Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 64 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 crystalball picks for Wisconsin today. One of which was by Jerry Meyer.

No one should get worried by this. I guess at most it can be seen as "the word on the street" at this moment. We have a very good chance here.

Reaction Score

No one should get worried by this. I guess at most it can be seen as "the word on the street" at this moment. We have a very good chance here.

Jerry is a big deal in the 247 world! it is like drummond leaving the state of ct to play college ball. amore said this in a article a few weeks ago

Reaction Score

And what would make you believe we have a very good chance here Tony?

Reaction Score
It seems like when he kept postponing the announcement it was bad news for us. My uninformed opinion is that there was a time in which we led, but I get the sense that everything that has happened in the last couple months has gone against us. It doesn't help that Wisconsin is in the midst of possibly one of the best years in school history while we're trying to replace four starters.

Reaction Score
It seems like when he kept postponing the announcement it was bad news for us. My uninformed opinion is that there was a time in which we led, but I get the sense that everything that has happened in the last couple months has gone against us. It doesn't help that Wisconsin is in the midst of possibly one of the best years in school history while we're trying to replace four starters.
from what i've seen of AB, i'm not really begging for him anymore. AB will most likely be here next season, and if this startling trajectory of his continues, he will most likely be dominant. and facey will continue to grow as the 4. Senior nolan and frosh enoch as back up bigs. all set

Reaction Score
For a long time I thought we were getting Stone but the longer this has dragged on I now think it's Wisconsin. This recruiting class is a disappointment to me, Adams is a big time stud and the most important recruit we could get but just a two man class with Enoch a project who has good potential is rather disappointing coming off a Championship. I expected a top class and it just hasn't happened. Luckily we will be more than fine next year but if there is a repeat of this kind of class in 2016 we are screwed. Ollie has to add a big time recruiter with big time connections.

Reaction Score
from what i've seen of AB, i'm not really begging for him anymore. AB will most likely be here next season, and if this startling trajectory of his continues, he will most likely be dominant. and facey will continue to grow as the 4. Senior nolan and frosh enoch as back up bigs. all set

I've been saying this for a while now, but at the same time, it'd still be really nice to get Stone.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this for a while now, but at the same time, it'd still be really nice to get Stone.

We need to be greedy. This isn't about AB it's about them playing together. Now that's something we'd all love to see - on occasion with Facey so you can go huge or with 3 guards.

It always works out for the best so let's wait and see. Just not as optimistic as of late.

Reaction Score
And what would make you believe we have a very good chance here Tony?

I have no inside knowledge. Just going off the fact that being in the final 2 gives us good odds. I also trust that KO does the best he can, and all we can do is trust the staff. Also, the crystal ball is based on the current info they're hearing. Things may change by the time he makes his decision.

I didn't want to mention it before but I'll tell you that I wont be devastated if he goes else where for the reasons 99 mentioned. Sure i'd love for him to come to UConn, but I cant get upset with the guy for staying home. But at the same time I know UConn is a compelling school for him. I know we have a chance and I'm good with that at this point.

Reaction Score
I have no inside knowledge. Just going off the fact that being in the final 2 gives us good odds. I also trust that KO does the best he can, and all we can do is trust the staff. Also, the crystal ball is based on the current info they're hearing. Things may change by the time he makes his decision.

I didn't want to mention it before but I'll tell you that I wont be devastated if he goes else where for the reasons 99 mentioned. Sure i'd love for him to come to UConn, but I cant get upset with the guy for staying home. But at the same time I know UConn is a compelling school for him. I know we have a chance and I'm good with that at this point.

Zionn above has an idea on occasion and my gut feeling is even if he doesn't stay home he's heading to Durham and not Storrs. And I don't mean the Time Out Tavern in Durham CT I mean a Blue Devil. I guess we'll see eventually.

Reaction Score
My Brother in law is a BIG duke fan, don't know if he has any inside knowledge but he did not seem to think there was any chance of Diamond Stone going to Duke. Guessing he just reads the Duke boards....

Reaction Score
enoch is not a project he is outchea getting double doubles vs TOP PREP COMP. he will come in and contribute more than a frosh lubin. ( WHO I FORGOT TO MENTION ha, still like him). enoch is a guy who can be a future pro

Reaction Score
Oh Zionn that smarts my friend. There isn't any "next" left. Not a really rose picture as we speak then.

Mau, took the words right out of my mouth! There is no next. It's Jan. We can't keep working on leftovers. No disrespect to the leftovers we got. :)

Reaction Score
A bunch more Crystal Ball picks for Wisconsin lately. Then again, in the fall we got a bunch and then no commitment. It ain't over til it's over but right now Wisconsin certainly seems to be leading the way.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My sources (cant reveal or I will never get inside info again, sorry, take this for what it is worth) claim Stone has committed to the Mens room on a daily basis, somedays more than once...

the thread that will never die and some very useless info - and I added to it...

Reaction Score
The kid retweets Wisconsin fans pretty much everyday. I even saw him retweet a fan telling him to go to Maryland. Never have I heard him talk about UConn. I know this probably means absolutely nothing but it still irks me whenever I see those.

Reaction Score
The kid retweets Wisconsin fans pretty much everyday. I even saw him retweet a fan telling him to go to Maryland. Never have I heard him talk about UConn. I know this probably means absolutely nothing but it still irks me whenever I see those.
If you're getting irked over things a teenager is retweeting, it might be time to reevaluate what's important in life.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
1. He has retweeted plenty of UConn stuff in the past, including in recent weeks.
2. I'm guessing that he gets a lot fewer UConn-related tweets than he does from Wisconsin and Maryland.
3. People really hate it when you mention his tweets here.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'd say the future success of UConn basketball is fairly important to me.

How important - rate the important things in your life - I want to see where this falls...

jeezus...

You want the BB to get out of this crap conference Football better be more important to you for now...

Reaction Score
1. He has retweeted plenty of UConn stuff in the past, including in recent weeks.
2. I'm guessing that he gets a lot fewer UConn-related tweets than he does from Wisconsin and Maryland.
3. People really hate it when you mention his tweets here.

#3 - I can tell

Reaction Score
enoch is not a project he is outchea getting double doubles vs TOP PREP COMP. he will come in and contribute more than a frosh lubin. ( WHO I FORGOT TO MENTION ha, still like him). enoch is a guy who can be a future pro
My mother who was 4'10" was an excellent predictor of future height of a teen just by looking at them. When your that small it becomes an obsession.
She told me when I was 5'2 at 15 that I would be at least 6'0 ,she was right on the money.
If she saw Enoch she would say that boy is still growing.
I suspect he will be the 5 successor to Brimah.
Stone would be great but not a must, unless Brimah leaves this year.
I would much rather have another combo/guard ,with a great handle,and a small forward. to replace DHam. Next year would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom