Duke nabs Lynee Belton; now #1 class? | The Boneyard

Duke nabs Lynee Belton; now #1 class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Belton is #15 composite, giving the Blue Devils #11, 15, 25, 77. Using my (imperfect) formula, the Dukies now have the top class [so far].

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Lynee Belton to Duke.

Looking for a link!

Reaction Score
Duke has 3 guards, and 8 post players for 2014..... I wonder if Henson, and Heckman are healthy

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Duke has 3 guards, and 8 post players for 2014..... I wonder if Henson, and Heckman are healthy
I didn't get the same count as you:

2014 seniors: GUARDS: Johnson, Frush POSTS/FORWARDS: Williams, Henson
2014 juniors: GUARDS: Jones POSTS/FORWARDS: Heckman (Note that W Sierra Moore transferred)
2014 sophomores: GUARDS: Greenwell (2-3), Holland (1) POSTS/FORWARDS: Cooper, Chidom
2014 freshman: GUARDS: Calhoun (2-3) POSTS/FORWARDS: Belton, Stevens, Mathias

So for the 2014-2015 season, I get 6 guards (1-3) and 8 F/P (4-5). Were you counting the wings as neither guards nor posts/forwards? And did you not count Jenna Frush?

Still, your point is a good one, as Duke has 6 players for 3 spots and 8 players for only 2 spots. Maybe coach P will have some big line-ups!

Reaction Score
I didn't get the same count as you:

2014 seniors: GUARDS: Johnson, Frush POSTS/FORWARDS: Williams, Henson
2014 juniors: GUARDS: Jones POSTS/FORWARDS: Heckman (Note that W Sierra Moore transferred)
2014 sophomores: GUARDS: Greenwell (2-3), Holland (1) POSTS/FORWARDS: Cooper, Chidom
2014 freshman: GUARDS: Calhoun (2-3) POSTS/FORWARDS: Belton, Stevens, Mathias

So for the 2014-2015 season, I get 6 guards (1-3) and 8 F/P (4-5). Were you counting the wings as neither guards nor posts/forwards? And did you not count Jenna Frush?

Still, your point is a good one, as Duke has 6 players for 3 spots and 8 players for only 2 spots. Maybe coach P will have some big line-ups!

Frush is a walk-on and is not likely to see much action.

The 4/5 numbers are a bit more problematic than shown above. Henson has been injured and has been granted 2 additional years of eligibility. Heckman red-shirted last year due to ACL surgery. That means that Duke will have 7 4/5 players (eligibility wise) in the 2014 freshmen and sophomore classes combined. Perhaps there is concern about Henson/Heckman returning to full strength.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All those recruits are fine. She can only play 5 at a time. If playtime means anything to them there will be problems. Still with all those top players Duke has had problems making the FF. That makes me wonder if some of those kids are there for a free Duke education and BB is second. Its going to be very interesting to watch how it all works out.

UConn has a lot of the top players in the polls. Perhaps somebody can give us their rankings. Geno has been very selective by choosing kids who want to play for UConn, who are top players, who are ranked very high. Looking at Saniya Chong ranked 75 and see some players ranked ahead of her it bobbles my mind who that can be. She can take over a game when need be. She made steals, disrupted the opponets offense, and scored in a variety of different ways. She put her team on her back and won it for them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
:( This is not good for us at all.

Belton and Wilson were the 2 I was really hoping we would be able to get.

H

Huskyfan23

Wow, I never thought that the move to the AAC would have effected UConn's program even a little bit. With all the positives going for it like national recognition, yearly tough out of conf. schedule, winning tradition, having all games televised, new basketball center/HOF, etc. I thought that UConn would be immune from the effects of playing in the AAC. However after watching recruit after recruit after recruit making decisions to pass on UConn makes me wonder if the being in the AAC is ALOT BIGGER factor than I first thought.

Reaction Score
Wow, I never thought that the move to the AAC would have effected UConn's program even a little bit. With all the positives going for it like national recognition, yearly tough out of conf. schedule, winning tradition, having all games televised, new basketball center/HOF, etc. I thought that UConn would be immune from the effects of playing in the AAC. However after watching recruit after recruit after recruit making decisions to pass on UConn makes me wonder if the being in the AAC is ALOT BIGGER factor than I first thought.

Recruit after recruit? UConn still has 3 top 20 players coming. It's doing just fine thank you.

Of course the AAC matters.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Recruit after recruit? UConn still has 3 top 20 players coming. It's doing just fine thank you.

Weeeeee're DOOOOOOOMED!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Well to be fair, I believe they committed awhile back before this whole AAC thing came to fruition and UCONN was locked out of the ACC. But 2 highly rated recruits that were on our radar have chosen an ACC team. Does give one pause (or should anyway).

If we end up with only those 3, that's 4 guards in 2 years and 0 (count 'em) posts. That's gonna make it difficult down the road. (Granted, we are pretty set for the next couple years. )

Reaction Score

Gee, last year were not moving anywhere, and we lost everyone, including Diamond, except Saniya. Do you think that all those who dropped UConn that year knew psychically that UConn would be moving to the AAC in two years?

There are a lot of reasons one may not want to come to UConn or to play for Geno. I strongly doubt that UConn being in the AAC is even remotely one of them.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Gee, last year were not moving anywhere, and we lost everyone, including Diamond, except Saniya. Do you think that all those who dropped UConn that year knew psychically that UConn would be moving to the AAC in two years?

There are a lot of reasons one may not want to come to UConn or to play for Geno. I strongly doubt that UConn being in the AAC is even remotely one of them.

Absolutely agree. Not like this isn't the first time we've seen recruits pass us by.

H

Huskyfan23

No they didn't want to sit on the bench for 3 years behind the #1, #2, and #5 players in the country in the previous recruiting class. If you don't think that playing in the AAC is "remotely" one of the reasons not to come to UConn then you need to seriously reevaluate your thinking.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
All those recruits are fine. She can only play 5 at a time.

Irrefutable logic!:rolleyes:

That makes me wonder if some of those kids are there for a free Duke education and BB is second.

Are you suggesting that these kids actually value a degree from Duke more than playing basketball?:eek:

Reaction Score
I'm telling all of you that the conference changes have had an adverse effect on Uconn's recruiting. Geno is going to have to roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty. Lot of the talented kids want to play in the ACC. Uconn would have been better off going Independent. The conference that they are is basically a Mid-Major conference where Uconn will win every game by 40 plus.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well to be fair, I believe they committed awhile back before this whole AAC thing came to fruition and UCONN was locked out of the ACC. But 2 highly rated recruits that were on our radar have chosen an ACC team. Does give one pause (or should anyway).

If we end up with only those 3, that's 4 guards in 2 years and 0 (count 'em) posts. That's gonna make it difficult down the road. (Granted, we are pretty set for the next couple years. )

Ekmark was before the conference change. Williams and Edwards were after.

May 30, 2012 - Ekmark commits.
March 8, 2013 - Catholic Seven split from Big East and take name.
March 20, 2013 - Edwards commits.
March 30, 2013 - Williams commits.
April 3, AAC name made public.

I'm sure they were paying attention to all the conference changes in the months leading up to their commitments.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No they didn't want to sit on the bench for 3 years behind the #1, #2, and #5 players in the country in the previous recruiting class. If you don't think that playing in the AAC is "remotely" one of the reasons not to come to UConn then you need to seriously reevaluate your thinking.

Conference affiliation is a minor part of the decision making process. If you think it's a big enough reason to actually steer a recruit away from Uconn, you need to seriously reevaluate your thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom