Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish that is the case!

I think he isn't physically fit, he can't jump at all really, and doesn't really look engaged. Don't get me wrong - he's a great high school player, but I think he maxed out his potential. The only thing he has working for him is his huge frame and his decent post moves. He overpowers people on the high school level and that's not going to work at the college level.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him being "the one" or the "next great big guy" at UConn. I think he would fit into Wisconsin's style of player better than ours. For some reason, every time I watch him play or see highlights, he reminds me of a less athletic Curtis Kelly.

I think his skillset makes it very unlikely that he's a bust in college. He's got a big frame, is very strong, and has very advanced footwork for a big guy. He's also gotten in much better shape recently, which was on display at the U17 championship.

Reaction Score
I mean come on with this. They were in the Final Four last year and they bring back an NPOY favorite. The way we denigrate other programs around here is not a great look.
cmon with what? who was their last great pro? Stone isn't trying to follow kaminskys path, stone is a 1&done phenom. Wisconsin a molasses slow offense, lead by a coach who is by no means a 'players coach'. there is literally nothing exciting about wisconsin hoops, atleast since devin harris was there. I also have a hard time believe old ass bo ryan can outrecruit the young gun KO.

Reaction Score
cmon with what? who was their last great pro? Stone isn't trying to follow kaminskys path, stone is a 1&done phenom. Wisconsin a molasses slow offense, lead by a coach who is by no means a 'players coach'. there is literally nothing exciting about wisconsin hoops, atleast since devin harris was there. I also have a hard time believe old ass bo ryan can outrecruit the young gun KO.

"there is literally nothing exciting about Wisconsin hoops" is your limited opinion. I'm not sure why you think it creates some rule that dictates how recruiting is going to go. They were just in the Final Four and they're coached by a Hall of Famer. Stop acting like picking UW is like picking Prairie View A&M.

Reaction Score
He reminds me a lot of Zach Randolph and jumps higher than him.
i was thinking demarcus cousins because of his hands. and not a hot head. hell, he even said he resembles his game... just minus the off court stuff ha.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
cmon with what? who was their last great pro? Stone isn't trying to follow kaminskys path, stone is a 1&done phenom.
DS: Bo, why should I play for you?
BR: I took a low-rated afterthought of a prospect and turned him into a NPOY favorite and first round draft pick. Imagine what I could do for you.

Wisconsin's a great school, and Ryan is a very, very good coach. Pretending otherwise makes you look like a child.

Reaction Score
"there is literally nothing exciting about Wisconsin hoops" is your limited opinion. I'm not sure why you think it creates some rule that dictates how recruiting is going to go. They were just in the Final Four and they're coached by a Hall of Famer. Stop acting like picking UW is like picking Prairie View A&M.
Its hard for me to do that, seeing the kind of commits they get yearly. nothing like stone ever. but who knows. i've thought the same of other schools, then they switched up their approach.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is a good program just not at UConn's level, Bo Ryan is a really good coach but has to win a ring before he's a Hall of Famer.

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to do that, seeing the kind of commits they get yearly. nothing like stone ever. but who knows. i've thought the same of other schools, then they switched up their approach.

But you have to admit over the years Bo has had these big lumberjack white dudes who are fairly athletic and can play. I know I've looked at a few and said wish we could dig up a few of them.

Reaction Score
I wish that is the case!

I think he isn't physically fit, he can't jump at all really, and doesn't really look engaged. Don't get me wrong - he's a great high school player, but I think he maxed out his potential. The only thing he has working for him is his huge frame and his decent post moves. He overpowers people on the high school level and that's not going to work at the college level.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him being "the one" or the "next great big guy" at UConn. I think he would fit into Wisconsin's style of player better than ours. For some reason, every time I watch him play or see highlights, he reminds me of a less athletic Curtis Kelly.
Jeff Goodman, is that you?

Reaction Score
BR: I took a low-rated afterthought of a prospect and turned him into a NPOY favorite and first round draft pick. Imagine what I could do for you.

Wisconsin's a great school, and Ryan is a very, very good coach. Pretending otherwise makes you look like a child.
Who the hell is arguing your last two sentences. i'm posting about the fit of stone and wisconsin.

And whats with the slobfest on kaminsky. DD had a very similar 3-1-2014 onward. KK is fringe first rounder, will most likely slip seeing he offers nothing in the nba defensively and will be an average rebounder/athlete.

Stones choice to Wisconsin will be based on closeness to home , and the campus life. ( and maybe distantly conference bs). not hoops

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Gotta agree here. It may not be the most exciting brand of basketball but he has a history of producing quality big men out of far less talented players than Stone. I couldn't blame a big guy for going there at all.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree here. It may not be the most exciting brand of basketball but he has a history of producing quality big men out of far less talented players than Stone. I couldn't blame a big guy for going there at all.
like who Greg Stiemsma?

Reaction Score
I do agree that Kaminsky is overrated, he had a nice junior year after doing nothing his first two years and played great in the semifinal game, if he's the best player in College Basketball then this will be the worst year ever in College Basketball, he will be a big zero in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but when guys don't dunk all over the place and jump out of the gym (play below the rim) the thought is sometime they will never get up to speed. This kid is a real big man and I would expect him to walk on to any team and make an immediate impact.
kevin love
big men with skills don't need ups

Reaction Score
I do agree that Kaminsky is overrated, he had a nice junior year after doing nothing his first two years and played great in the semifinal game, if he's the best player in College Basketball then this will be the worst year ever in College Basketball, he will be a big zero in the NBA.

You don't need to be the best pro prospect to be a real good college player so I disagree. He is potentially the best player although i doubt it will end that way. He's a very good player whom i wished we had…….saying anything other than that is being blind to the facts.

Jimmer!

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Stone will be a bust?
While I dont think he will be a bust by any means, I think peoples expectations are way too high. Many people here seem to think he would come right in and dominate. But how often do freshmen centers come in and dominate anywhere?

He is big, athletic and raw. He seems, to me, to dominate on the high school level with size and athletic ability. I dont think that alone is going to cut it on the college level. I would love to land him, and I think he has GREAT potential, but I do think expectations are way too high for a freshman center, and I think there will certainly be more of a learning curve than many others expect.

Reaction Score
Agree 33, those who think he's a one and done may be off a year or 2. But he will help someone in the post immediately

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He is big, athletic and raw.
He's actually relatively un-athletic and polished, a lot like Jahlil Okafor. The "big" part is right, tho.

Reaction Score
like who Greg Stiemsma?
Please just stop for your own sake. The lengths you're going to in order to discredit Wisconsin basketball is kind of embarrassing. You're going to go ahead and pick out a recruit who struggled with depression to prove that he can't coach big guys? A guy that happens to be in the NBA now on top of that? How about Jon Leuer very quickly off the top of my head from the past couple of years? Give me any big school and I can find a big man prospect that didn't pan out like everyone hoped in college.

Reaction Score
While I dont think he will be a bust by any means, I think peoples expectations are way too high. Many people here seem to think he would come right in and dominate. But how often do freshmen centers come in and dominate anywhere?

He is big, athletic and raw. He seems, to me, to dominate on the high school level with size and athletic ability. I dont think that alone is going to cut it on the college level. I would love to land him, and I think he has GREAT potential, but I do think expectations are way too high for a freshman center, and I think there will certainly be more of a learning curve than many others expect.

Raw? Seriously? A lot of his hype comes form how polished he is for a high school big man. He's got very impressive footwork and a pretty nice arsenal of post moves down low. I just don't have the faintest idea where you're getting this from.

Reaction Score
Please just stop for your own sake. The lengths you're going to in order to discredit Wisconsin basketball is kind of embarrassing. You're going to go ahead and pick out a recruit who struggled with depression to prove that he can't coach big guys? A guy that happens to be in the NBA now on top of that? How about Jon Leuer very quickly off the top of my head from the past couple of years? Give me any big school and I can find a big man prospect that didn't pan out like everyone hoped in college.
brad sellers is their crown jewel fact. stop taking things so seriously, nobody is embarrassed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom