Does Anyone have an update on the new BB training facility | The Boneyard

Does Anyone have an update on the new BB training facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen or heard any news on the status of the new BB facility. Is it open yet? Also have they announced when we can tour it?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's done. I don't know when it's open to the public thought. We've seen pictures of the inside and it looks fantastic. I'm sure they are putting the finishing touches on whatever is left. They need some landscaping on the outside. But otherwise, it's complete...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The UConn men have been playing in the new facility. The women are currently away from campus but will be returning soon as classes begin a week from today. I read that the coaches' offices are not quite ready.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I understand the area where the N.C. trophies go is not ready.....it is being expanded, yet again....:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
I understand the area where the N.C. trophies go is not ready.....it is being expanded, yet again....:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!
Correct. The standard display case that most schools have was purchased and delivered, but before the athletic department could unwrap and install it, they realized it was not nearly big enough, so they had to subcontract out the building of a custom case which apparently is more of a hallway than a case.;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Correct. The standard display case that most schools have was purchased and delivered, but before the athletic department could unwrap and install it, they realized it was not nearly big enough, so they had to subcontract out the building of a custom case which apparently is more of a hallway than a case.;)

Over on the men's board, there are some updates and linked photos.

A poster named UConnJack linked the UConn quarterly construction report that stated that as of 6/30, the facility was 98% complete. This report dealt in detail with construction only and did not include any mention of furnishings (furniture, wall/window deco, phones, equipment, etc.). Apparently, only three significant construction items remained: landscape/hardscape outside, displays (see more below), and the millwork in the cafeteria.

Separately, there are links about the construction and installation of displays (presumably the halls of fame -- go to the renderings on UConn Huskies site). Bids were opened on June 16, came in at roughly $2.5M to $3.9M as I recall, with work to take 4-6 months, presumably after the rest of the place was fully operable.

One link showed Kevin Ollie with Jeremy Lamb in the new men's gym; in the background, players were shooting hoops. This suggests that the men are using it.
To sum up, my best guess is that all construction will end soon, that the teams and coaches will move in completely (desks, chairs, phones, weight room equipment, media center, etc.) soon thereafter, and that in early September it will be in full swing even as displays are being completed and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom