Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 66 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Once Stone inevitably commits elsewhere, are we gonna continue pretending this staff's recruiting is fine?

Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.
What is your suggestion?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Um, care to elaborate???

No mystery - he'll likely choose between Maryland and Wisconsin.

I would be shocked if he chose UConn and doubly so if he chose Okie State.

Reaction Score
Ok, there is an obvious reason why he would pick the home team over UConn. Can anyone that thinks our recruiting is just fine explain why he would pick Maryland over us?

Reaction Score
The good news is if he's worried about immediate playing time, he knows he can walk in to UConn and be the man.

Reaction Score
Ok, there is an obvious reason why he would pick the home team over UConn. Can anyone that thinks our recruiting is just fine explain why he would pick Maryland over us?

He's with Under Armour AAU.

I don't know if it means anything, but when Blakeney decommitted from his preferred school (Louisville/Adidas) there were many people in the know who said it was dictated by Nike.

Reaction Score
My mother who was 4'10" was an excellent predictor of future height of a teen just by looking at them. When your that small it becomes an obsession.
She told me when I was 5'2 at 15 that I would be at least 6'0 ,she was right on the money.
If she saw Enoch she would say that boy is still growing.
I suspect he will be the 5 successor to Brimah.
Stone would be great but not a must, unless Brimah leaves this year.
I would much rather have another combo/guard ,with a great handle,and a small forward. to replace DHam. Next year would be great
Give me another real deal PG who can score some and make FTs. I hope we don't even try to recruit a "combo" guard because they rarely have enough handling skills to play PG for any length of time.

Reaction Score
Give me another real deal PG who can score some and make FTs. I hope we don't even try to recruit a "combo" guard because they rarely have enough handling skills to play PG for any length of time.
By combo I mean PG who can shoot not one dimensional.
Someone who could play point when Adams plays the two or plays two while TSam plays the point.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Odds on another Ollie visit to see Stone between today and Thursday?

FWIW, I didn't see this posted; recent comments from his father about the status and what they're looking for:

I caught up briefly with his father, Bob Stone, who said there remains no timetable or specific commitment plan for the 6-foot-10 star at Milwaukee's Dominican High, who is considering Maryland, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State, all of which he visited officially this fall.

"Nothing has changed. [We're] watching our schools on TV as much as possible, trying to get a better feel, looking at coaching temperament, style of play" and other things, Bob Stone said.

He added that one thing has stood out about Turgeon: "The patience he shows with some of his younger players," Stone said.

What have the Stones, who took an official visit to Maryland in October, taken away from Maryland's big first half?
"It shut up a lot of people who questioned why they were on our list," Bob Stone said.

And that's it from Bob Stone for now. The family is focused on navigating through the rest of the process as quietly as possible.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...chip-center-diamond-stone-20150110-story.html

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Been quiet - we all now agree he isnt coming here?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not done-done, but one way or another, he's almost certainly heading to the Big Ten.
So you are saying we get Stone and we're going to the Big 10...

high-five.jpg

Reaction Score
What a kick in the nuts that would be for Wisconsin. Losing him to Ollie and UConn is one thing. But Maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom