Digger picks UCONN in his Final 4 | The Boneyard

Digger picks UCONN in his Final 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet with all of the ESPN pundits predictions and digger is the only one giving us any love.

U

UCONNfan1

Making the final 4 is the only way they can show us some love? I'm not sure this team is a top 10 team. They may be by the end of the year, but I certainly agree with people who have them in the 15-18 range at this point. Yes we have an awesome back court, but way too many question marks in the front court to "give us the love" before the season even starts.

I do like our potential - I think Nolan and Brimah will be competent, and perhaps even close to terrific by the end of the season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This season will be a great test of how Ollie can put together disparate pieces to hide our weaknesses and emphasize our strength. I think he's going to our speed as our first weapon and a pesky defense as our second. I expect to run guys our of the gym. It should be fun to watch and the potential to take these guys pretty far. I couldn't be more excited about the season.

pj

Reaction Score
Making the final 4 is the only way they can show us some love? I'm not sure this team is a top 10 team. They may be by the end of the year, but I certainly agree with people who have them in the 15-18 range at this point. Yes we have an awesome back court, but way too many question marks in the front court to "give us the love" before the season even starts.

I do like our potential - I think Nolan and Brimah will be competent, and perhaps even close to terrific by the end of the season.

We'll be in the top 10 by New Year's Day. Top 5 by the tourney.

Reaction Score

For me, The only question in the front court is the 5. Imho, that is not too many. The 3/4 positions are well covered. What we do know is that we have depth at the 5. We do not need points, we need solid interior defense and rebounding. How much we improve in those 2 areas are the key questions and Amida can can provide significant help if he can stay out of foul trouble. We now have 15-20 fouls to give at the 5.

I love our flexibility to go big or small. I expect this group to achieve great success and for me that equates to top 2 or winning the AAC and elite 8 or better. If this happens, KO's stock goes through the roof and recruiting will explode.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We're doomed! He's a freakin' moron when it comes to this sort of stuff.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Digger -- even though I don't respect his opinions all that much -- because he picked us to beat Duke in '99 and then danced all over Dickie V's sad face on the post-game show.

Reaction Score
Zach Braziller of the NY Post also picked UConn as one of his preseason Final 4 pick

U

UCONNfan1

We'll be in the top 10 by New Year's Day. Top 5 by the tourney.
Like your optimism. I agree this team can get there. I'm a bit more skeptical. Not saying we can't, but to peg is as a top 5 team right now seems premature...

And to Stinger, yes I agree that DD is a terrific starter and our 4, but when he's out, who subs for him? Giffey? Facey? Olander? That's what I meant by question marks in the front court. But I've not seen them play this year yet so others who have may be more sure about our other front court players aside from DD...

Reaction Score

U greatly underestimate chemistry and the show the world who we r mentality...theres only a few good front courts who might challenge but everything is falling right for us barring injuries this is our 4th title..there might b 1 or 2 close games in tourney aka arizona and kentucky in 2011 but if we pull those out then shabazz and a couple others will be wearing a ring on both hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom