Dinner at Bruce Pearl's | The Boneyard

Dinner at Bruce Pearl's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Goodman did a story asking coaches who they would have dinner with if they could pick 4 people...Bruce Pearl picked Shabazz

Would be a very interesting dinner with these four

Bruce Pearl

ncb_u_brucepearl_ms_65x90.jpg

PearlLocation: That’s easy. A barbecue at my house.

Mark Emmert: Because of the changing landscape, I’d want to tell him how much good there is going on in college campuses in terms of educating student-athletes and how they aren’t treated differently anymore. He’d be proud of the fact that they go to class and are held accountable. I’d also like to ask him what he thinks the future of the NCAA holds and also apologize for my mistakes and let him know how devastating it was for my family, my coaches and my program to go through what we did.

Rick Pitino: He’s the best I’ve ever gone against. He knew what I wanted to do, why I wanted to do it and how to attack it. It was like he was in our huddle.

Shabazz Napier: I’d like to tell him how proud I am of him and ask him how he developed his swag. He really matured and represented his school and the sport well.

John Wildhack: He’s the one at ESPN who took a chance by hiring me. He’s also the one who told me to get back into coaching and get a return investment for ESPN by making the SEC better. He gave me a great opportunity and then put me to work.

Reaction Score
Guys in their mid-50's should probably avoid using the word swag.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1025735 said:
Goodman did a story asking coaches who they would have dinner with if they could pick 4 people...Bruce Pearl picked Shabazz

Bruce Pearl

Mark Emmert: Because of the changing landscape, I’d want to tell him how much good there is going on in college campuses in terms of educating student-athletes and how they aren’t treated differently anymore. He’d be proud of the fact that they go to class and are held accountable. I’d also like to ask him what he thinks the future of the NCAA holds and also apologize for my mistakes and let him know how devastating it was for my family, my coaches and my program to go through what we did.

Rick Pitino: He’s the best I’ve ever gone against. He knew what I wanted to do, why I wanted to do it and how to attack it. It was like he was in our huddle.

Shabazz Napier: I’d like to tell him how proud I am of him and ask him how he developed his swag. He really matured and represented his school and the sport well.

John Wildhack: He’s the one at ESPN who took a chance by hiring me. He’s also the one who told me to get back into coaching and get a return investment for ESPN by making the SEC better. He gave me a great opportunity and then put me to work.

Best part about that answer was the barbecue at his house bit. Say what you want about his methods, but he'd probably be fun to have a beer with.

Reaction Score
Best part about that answer was the barbecue at his house bit. Say what you want about his methods, but he'd probably be fun to have a beer with.

Agree………

So it would be those 4 guys and 10 recruits for the BBQ and hot tub……….not sure Bazz will make it. If he has waitresses I know Slick Rick will be there…...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bruce Pearl

Man, great self-awareness/humor.

Reaction Score
Funny, I spent time with Pitino last night in Saratoga Springs NY. Saw him at Siro's went up introduced myself as a UConn Season Ticket holder & we chatted.
Nicest guy in the world, had amazing things to say about Ollie & our program.

Still want to kick his butt on the court every single night though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom