Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Love it or hate it, Kevin McGuff & OSU's schedule has people talking | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Love it or hate it, Kevin McGuff & OSU's schedule has people talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
eight games, half against teams ranked one, two, three and twelve. Either you love such an ambitious schedule or you hate it. If you love it, you say it is the best way to get better, that you are exposing your strengths and weaknesses against top competition; you see what you need to do to improve. If you hate it, you point out you have two losses in two games to start the season and your young team has not had time to work together.

Great recruiting tool IMO, playing the best teams in the country. Those are the games the stars want.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...schedule-has-people-talking-about-ohio-state/

HGN

Reaction Score
Actually , I like McGuff's approach. He will eventually start to beat a lot of those ranked teams and start to grow his program even more. By playing the ND's , UConn's , USC's , Stanfords , he is getting a lot of national exposure for OSU. That may go a long way in recruiting nationally.

The trick is to start beating many of those nationally ranked teams before fans start yelling for his head on a platter.

Reaction Score
The are The Ohio State; A pretty high athletic profile regardless of the success of the individual sport. Their women's team played in one of the more memorable national championship games in 1993.

Reaction Score
The only Ohio State game I have watched is the game against UConn this week so it may be an anomaly, but unless I am a recruit who likes individual play, street ball style, I can't imagine why I would want to play for McGuff. I don't think UConn is 44 points better than the #7 team in WCBB, but it was 44 pts better than a totally out of control OSU team who jack up a lot of crazy low percentage shots.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You compare OSU's schedule and Baylor's schedule; it'll be interesting who is the better team by year end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom