body to an already crowded backcourt rotation. At a certain point, if a player isn't a considerable upgrade, you're just throwing darts at a wall. Samuel obviously can stand to improve, but he's shown enough where I'm comfortable with him playing bench minutes for us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

....because he's not very good.

At 36% shooting, those points were pretty freaking expensive for Florida - give Samuel nine shots a game and he'll get you eight points, too.

This one is an emphatic "PASS!"

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Everywhere I read, it says Gibbs is returning to Seton Hall next year. Although I would rather Gibbs than Carter.
Gibbs may not want people to know he's graduating and leaving until he graduates and leaves.

And since he knows where he's going if he transfers, he didn't need to declare it and visit schools over the next month.

He also could be unsure of his ability to graduate. He likely needs to pass the classes he's taking now to be able to graduate, and maybe thats no sure thing.

I have no clue if this thing really happens. This is all hypothetical. But transfers can happen very quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. Happens every year.

Reaction Score
I watched almost all of Florida's games and he is not a very team oriented player. He is much more of a "chucker" who gets his points with bad shot selection.
I really don't think he would help us at all, and he is not a great ball handler either. Let him go to somewhere like Monmouth.

Reaction Score
I think he'd be a good fit for a MAAC school... Finish his playing career off strong there... definitely a mid major kid at best...

Reaction Score
Carter's game is totally different than Samuel; he's a little bit of a gunner. That's not even close.

HOWEVER ... let's not think about this. Pass.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Seton Hall as they have a need for a guard now. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom