Did I read it correctly? | The Boneyard

Did I read it correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry, I was reading an article.... and to be honest I do not recall where... but I thought I read that Gabby Williams was going to be sitting out next season. Is that true? Did she have an injury? Or was it that she sat out last year? Just curious.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Are you sure you weren't reading an old article where her father had wanted her to sit out last year's high school season for more time to strengthen herself and recover from her first injury?

Reaction Score
Are you sure you weren't reading an old article where her father had wanted her to sit out last year's high school season for more time to strengthen herself and recover from her first injury?
You could be right. Phew. I just remember seeing the article, starting to read it, having to run, and then not recalling when or where... I am not trying to start any panic, was just curious and knew there would be people on here who were extremely knowledgeable.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think she SHOULD sit out the season, for her own long-term fitness. UConn has enough depth at guard / wing that it shouldn't hurt UConn either.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think she SHOULD sit out the season, for her own long-term fitness. UConn has enough depth at guard / wing that it should hurt UConn either.
It really is a medical decision and one I am pretty confident Uconn's doctors and training staff will do a good job of accessing. Rushing a recovery is bad, but once the recovery is complete, there really is nothing you can do but hope. An extra year doesn't add anything to the equation. That said, if she is not ready, it would not be a disaster for Uconn is she had a red-shirt year, but if she is ready, I am looking forward to seeing her next year.

Reaction Score
It really is a medical decision and one I am pretty confident Uconn's doctors and training staff will do a good job of accessing. Rushing a recovery is bad, but once the recovery is complete, there really is nothing you can do but hope. An extra year doesn't add anything to the equation. That said, if she is not ready, it would not be a disaster for Uconn is she had a red-shirt year, but if she is ready, I am looking forward to seeing her next year.
What was her injury again? ACL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger