Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Dawn Staley readies South Carolina for a championship run | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Dawn Staley readies South Carolina for a championship run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time to kick off the NCAA season!

Emotional yet stoic, stern yet praising, focused but never losing sight of the big picture: Staley is a coach that fits all of those descriptions and then some. She is a coach that will take selfies of herself and her players at any time, anywhere. However, those places they go to include not just gyms and arenas around the country, but also places like Emmanuel AME Church, where she took her team this past weekend.

As she wrote in a piece on the Players’ Tribune in June, “This isn’t just about the four years they spend with me. This is bigger than being their coach. This is about their whole lives.”

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...eadies-south-carolina-for-a-championship-run/

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
South Carolina should be good for many years. Dawn is doing an excellent job.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
what are the ticket prices?

I think individual games are $8. Season tickets vary. I think mine were $60 in addition to being a Gamecock Club member. Of course, we probably have to pay much more for football tickets that you do.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think individual games are $8. Season tickets vary. I think mine were $60 in addition to being a Gamecock Club member. Of course, we probably have to pay much more for football tickets that you do.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SC permanently passes Tennessee as the cream of the SEC crop...

Reaction Score
I'm so glad South Carolina is doing well. It's exciting to have a top tier team to compete against in the SEC, the fan support is outstanding as well. We should be #1 and #2 in the country for attendance this year. Good years ahead for SEC basketball!

Reaction Score
Some interesting comments from Staley about the transfer situation. I had no idea that Gray had verbally committed to SC before changing her mind and going to UNC.

Also it was interesting that Connecticut Sun's own Kelsey Bone steered Kaela Davis to SC, even though she herself had transferred from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom