Didn't Ben Gordon do the same thing? | The Boneyard

Didn't Ben Gordon do the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got in a fight with his girl friend, slapped her and broke the skin. Got arrested by campus police.

What penalty did he get? Anyone remember this incident?

Reaction Score
Got in a fight with his girl friend, slapped her and broke the skin. Got arrested by campus police.

I actually used to work in a domestic violence courtroom, but I can't say I was paying enough attention (I wasn't!!) to know what happens when you slap someone in retaliation. Legally, if you're slapped first, isn't that a mitigating factor? That may have worked to Gordon's benefit.

Reaction Score
From the article.

Athletic director Lew Perkins and coach Jim Calhoun made the decision to allow Gordon to play.
``Ben is on the trip and will play [today] and will continue to play as the legal system runs its course,'' team spokesman Kyle Muncy said.

Reaction Score
From the article.

Athletic director Lew Perkins and coach Jim Calhoun made the decision to allow Gordon to play.
``Ben is on the trip and will play [today] and will continue to play as the legal system runs its course,'' team spokesman Kyle Muncy said.

Coaches make decisions based on the information available. It's not a knee-jerk response. No matter what the media says, the coaches weigh the info they have and then they make a decision.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Absolutely not; Ben Gordon was a future NBA player.

Can this be applied as a blanket statement? Is that on Calhoun? If this is Shabazz instead of Wolf, does Ollie and the administration let him play? Just trying to figure out what you're getting at here.

Reaction Score
Things are very differ, new guard at uconn. Calhoun's way will not cut it anymore

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Don't think BG slammed her down by the hair.

Reaction Score

Technically speaking, he struck a woman, which is totally inappropriate. However, the incidents are different since she struck Ben first. We don't know the full Wolf story, yet. And I'm mot sure the difference in legal terms.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Neither did Wolf. According to the police report he hit her hair and knocked off her glasses.

Interesting. Haven't been updated I still thought he hair-slammed this chick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom