Diggins, McBride and Dolson Cut | The Boneyard

Diggins, McBride and Dolson Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd thought Diggins might get the edge over Sims, but McBride no surprise. Not too surprised by Dolson either.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'd thought Diggins might get the edge over Sims, but McBride no surprise. Not too surprised by Dolson either.

Will the next to go be a forward? Dupree, Nneka, Stewart? Or another guard? Seems like Sims is the guard that will be groomed for the future.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wow, now the Leprechauns are REALLY going to hate Geno. :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I just saw the article stating that BG is expected to join the team on Sept 24. Woohoo!!! I hope to see BG and Sims play in the WCs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wow, now the Leprechauns are REALLY going to hate Geno. :rolleyes:

I feel a little guilty that I am so happy to see Sims beat out Diggins. I am happy that she made it but she has played second fiddle to Diggins for some time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I feel a little guilty that I am so happy to see Sims beat out Diggins. I am happy that she made it but she has played second fiddle to Diggins for some time.
This is just my humble opinion, but I really think Sims showed she's a better team player. Diggins is a shoot first guard. They don't need any 2G's as they have Dee, Siemone, and even probably Angel can fill that roll. Additionally, both Bird and Whalen can score if/when needed.

For the true PG's, they have Bird and Whalen. Bird is getting older. They need the next generation of PG's, not the next generation of SG's.

I've just never cared for Diggins. She's talented for sure, but the prima donna attitude rubs me the wrong way. She seems to be more about "me" than about "team". I'm sure she knows it takes a team to win, but she plays a brand of more selfish basketball that I don't care for...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to believe that Lavender will be the last one cut. especially considering that she didn't get to play today. DT and Dupree have a special connection on the pick-and-roll and I can see that being of value, especially when BG is on the floor with them. That Mercury connection will probably work in Dupree's favor.

So, the final roster should look like I predicted in another thread:
  • Bird
  • Whalen
  • Sims
  • DT
  • Maya
  • Angel
  • Augustus
  • Dupree
  • Nneka
  • Stewart
  • Charles
  • Griner

Reaction Score
I have to believe that Lavender will be the last one cut. especially considering that she didn't get to play today. DT and Dupree have a special connection on the pick-and-roll and I can see that being of value, especially when BG is on the floor with them. That Mercury connection will probably work in Dupree's favor.

So, the final roster should look like I predicted in another thread:
  • Bird
  • Whalen
  • Sims
  • DT
  • Maya
  • Angel
  • Augustus
  • Dupree
  • Nneka
  • Stewart
  • Charles
  • Griner

Wow, that's amazing! You really went out on a limb with that prediction.

Reaction Score
Knew Stef would be cut , really didn't show much. Needs a lot of improvement to compete at this level. Needs another transformation. Hopefully playing overseas will help. I'm rooting for her.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I knew it would be Sims or Diggins. Both are likely national team members in the future.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Agree on Sims, plus she obviously has a connection with BG! Got to say I feel a bit sorry for Lavender if she's cut - she has done a great job but if BG is there plus Charles, then seems like either Lavender or Dupree, both of whom are very solid players. Unclear from what I read where the defensive breakdowns were today - maybe that will be a factor going forward too, though sounds like there are 11 players who are locks.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can hardly wait to see how Geno uses BG. Will he be happy with her getting 8 to 10 shots a game like has been the case so far in the WNBA or will he go to her until the opponents prove that they can stop her?

sTu

Reaction Score
He will run the "UConn" motion offense and she will too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I can hardly wait to see how Geno uses BG. Will he be happy with her getting 8 to 10 shots a game like has been the case so far in the WNBA or will he go to her until the opponents prove that they can stop her?
National Champions and you're still complaining about her number of shots. Even after Phx won the last game without her.

11 other "all-americans" on the National team but BG should get ALL THE SHOTS... glad Geno is the coach!

Reaction Score
Don't feel guilty. I feel same way - unapologetically and totally guilt-free - and not because I'm a Sims fan. Speaking only for myself, I think UCONN fans should reserve the right to dislike ND players unconditionally, including for as long as we want to after they leave ND. Especially self-absorbed divas. As a future UCONN fan in training, and even though your happiness is more "for" Sims and nothing "against" Diggins, IMO you should be entitled to this same privilege. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom