Does Florida Have Basketball Fans | The Boneyard

Does Florida Have Basketball Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If so, where the hell are they. Its the day before the Final Four and not a damn peep. I want some talking, dic& swangin and personal insults on here. This silence is bad mojo. Maybe someone can pry SDHusky off the Syracuse board to get something going.

Reaction Score
Do they even know about this board? Not that I care to deal with them at all, but maybe they are just looking for scout, rivals, etc. I am sure they are buzzing over at gator country, but it is probably nothing worth reading.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yeah was wondering myself. I couldn't really find any "active" basketball talk on the Gators.

Reaction Score
I was on a flight from Philly to Dallas yesterday and saw a guy with a Gators hat. I stopped and said "boooooo Florida" jokingly. He looked me up and down like I was crazy, finally realizing my UConn shirt and said "oh that makes sense". I asked if he was going to Dallas for the game and he said "no, I'll just be around".

So no I've seen zero Florida fans in Dallas so far.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Was eating at Dog Lane before the Florida game in December and saw a handful of Florida fans there ... so they're out there somewhere.

Reaction Score
They're already posting on Wisconsin and Kentucky's boards.

They're a little worried. They're about to face one of the two teams they lost to all year. And the other team could be waiting in the wings (just trying to view things in gteen glasses).

caw

Reaction Score
Every Florida fan I have talked to is actually supremely confident bc Wilbekin, Walker, Hill and one other starter either didn't play or played very limited minutes in the last UConn game. Also, Pitino is going to help them out. Hill is going to destroy UConn with his speed. Wilbekin (now finally healthy) will shutdown Napier. Walker will provide the extra depth they need. And the other missing starter (sometimes Frazier, sometimes Yeguette) will either bomb 4-5 threes or dominate the glass. It's a mixed bag of stupid and ignorant. Stupid are those who insist Wilbekin only played a few minutes before he was injured and/or they had another starter missing. Ignorant are those who at least admit they are confused. The closest I have heard UConn will be is within 7-8 points, most feel it will be UF in the 70s and UConn in the mid 50s. Yes, many expect a 15-20 point win that I have seen.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I live in Florida. Trust me, they are all over and obnoxious. If nothing else, I congratulate them on finally becoming a basketball school since my criteria for that is to make a Final Four in the same calendar year your football team doesn't qualify for a bowl game.

They don't think it is as funny as I do.

Reaction Score
If so, where the hell are they. Its the day before the Final Four and not a damn peep. I want some talking, dic& swangin and personal insults on here. This silence is bad mojo. Maybe someone can pry SDHusky off the Syracuse board to get something going.

They’re probably just having difficulty logging into their AOL accounts on their Xboxes.

Reaction Score
I sat next to a Florida couple on the plane to Dallas. They were playing Soduki arguing strategy. I think a conversation about smack talking was not in the cards.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They’re probably just having difficulty logging in on their AOL accounts on their Xboxes.

To be fair, once they get past those hurdles, they need to figure out what an "a d b locker" is and how to turn it off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would assume they are looking past us and onto an all SEC championship. Dont blame them, we have no shot according to all the experts

Reaction Score
When the HEAT and FL won the same year most people didn't know or care at all," isn't that basketball yo'all talkin bout".

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any down here all day. However there is a surprising amount of badger fans

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Living in Jacksonville, been wearing my husky gear all week. Not a single peep from anyone. And believe me I have seen tons of people wearing gator stuff. Either they are looking ahead, worried or are simply waiting on the spring football game.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Living in Jacksonville, been wearing my husky gear all week. Not a single peep from anyone. And believe me I have seen tons of people wearing gator stuff. Either they are looking ahead, worried or are simply waiting on the spring football game.

There are a few of us Jax Huskies around here. Where are you guys watching the game?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
There are a few of us Jax Huskies around here. Where are you guys watching the game?

I watch at home with my 6 yr old. He loves the games plus my wife doesn't like me in public for these games. ;) We should all get together for some games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom