EDD: 45 points, 11 boards, 6 blocks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EDD: 45 points, 11 boards, 6 blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
EDD is an offensive machine. But taking this much of the burden on her shoulders will be tiring and could wear her down by the end of the season. She needs to give her body some rest so that the Lyme Disease stays dormant, otherwise that could crop up at any time and derail her.

I agree. It's clearly under control now but if she doesn't get help from her teammates soon she'll probably have a flare up. :(

Reaction Score
So Candace Parker was MVP and ROY in '08...

Might EDD win MVP and Most Improved Player in '15? lol!

So we saw a huge statistical improvement with Skylar Diggins last year and now Elena Delle Donne. Might the common denominator be that both were able to forgo playing overseas and focus on the WNBA season?

I think it is definitely a factor- both have to be fresher both physically & mentally than their teammates who play overseas.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I actually have thought about the EDD vs. Candace comparison before. Obviously Candace rebounds significantly better. But EDD actually might have an edge on blocking shots? (I haven't looked at the stats).

I just looked at the stats - I prefer advanced stats to traditional stats:

Parker (career):
PER 26.3; TS% .557; eFG% .510; TRB% 16.7; AST% 20.1; STL% 2.9; BLK% 4.9; TOV% 13.9%; USG% 28.2; WS/48 .274

Delle Donne (career)
PER 29.0; TS% .588, eFG% .495; TRB% 10.6; AST% 9.6; STL% 1.2; BLK% 4.4; TOV% 6.6; USG% 27.0; WS/48 .367

EDD is definitely a better scorer than Parker (higher FT%, higher FT rate, fewer turnovers). Probably still better on offense overall but Parker makes up ground with her passing. Parker is clearly better with defense and rebounding. The all-in-one stats like EDD better, though it's hard to quantify defense.

EDD is a bigger offensive weapon. Parker is more well-rounded and versatile. That's my conclusion.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The Sky are going to need EDD's points unless something changes defensively which is where Fowles is missed the most. The Sky lead the WNBA in points per game (88 and Tulsa is next at 82) but are 11th in points allowed at 81.

Watching every Sky game, there's a moment I think...if only the Sky had someone who could control the paint and dominate the glass. Then, I remember that Syl is that person exactly and I get :(

No doubt the offense has taken off without her clogging the middle but the corresponding hit the defense has taken might outweigh it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I just looked at the stats - I prefer advanced stats to traditional stats:

Parker (career):
PER 26.3; TS% .557; eFG% .510; TRB% 16.7; AST% 20.1; STL% 2.9; BLK% 4.9; TOV% 13.9%; USG% 28.2; WS/48 .274

Delle Donne (career)
PER 29.0; TS% .588, eFG% .495; TRB% 10.6; AST% 9.6; STL% 1.2; BLK% 4.4; TOV% 6.6; USG% 27.0; WS/48 .367

EDD is definitely a better scorer than Parker (higher FT%, higher FT rate, fewer turnovers). Probably still better on offense overall but Parker makes up ground with her passing. Parker is clearly better with defense and rebounding. The all-in-one stats like EDD better, though it's hard to quantify defense.

EDD is a bigger offensive weapon. Parker is more well-rounded and versatile. That's my conclusion.
Outstanding numbers for both. Asuming they both make the olympic team who would you start?

Reaction Score
EDD is a class act. She put her family before basketball.
She was 18, moved away from family, new environment, missed family, faced new challenges. Not unusual at that age, very understandable, no need to raise that to family before basketball high ground. Otherwise should she be playing at New York instead of Chicago now? Or just find a job in Delaware?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She did nothing for UConn. Has nothing to do with UConn. A very good player, but doesn't warrant a thread here. Stole a scholarship from someone else.
While true, we were full that year (with her), so in essence UCONN didn't have an extra scholarship that year and lost one. However, not really sure who else they might have brought in that year if she had never committed. Maybe N. Ogwumike? But probably not. Other than that I don't know of anyone we were really after.

In 2009, we only brought in Faris. So maybe we could have done better if we'd have known earlier that EDD wasn't in the fold. But there was not a huge amount of talent in 2009. Bone, Diggins and Griner were pretty set on where they were going. And after that....not much.

By 2010, it probably helped us in recruiting by not having her at UCONN. And we did pretty will with Dolson, Hartley, Johnson, Walker and Engeln.

All in all it pretty much evened itself out recruiting wise. EDD's FR and Soph years we went 78-0 and won 2 NCs, so that wouldn't have changed. However her Jr year and Sr year might have made a huge difference between FF and NC. But we'll never know.

Reaction Score
I've never held it against EDD for leaving UConn and I don't understand why anyone would. UConn isn't for everyone and everyone isn't for UConn.

IIRC she was very homesick for her family especially her sister. Last time I looked that isn't a crime.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I've never held it against EDD for leaving UConn and I don't understand why anyone would. UConn isn't for everyone and everyone isn't for UConn.

IIRC she was very homesick for her family especially her sister. Last time I looked that isn't a crime.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
There were 100's of other girls who had personal problems. They bit the bullet and worked their way through it. And....they didn't speak about it, or tell the press why they didn't follow through on their commitments. Maturity comes early for some people.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
She did nothing for UConn. Has nothing to do with UConn. A very good player, but doesn't warrant a thread here. Stole a scholarship from someone else.
I am sad that you will never be able to take pleasure in her game... enjoy your bitterness.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
There were 100's of other girls who had personal problems. They bit the bullet and worked their way through it. And....they didn't speak about it, or tell the press why they didn't follow through on their commitments. Maturity comes early for some people.

I can't help but be impressed with those who judge. They must be such wonderfully mature folks... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As Chicago edges Atlanta in OT. She shot 19-19 on FTs.

At 31.6 ppg, she's gotta be the early leader in the MVP race.
I love her but am cautious about the health issues she keeps having.

Reaction Score
She made a selfless decision because of family!At Delaware she could go home and spend time with her sister anytime she wanted!She realized that and made a decision that she never regretted!I bet 100s of players didn't have a sister like EDD does!She is one of the top 5 players in the WNBA!The way she did it was wrong but the reason was definitely right!She was only 18 at the time and IMO a very mature decision!Maturity does come early for some people.I see you are still waiting!

Reaction Score
Pete Rose,Diamond Deshields.Griner,World Cup,North Carolina fiasco and the list goes on.IMHO a lot of these threads are interesting and it just shows us the range of our posters!What could Connecticut have done better her first 2 years there.They were 78-0!Wait they only won the first 77 by double digits,only had 12 pts at half time and played their worst half of basketball in a NC game!If she didn't steal that scholarship they would have won 78 by double digits!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Pete Rose,Diamond Deshields.Griner,World Cup,North Carolina fiasco and the list goes on.IMHO a lot of these threads are interesting and it just shows us the range of our posters!What could Connecticut have done better her first 2 years there.They were 78-0!Wait they only won the first 77 by double digits,only had 12 pts at half time and played their worst half of basketball in a NC game!If she didn't steal that scholarship they would have won 78 by double digits!
Glory

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
She made a selfless decision because of family!At Delaware she could go home and spend time with her sister anytime she wanted!She realized that and made a decision that she never regretted!I bet 100s of players didn't have a sister like EDD does!She is one of the top 5 players in the WNBA!The way she did it was wrong but the reason was definitely right!She was only 18 at the time and IMO a very mature decision!Maturity does come early for some people.I see you are still waiting!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm waiting; waiting for those who have lived a charmed life to appreciate the "real"suffering of others.
Go visit the rundown sections of America's largest cities. Visit with a family composed of several children with only a single parent(mother) with no father anywhere in sight. The mother working at a low-paying job, or on welfare trying to raise the kids. Then, find a girl who left this kind of life to go to college on a basketball scholarship, who worked hard, and persevered.
I don't like to mention names, but it is now known by the people of America that Charde Houston was such a girl. She and her brother lived with their mother in a car, for almost 4 years!
Now, being successful, she helps others in need.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She thought she wanted to play basketball at UConn and then she realized she didn't. What is she supposed to do? There's no way she can give her scholarship to the hypothetical impoverished girl in need of a scholarship.

She's supposed to be unhappy and go through the motions for a year before requesting a transfer? We all know how challenging it is to play for Geno even if a player is 100% committed. Geno would have sniffed out that she didn't want to be there very quickly.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm waiting; waiting for those who have lived a charmed life to appreciate the "real"suffering of others.
Go visit the rundown sections of America's largest cities. Visit with a family composed of several children with only a single parent(mother) with no father anywhere in sight. The mother working at a low-paying job, or on welfare trying to raise the kids. Then, find a girl who left this kind of life to go to college on a basketball scholarship, who worked hard, and persevered.
I don't like to mention names, but it is now known by the people of America that Charde Houston was such a girl. She and her brother lived with their mother in a car, for almost 4 years!
Now, being successful, she helps others in need.
Charde Houston should be commended and celebrated for what she has done and continues to do!I do ask you if this is the real reason for your comments about EDD because she had the better upbringing with parents that are responsible and were able to provide!Charde and Elena both handled the hands they were dealt.Two amazing young women who at a young age had their priorities straight and mature beyond their years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom