Don't Jump Ship Yet!!! | The Boneyard

Don't Jump Ship Yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I'll be the first to admit these losses sting, but this team showed the ability to come from behind which they never showed last year. If they can clean up the fundamentals and figure out the right right floor combinations, I believe this team can still be an elite 8, possibly a Final Fouror better if all the pieces come together at the right time. Final Four teams start and end with solid guard play. UCONN has the right guards to get there, but the question remains, will they gel in time to get there? I say yes, but we'll see.. GO HUSKIES!!! I'm proud of the show so far and feel like it will only get better.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's been a disappointing few days, no question. And it will certainly hurt our seeding. But I still like this team and think it has potential of going deep into the tournament.

Reaction Score
I'll be the first to admit these losses sting, but this team showed the ability to come from behind which they never showed last year. If they can clean up the fundamentals and figure out the right right floor combinations, I believe this team can still be an elite 8, possibly a Final Fouror better if all the pieces come together at the right time. Final Four teams start and end with solid guard play. UCONN has the right guards to get there, but the question remains, will they gel in time to get there? I say yes, but we'll see.. GO HUSKIES!!! I'm proud of the show so far and feel like it will only get better.

Can't believe there are not more likes for this optimistic critique. Yes we are elite 8 material and KO will get us there. Its a journey.

ps you know who going 2 for 10, if thats the distribution, will not gt us there. But I trust in KO, and that player, to help us to the finish.

Reaction Score
They had a fifteen minute stretch against Gonzaga that was as brutal to watch from a UConn team as I can remember against an offense that was absolutely scorching and I was as disappointed as anyone. When Gonzaga is splashing threes from the baseline while falling out of bounds it's not your night. And they lost the game by a bucket. Sterling Gibbs is not going 0-6 from three too often. They'll be okay.

Reaction Score
It's november. These two losses by a combined six points to a top ten team and one soon to be ranked will hardly hurt us come March or affect our seed. Sure, the result was disheartening but to give up on this team this early ly in the season is as dumb as saying that we don't have anyone with nba talent! We played as poorly as we could have played and we're still in both games.

Reaction Score
We lost, so what. We weren't going undefeated. Now the Coaching staff has some work to do. Tweak here, tweak there and we will be just fine.

I always said this is a January team, so buckle up more bumps in the road coming. However a team leader must emerge after this trip, or the road will be rougher and longer.

Reaction Score
They had a fifteen minute stretch against Gonzaga that was as brutal to watch from a UConn team as I can remember against an offense that was absolutely scorching and I was as disappointed as anyone. When Gonzaga is splashing threes from the baseline while falling out of bounds it's not your night. And they lost the game by a bucket. Sterling Gibbs is not going 0-6 from three too often. They'll be okay.

You know it's going well for them when Drazingas (sp?) grabs a loose ball behind the corner arc and throws a prayer up with the shot clock dwindling, and it's answered. They played as well as they possibly can until our guys woke the fk up. It will get better.

Reaction Score
The 2004 team lost in November to Georgia Tech by 16 points at MSG. (They had 6 losses heading into post-season)
I'm not comparing this team to them, but rocky starts can end in strong finishes at Uconn, we've seen this time & again.

Reaction Score
Like it was said before, two losses by a combined 6 points in November against two ranked (Syracuse will be ranked come Monday) is just part of the process. Time for the team to come back home, buckle down and get a couple wins against Maryland and Ohio State

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jump ship? Who is that an option for?
I thought my choices were depressed, disgruntled UConn fan or hopeful UConn fan.

Anyway, I always find the latter the more productive way to live.

Reaction Score
Jump ship? Who is that an option for?
I thought my choices were depressed, disgruntled UConn fan or hopeful UConn fan.

Anyway, I always find the latter the more productive way to live.
But makes for a boring Boneyard. 11 posts and no Amidah bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom