Does anybody else really like our bracket? | The Boneyard

Does anybody else really like our bracket?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date

Would you sign up for this bracket in advance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

I would sign up for this bracket any day of the week. Obviously we're playing some good teams, but none of them are unreasonable for us to beat.

St. Josephs, Villanova and Iowa State/North Carolina are all vulnerable. With a home court advantage in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, anything is possible. Even if it turns out that we end up playing Virginia, they're team who lost to Maryland a few weeks ago. My point- we're not playing the Louisville's and Florida's of the world.

Let's take this one game at a time, but I'm feeling a magical run right now. I really am...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I would sign up for this bracket any day of the week. Obviously we're playing some good teams, but none of them are unreasonable for us to beat.

St. Josephs, Villanova and Iowa State/North Carolina are all vulnerable. With a home court advantage in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, anything is possible. Even if it turns out that we end up playing Virginia, they're team who lost to Maryland a few weeks ago. My point- we're not playing the Louisville's and Florida's of the world.

Let's take this one game at a time, but I'm feeling a magical run right now. I really am...

Homework Mike. We need a image of our draw in the background with the current matchup spotlighted and a picture of a different husky before every game. Thanks :)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I still think we are a rubbish matchup with Iowa State. Hogue and Niang would pull Amida out of the center and Kane and Ejim would post up on bazz and boat all day long.

D

Deleted member 3149

I still think we are a rubbish matchup with Iowa State. Hogue and Niang would pull Amida out of the center and Kane and Ejim would post up on bazz and boat all day long.

I was thinking the same thing. That's why we really need North Carolina to show up.

pj

Reaction Score

That's what zone defenses are created for.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hate the seed but love the draw. Anything can happen, but we're favored to win our first game, and we should. I think we have the weakest #1 seed and a very beatable #2 seed (can't believe the committee said that Villanova was in hot contention for that fourth #1 seed!). I don't know much about Iowa State, but I like our odds of making the Elite Eight better than I did before I saw the brackets.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That's what zone defenses are created for.

Which they would torch from the outside because its not our base defense and everytime we're in it I cringe.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The way I see it, the Committee -- though truly revealing its corruption by grouping together 3 AAC teams in UConn's bracket in order to cover its tracks if it's wrong -- either got it right or got it wrong.

If it's right, then UConn's slim margin of victory over non-tournament P5 teams suggests it was akin to a mid-level qualifier from the conference it wanted to be in. If wrong, then UConn beats St Joe's and Villanova as though it's truly getting stronger and now deserves the advantages of a 2 seed playing the second weekend at MSG before an arguably local fanbase that can lobby for inclusion in B1G down the road.

The same applies for Louisville, where if the Committee got it right, the OOC losses were the only guidance against an otherwise weak OOC schedule. And if the Committee got it wrong, then Louisville perhaps goes up against a team that also raises some scheduling questions, and does so in relatively nearby Indianapolis.

That Memphis & Cincinnati get no good opportunity to give full flower to the "Committee got it wrong" story is no accident. And throwing in Harvard's 4 loss team is no accident either.

Then again, it's single elimination, so anything can happen without it telling any of the suggested storylines, except that next year's American won't likely get any glow from this year's.

UConn may not win, but I think it's a terrific draw.

Bummer about Duke having to travel to Raleigh, but that's what happens when you lose and tumble to a 3 seed, eh?

Reaction Score
Love our bracket, but we definitely lucked out with our draw, which I don't think anyone is arguing. Can you imagine how this board would feel if we were a 7 in any of the other brackets having to face either Kansas, Wisconsin or Michigan in the 2nd round? Out of all 2 seeds, we matchup best with Villanova.

But, first and foremost, let's just beat the tar out of St. Joe's. We owe them one for Emeka Okafor.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Matchups-wise, the only two teams in our bracket that scare me are Iowa State and MSU. I could absolutely see MSU making it to the final game of the bracket, where Payne would eat us alive. Gotta hope UNC shows up and beats Iowa State.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn got the path to the Sweet 16 that would make a 5 seed jealous...but as a 7 seed. I thought they were no worse than a 6 seed, given RPI and Ranking prior to the AAC Tourney, then beating two higher ranked teams to get to the Championship game.

It is what it is and all that is left is to win these games. As a 7 seed in the Sweet 16 (provided those aforementioned wins), UConn will most play Iowa State, PC, or UNC. Not knowing much about any of these teams (though I think Providence over achieved), I will withhold my enthusiasm to advance to next weekend to myself at this point, but I see getting to play next Friday as doable, certainly.

Reaction Score
I love the bracket and see you with big opportunity. Just get by St. Joe's first, then I have you dispensing with Nova. After that it's house money and you guys know how to play with that. Only 5 teams have an All American playing for them. This could be Bazz's hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom