Reaction Score
We need to have
Brimah avg 11pts
Calhoun avg 12 pts
Hamilton avg 13 pts
Purvis avg 14pts
Boat right 17 pts

And the rest of the guys 8 points

No reason why we can't improve to 75 points a night IF we really do sustain faster play run the full court press for part of the game and guys stay consistent and smar

Reaction Score
Boatright, Purvis and Calhoun could live up to this but Brimah won't, atleast in my eyes, because he has no low post game. I also dont think hamilton will get 13 b/c he doesn't look for his shot enough and right now only has his spin move in the lane which can be negated. Once he gains a few more moves and confidence, probably which will come next season, i think he could average 15 ppg, 8 rebs and 5 assists

Reaction Score
Hamilton from 10 to 13, Calhoun from 7.7 to 12, Purvis from 9.5 to 14, Brimah from 10.9 to 11, and Boatright from 15.8 to 17? That's asking a lot, and focusing on the wrong problem. That would be about 13 more points/game, which (at our fg percentage of 45%) would mean an additional 10+/- shots/game (factoring in 3s and FTs). That's going to require a combination of better defense, better offensive rebounding, and fewer turnovers. The team is pretty good defensively, I'm not sure they can get measurably better there. The rebounding and turnovers will be the key. 2-3 more offensive rebounds, and 2-3 fewer turnovers per game, and that's 10+/- more shot opportunities. Do those two things and we'll get more shots overall. Then the points will come, and it won't matter who is scoring them.

Edit: I love this place. Someone really thinks Calhoun and Purvis are more likely to start averaging 5 more points per game, than Brimah going from 10.9 to 11. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Okay i get calhoun maybe not getting to it but i think he gets enough shots to do it, purvis has looked really dangerous coming off the bench too. As for Brimah, its obviously possible but you look at games like cincy florida etc where the other team has a long inside presence he hasnt been as good. He had most of his double digit games earlier in the year against smaller teams. I hope no one thinks that im not pulling for him just as much as the next guy, im just stating an opinion.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Improved foul shooting gets you most of the way there....

Reaction Score
Hamilton from 10 to 13, Calhoun from 7.7 to 12, Purvis from 9.5 to 14, Brimah from 10.9 to 11, and Boatright from 15.8 to 17? That's asking a lot, and focusing on the wrong problem. That would be about 13 more points/game, which (at our fg percentage of 45%) would mean an additional 10+/- shots/game (factoring in 3s and FTs). That's going to require a combination of better defense, better offensive rebounding, and fewer turnovers. The team is pretty good defensively, I'm not sure they can get measurably better there. The rebounding and turnovers will be the key. 2-3 more offensive rebounds, and 2-3 fewer turnovers per game, and that's 10+/- more shot opportunities. Do those two things and we'll get more shots overall. Then the points will come, and it won't matter who is scoring them.

Edit: I love this place. Someone really thinks Calhoun and Purvis are more likely to start averaging 5 more points per game, than Brimah going from 10.9 to 11. Amazing.
Getting to 75 is May be as simple as reducing TO's and making FT
Even if we don't quite make 75 we will be a tough opponent for anyone..

Reaction Score
Improved foul shooting gets you most of the way there....
Actually the numbers say we average 12 makes on 17.5 shots per game, a 68% clip. Maybe it'd earn a couple points, but as was said I think offensive rebounding and managing turnovers will get us more shots.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We need to have:
AS MANY VICTORIES AS POSSIBLE
Its the wins that count not the scoring average
What if UConn decides to eliminate 50% of turnovers, clamp down on perimeter D and cutting down the blow by to the hoop drives? that would mean at least 12 less points per game easy and no need for everyone to increase scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom