Does anyone at ESPN watch College Basketball? | The Boneyard

Does anyone at ESPN watch College Basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He should be asked to name a player outside of Porter who has been better.
Dude is clueless....V Blue, MC Williams, J Cooley, R Smith have had better years than Shabazz Napier?? Porter yes, nobody else.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
There's probably a reason I've never heard of Jason King until today. He's not very good at what he does. Really wish ESPN would have picked someone who knows what they are taking about (can you say Jay Bilas) to write up the awards piece. Oh well. Just some more bulletin board material for next year if Bazz comes back.

Reaction Score
There's probably a reason I've never heard of Jason King until today. He's not very good at what he does. Really wish ESPN would have picked someone who knows what they are taking about (can you say Jay Bilas) to write up the awards piece. Oh well. Just some more bulletin board material for next year if Bazz comes back.

I think there is a dilemma for these guys. UConn's going nowhere. There are teams that will be participating in the NCAA tourney. If you are going position by position, then you have less room.

But really, are Cooley and Blue better than Shabazz? You have to be on acid to come to that conclusion. Give me Napier over Smith any time of day.

Reaction Score
I emailed him about Shabazz v. Vander Blue, and he pretty promptly replied: "You're probably right. I just felt like there needed to be a Marquette guy on first team. As much as UConn has surpassed expectations, Marquette has overachieved even more. Picking these teams is really tough. Lots of good players. Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to write back anytime."

Reaction Score
Dude is clueless....V Blue, MC Williams, J Cooley, R Smith have had better years than Shabazz Napier?? Porter yes, nobody else.
They put MCW and Smith on in January and forgot there was another 2 months of the season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why would a guy from ESPN not named Bilas hype a kid who won't be playing in the BE tournament which ESPN is broadcasting. Players are hyped to increase ratings to increase $$$. I won't clicky ESPN or watch the BE tournament. The only compensation for the NCAA is teams winning give credits to the BE which is shared by UConn and not by the departing teams. Payback for all the years the hangers on lived off of UConn's success.

Reaction Score
I emailed him about Shabazz v. Vander Blue, and he pretty promptly replied: "You're probably right. I just felt like there needed to be a Marquette guy on first team. As much as UConn has surpassed expectations, Marquette has overachieved even more. Picking these teams is really tough. Lots of good players. Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to write back anytime."

That's a reasonably cool response.

Reaction Score
Blue on his first team is a joke. His stats are comparable to Boatright's. By comparable I mean worse.

Blue: 14 ppg 3 boards 2 assists
Boat: 15 ppg 3 boards 4 assists

Reaction Score
Nice that he replied to you but it's still BS. Sure there are lots of good players but Bazz was the 2nd best player in the conference. If you are making a list on behalf of ESPN and you know the list is wrong....fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom