Did I miss the NCAA ruling on UNC? | The Boneyard

Did I miss the NCAA ruling on UNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
seems to me that the NCAA came down hard and quickly on Syracuse, and SMU. Now Louisville is in their crosshairs. Yet, no word on UNC who is guilty of long term, institutional misconduct.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't worry, the NCAA would never let you down
...won't run around and dessert you...

@raf46 Yes you did miss it, so did the rest of us, due to UNC's innovative strategy of uncovering more misdeeds and thus delaying any penalty. As long as they have at least one violation a year from here on out they should be able to forestall a penalty indefinitely.

Reaction Score
and they didn't come down quickly on syracuse, it was like a 6 year investigation, i think unc is probably hoping to double that since their violations were twice as long as syracuses

Reaction Score
I used to like UNC. Now I hope we get the opportunity to beat the living out of them in the tournament.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Good ole Roy's response during this whole thing has been absolutely disgusting. I hope the book is thrown at them!

Reaction Score
Penalty is time served and N.C. State gets a post season ban for uncovering it all

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
seems to me that the NCAA came down hard and quickly on Syracuse, and SMU. Now Louisville is in their crosshairs. Yet, no word on UNC who is guilty of long term, institutional misconduct.
You didn't miss anything.

It turns out that, according to the NCAA's bylaws, if more violations are discovered while a school is awaiting a decision on prior offenses, said decision is delayed by a minimum of six more months. UNC conveniently "discovered" minor violations with some kind of patsy in its athletic department that will allow the football and basketball teams to proceed as normal this year without having to worry about pesky things like sanctions or postseason bans.

This establishes an interesting precedent: can rulings be delayed indefinitely? Just keep cheating, and the NCAA will be forced to keep investigating forever, without ever having to render punishment! Right?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I used to like UNC. Now I hope we get the opportunity to beat the living out of them in the tournament.
How??? How can you not still have burning hatred from the 98 tournament still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom