Early CBS Sports draft standings | The Boneyard

Early CBS Sports draft standings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think Blidi goes before Trevardo. In a pass-happy NFL you can never have too many good DBs. I will be stunning d if Ryan Griffin goes without being drafted.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked they have Blidi-Wreh 34 spots ahead of Gratz. If anything I thought some scouts were liking Gratz more. Interesting stuff.

Also they have Trevardo listed as a OLB. Does he have the sideline to sideline speed for OLB in the NFL? Thought it be more fair to him to rate him at DE.

Reaction Score
If Blidi measures at a true 6"1" then he will go earlier. Height and a good cover corner are a valuable mix. Also think Griffin will go earlier given the advancement of two TE packages in the NFL.

Reaction Score
I think if Trevardo measures in below his listed height and weight, it's possible.

That's going to be big for him, but I could see Williams as one of the workout warriors that shoots up draft boards as well. Teams seem willing to take chances on smaller pass rushing OLBs if they get a mind-blowing 10-yd split, which I believe Trevardo will do.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked they have Blidi-Wreh 34 spots ahead of Gratz. If anything I thought some scouts were liking Gratz more. Interesting stuff.

Also they have Trevardo listed as a OLB. Does he have the sideline to sideline speed for OLB in the NFL? Thought it be more fair to him to rate him at DE.
Vardo is too small to be a DE the NFL. Remember he was a sprinter in high school and he still has great top end speed.

Reaction Score

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll be drafted as a pass rushing OLB. Just way too small for DE.

Reaction Score
I think Trevardo will go day 1 if he puts up strong combine numbers. It's a passing league and defensive coordinators need pass rushing weapons. someone will roll the dice high on him with the hopes of developing him. Look at at what the seahawks did in last yrs draft.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I think Trevardo will go day 1 if he puts up strong combine numbers. It's a passing league and defensive coordinators need pass rushing weapons. someone will roll the dice high on him with the hopes of developing him. Look at at what the seahawks did in last yrs draft.

Day 1 is the first round. I don't think he will go day 1.

Reaction Score
That's going to be big for him, but I could see Williams as one of the workout warriors that shoots up draft boards as well. Teams seem willing to take chances on smaller pass rushing OLBs if they get a mind-blowing 10-yd split, which I believe Trevardo will do.

I agree that he will put up freakish numbers at the combine. And I am interested to see if the NFL has backed off the "prototype" size for an OLB.

Reaction Score
Last time I was in the weight room Sio was on the top of the workout rankings. He should put up some numbers also.

Reaction Score
I agree that he will put up freakish numbers at the combine. And I am interested to see if the NFL has backed off the "prototype" size for an OLB.

Von Miller is a very similar size to Trevardo and went high. Now, I'm not saying he's as good as Miller, but that dominant 10-yard split seems to really overshadow a lot of other issues for a pass-rushing OLB. I think he'll go 3-4 with a good combine showing and potentially in 2 if he really blows people away and measures in at his listed height/weight.

Reaction Score
One thing I feel Gratz does better then Blidi-Wreh is his ability to close on the ball quickly. NFL scouts love to look for closing speed when drafting a DB. In my opinion Gratz has Blidi beat there. I know size is important, but at 5-11, 198 lbs, Gratz is far from being considered small.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

There is no way a pro scout could like Gratz over Wreh-Wilson. He isn't anywhere near the quality of cover corner.

Williams has always been a pro OLB. That's been clear for years.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Gratz could be a safety at the next level as he is a good tackler and has good range. I think he ends up getting drafter late as long as he puts up good numbers at the combine

Reaction Score
So much talent yet so few wins. Randy sure left the cupboard bare...

Reaction Score
So much talent yet so few wins. Randy sure left the cupboard bare...

The problem is there are two components in football - defense and offense. All the goodies were hidden in the defense cupboard. The offense cupboard was sparse - couple of standouts but mostly generic products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom