Duke's Nonconference Schedule | The Boneyard

Duke's Nonconference Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
released today. Not nearly as tough as last year's OOC schedule; toughest games will be A&M, SC and Kentucky. I like the season opener; I work for Penn so that is already marked on my calendar.

Nov. 13 at Penn
Nov. 15 vs. Winthrop
Nov. 18 vs. Texas A&M
Nov. 22 vs. Army

Nov. 26 vs. Idaho (in Cancun)
Nov. 27 vs. Iowa State (in Cancun)
Nov. 28 vs. Texas State (in Cancun)
Dec. 3 vs. Minnesota
Dec. 6 at South Carolina
Dec. 14 vs. Massachusetts
Dec. 17 vs. Liberty

Dec. 20 at Kentucky
Dec. 29 vs. Western Carolina
Dec. 31 vs. UNC Wilmington

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last year's schedule was brutal. This is a good schedule for a young squad. Not so great of a home slate. Glad to see the South Carolina game is on a Sunday...... sounds like I should make a trip down to Columbia for some fried chicken :cool: I LOVE Fried chicken. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No wonder Duke is such a highly regarded academic institution- Thanksgiving in Cancun. Nice work pulling that off!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No wonder Duke is such a highly regarded academic institution- Thanksgiving in Cancun. Nice work pulling that off!

Two years ago they were in the Virgin Islands over thanksgiving. Ahh..... the benefits some of these WCBB players have. Now that I think about it... they played in the Bahamas over thanksgiving in 2011. So I assume schools arent allowed to take these trips in consecutive seasons?

Reaction Score
Well Triaduke you'll have to pencil in eleven wins and then hope to take two of three from the A&M, SC, and Kentucky. You are young but I think that Salvadores will be an instant star and you had to make a mess of the last few minutes with SC to lose that one last year, so even with EW gone I think you'll have plenty to root for in the non-comference games. Your league will be very tough though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Triaduke you'll have to pencil in eleven wins and then hope to take two of three from the A&M, SC, and Kentucky. You are young but I think that Salvadores will be an instant star and you had to make a mess of the last few minutes with SC to lose that one last year, so even with EW gone I think you'll have plenty to root for in the non-comference games. Your league will be very tough though.

13-1 .... at worst :cool:

no need to bump this thread in december if im wrong ;)

Reaction Score
Given your competition in the ACC and your SC game I'll be rooting for you to make some noise and knock off a few giants.

Reaction Score
Last year's schedule was brutal. This is a good schedule for a young squad. Not so great of a home slate. Glad to see the South Carolina game is on a Sunday. sounds like I should make a trip down to Columbia for some fried chicken :cool: I LOVE Fried chicken. :D
Sold me on the fried chicken!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Last year's schedule was brutal. This is a good schedule for a young squad. Not so great of a home slate. Glad to see the South Carolina game is on a Sunday. sounds like I should make a trip down to Columbia for some fried chicken :cool: I LOVE Fried chicken. :D

LOL, we'll see about that. Holler if you need recommendations for accommodations.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Two years ago they were in the Virgin Islands over thanksgiving. Ahh..... the benefits some of these WCBB players have. Now that I think about it... they played in the Bahamas over thanksgiving in 2011. So I assume schools arent allowed to take these trips in consecutive seasons?
I checked the NCAA rules. A bit confusing, but -
- multiple team tournaments (3 to 4 games essentially counting as 2 games) can occur in the US, it's territories (Virgin Islands, for example), the Bahamas, Canada or Mexico.
- you can not go to the same tournament in consecutive years (and have it count as "2 games")
- you can play games in foreign countries - excluding Canada and Mexico - only once in 4 years (in season). So, for example, you could only participate in a tourney in the Bahamas once every 4 years if I'm reading correctly, but you could, if you were so minded, play Notre Dame in Ireland once every 4 years if you wanted to, as it says one or more games on one trip once every 4 years.

There is also something called a "certified foreign tour", but so far as I can tell, this rule refers to the summer trips (once very 4 years) that some schools take, and also refers to conference team tours that you used to see (i.e. a "Big 10" team, with a limit to the number of players from each institution).

May I recommend the NCAA manual, available for free, as a resource? I've used it for years, ever since learning of it from the Rutgers compliance office during a presentation. Before the days of free download, I even bought a couple of hard copies.

Reaction Score
Not too tough especially when you combine it with a conference schedule in the always over-rated ACC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom