DT reaches another milestone | The Boneyard

DT reaches another milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The most amazing thing - Dee did it in 316 games. It took Katie 482 to get about the same # of points...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
logged in to see if this had been posted, Pap beat me to it

Dee is amazing.

Reaction Score
DT had this to say (from the article):

"It's pretty cool to pass Katie, who obviously is one of the greatest to touch a basketball in our generation," Taurasi said. "That's pretty special to share that list with her, and obviously Tina is going to be pretty much impossible to catch."

Yeah, right!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DT is such a tremendous player and leader. I had never seen her play as much a I should have until she was teamed with BG. Not only is she a great player, she looks to be the ideal teammate, always encouraging and coaching on the floor and off.

Reaction Score
DT had this to say (from the article):

"It's pretty cool to pass Katie, who obviously is one of the greatest to touch a basketball in our generation," Taurasi said. "That's pretty special to share that list with her, and obviously Tina is going to be pretty much impossible to catch."

Yeah, right!
Impossible to catch only if DT doesn't play 3 more years -ha.

Needs 1617 points
@ 30 games/year (not full 34 and no playoffs)
@ 2014 scoring average of 18.1 PPG (not career avg. of 20.4)
= 543 PPY X 3 = 1629

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My math shows 1,031 points. The article gives Dee 6,457 and Tina 7,488.

15 ppg times 68 regular season games would get her 1,020. If Dee stays healthy, and those numbers are right, Tina's record is toast. Diana is just being modest.

Reaction Score
My math shows 1,031 points. The article gives Dee 6,457 and Tina 7,488.

15 ppg times 68 regular season games would get her 1,020. If Dee stays healthy, and those numbers are right, Tina's record is toast. Diana is just being modest.
Another place I looked has TT with 8074. I wonder if one source counts playoff games and the other doesn't, or something. In any case, "impossible" is hardly the case.

P.S. "Diana just being modest" has a funny ring to it, no?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another place I looked has TT with 8074. I wonder if one source counts playoff games and the other doesn't, or something. In any case, "impossible" is hardly the case.

P.S. "Diana just being modest" has a funny ring to it, no?
Hmm. This calls for more research.

Yes, Dee can be modest when she needs to be. It does seem unusual, though.

Reaction Score
DT is such a tremendous player and leader. I had never seen her play as much a I should have until she was teamed with BG. Not only is she a great player, she looks to be the ideal teammate, always encouraging and coaching on the floor and off.

BG looks like she absolutely loves DT. She seems to look up to her. (Figuratively, of course.)

Anyway, as a Mercury fan..I'm glad to finally be rooting for Brit. Always liked her, she just wasn't on my team in college. ;)

Reaction Score
When selecting the all-time starting 5, DT is the No.1 overall pick.........in my opinion.

She is the definition of a leader, "clutch" is her middle name, she can score from ANYWHERE on the floor in a variety of ways, her passing skills rival Magic Johnson and Pistol Pete, her b-ball IQ/court savvy/vision are second to none, she is one of only a handful of players to ever play that REALLY DOES make everyone around her better, she blocks shots from the guard position and her confidence and swagger, both on and off the court, is off the charts.

I think she will make a great coach and recruiter one day, for the U 0f Conn.

Reaction Score
First time I saw DT play live was in her freshmen season in the WNBA and it was amazing to see how clear it was that she saw few plays ahead of whatever was going on the court. It looked almost like she knew where the different players will move to before they'd did :) and that was true for the players on both teams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG looks like she absolutely loves DT. She seems to look up to her. (Figuratively, of course.)

Anyway, as a Mercury fan..I'm glad to finally be rooting for Brit. Always liked her, she just wasn't on my team in college. ;)

I agree. You can tell that BG looks to DT a lot and seems to soak it all in. I love that combination.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Hmm. This calls for more research.

Yes, Dee can be modest when she needs to be. It does seem unusual, though.

I wouldn't count her dominating attitude to want to win on the court immodest. Diana plays with passion and fire because she is passion and fire when it comes to basketball.
off the court, for the most part diana is gracious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32