Do not blame Kevin Ollie! | The Boneyard

Do not blame Kevin Ollie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes i know we are all frustrated by how this team has played the last 5 games, and ive been seeing posts pop up putting some of the blame on Kevin Ollie, but its not his fault. This team is clearly missing something and its another body in the frontcourt. I will point out again that Roscoe Smith who is leading the NCAA in rebounding would have been a Senior this year. As much as we try to ignore it, thats some of the APR fallout. Olander is simply not a good player and Brimah, Facey, and Nolan are still raw. Hopefully they can improve over the next 17 games.

Reaction Score
So sick of seeing Roscoe Smith's name brought up on this board, he hasn't been on the team in two years. Emeka Okafor would help us out a lot too, the fact remains that our bigs are regressing instead of improving.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is responsible for developing this "raw" talent up. Seen no improvement in Nolan or anybody else throughout this season so far. Daniels and Calhoun have gotten worst from last year, who do you want us to blame?

Reaction Score
Who made the final decision for Enosch Wolf to get the boot?

I was never a Wolf fanatic but I think it's clear he would have been a better option than anyone we currently have.

Reaction Score
Im still a big fan of Ollie - but I would really like to see some people screen without the ball in the half-court. We have become way too predictable in our half court sets. Ball Screen - Ball Screen - Ball- Screen

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Yes i know we are all frustrated by how this team has played the last 5 games, and ive been seeing posts pop up putting some of the blame on Kevin Ollie, but its not his fault. This team is clearly missing something and its another body in the frontcourt. I will point out again that Roscoe Smith who is leading the NCAA in rebounding would have been a Senior this year. As much as we try to ignore it, thats some of the APR fallout. Olander is simply not a good player and Brimah, Facey, and Nolan are still raw. Hopefully they can improve over the next 17 games.

Jim Calhoun/Vince Lombardi/Bobby knight/Bear Bryant/Earl Blake/ Bill Belechic/US Marines/George Patton/ Navy Seals/ Army Rangers etc etc etc. In common? None played Kumbayah.

Reaction Score
Many on this board get too up after a win but want make their own lineup (as if they actually had a clue), slam the coach, players or maybe even Ward Manuel. We have a weak frontcourt but we knew that going in. Daniels is really more of a SF and when Calhoun starts that either leaves Nolan who barely has the size/bulk to play PF never mind center. Brimah is raw and Facey is nowhere near ready.
We are guard oriented and if teams can control our outside shooting we have problems. We are what we are.
We are still a pretty good team that just needs to get a little better to make a run. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Reaction Score
KO has to get some blame. For whatever reason, we are playing lethargic and coming out with zero energy. His job is to have the guys ready to play and to put them in the situation to execute. Our half court offense today was an utter joke. It's what happens in pickup games when you just call for screens and go one on one. We literally did a high screen/roll for 40 straight minutes against a hall of fame coach with an NCAA and NBA title. Do you think he might adjust? Did KO ever adjust?

Defensively we have gotten very lazy. Not KOs fault, but it IS his fault when he allows it to continue. I'm not advocating for JCs immediate hook, but we see the same mistakes every game and there is never any consequence for poor shot selection, lazy d, or a lack of blocking out. That's on KO for not adjusting/correcting.

Reaction Score
Agree with boog. I see an uninspired team with a bunch of sad faces and an identity crisis. We have good height and some size but no rebounding to speak of. Certainly believe in KO but this is a coaches problem. He gets paid a lot of $ to figure this out and I'm sure he will.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun/Vince Lombardi/Bobby knight/Bear Bryant/Earl Blake/ Bill Belechic/US Marines/George Patton/ Navy Seals/ Army Rangers etc etc etc. In common? None played Kumbayah.

John Wooden, Dean Smith: proof you don't have to be a jerk to be a coach. They are playing a sport, not fighting a war.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Roscoe Smith ain't walking through that door. Which is why I want his head on a pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom