Does 2016=2012? | The Boneyard

Does 2016=2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“Man up, “ my wife barked at me during Senior Day. “You're too old to tear up.”

That was looking back over the careers of the class of 2012 with still a ways to go to accomplish this year's monumental task. If those three manage to win 4 in a row, they will stand alone among all the great UConn teams of the past.

Some of us have sneaked a peak at next year, and most are predicting a drop-off. How could the team not suffer the losses of Bre, Mo, and Morgan? They will. But as I think about next year's team, it does remind me a lot of 2012—believe it or not.

First, the Huskies will have two number one rated players to replace 2012's number one and two (Lou and Crystal for Stewart and Jefferson). Next, a big, solid, talented young woman (Kyla Irwin) who physically resembles Tuck is coming in as well. Though not as highly regarded as Morgan, Irwin may be the surprise of next year's freshmen class. With Kia at the 2 and Gabby at forward, the 2016 model, while lacking experience, may be able to continue UConn's winning ways. In fact, I think they will.

Oh, and we have Geno and CD, and they don't.

Reaction Score
Everyone is lining up to get some payback. Better get it early in the year. These guys are going to be a gritty bunch by the end of the season. They may not be a presumptive favorite, but I promise no one will want to see them in their bracket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Drop-off? Yes.

But as Geno said, "By the start of the season, we'll figure things out."

As I told Eric, I expect a MOV of 25+. If Morgan comes back, I think we're #1. If she doesn't, we may be #1 later in the year. Yes, we lose a lot, even if it's only Stewie and Mo. But don't sell the other guys short. Lou has NPOY potential. Pheesa is a ball magnet. Kia is solid. Gabby is ... Gabbulous. Natalie is big, skilled, and improving. And we have a secret weapon coming, of all places, from Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Yes, Kyla Irwin with her 6'2" height definitely will be a plus for UConn next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom