Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
it's not about bryant, I just have a gut feeling he's going to the nba, he might be inconsistent this year, but you can't teach size and athleticism. He has the physical tools just like Drummond did, and Drummond didn't dominate the year he left.

Drummond was a much better rebounder than Brimah which is a big part of his game/value. I'm not saying he won't get there, but if the season ended today, Brimah definitely is not a lottery pick yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
it's not about bryant, I just have a gut feeling he's going to the nba, he might be inconsistent this year, but you can't teach size and athleticism. He has the physical tools just like Drummond did, and Drummond didn't dominate the year he left.
drummond was bigger, more aggressive, and an athletic freak for his size, he averaged close to double double...brimah is no where near ready for the nba... worry about this year

Reaction Score
Comparing Brimah to Drummond is just a really bad comparison.

Reaction Score
Comparing Brimah to Drummond is just a really bad comparison.

It's not a comparison, and for all of Drummond's ability, he only averaged 10 ppg. That's not a huge stat by any means. Brimah is a long and athletic 7 footer who moves well for his size and can easily add weight to his frame. I never said he would be a lottery pick.

The NBA covets athletes with Brimah's ability, he would get drafted based on potential alone. I don't know why some of you can't see that. Just take a look at who's been drafted in the first round the past few years. Trust me, Brimah's upside will get him drafted if he choses to go, that's not going out on a limb.

Reaction Score
It's not a comparison, and for all of Drummond's ability, he only averaged 10 ppg. That's not a huge stat by any means. Brimah is a long and athletic 7 footer who moves well for his size and can easily add weight to his frame. I never said he would be a lottery pick.

The NBA covets athletes with Brimah's ability, he would get drafted based on potential alone. I don't know why some of you can't see that. Just take a look at who's been drafted in the first round the past few years. Trust me, Brimah's upside will get him drafted if he choses to go, that's not going out on a limb.

yeah and the 24th pick on potential will have him in the D League for the majority of his career thereafter. He needs this year, next year and possibly the year after to NBA ready just watch him. There are so many things he doesn't do naturally he would be eaten up and spit out immediately as we speak. Love the guy but let him have an 8/6/4 years before throwing him to the wolves.

Reaction Score
You're spot on. Brimah simply needs more time, as most big men need time to develop some offense, and those who fail to do so, seldom last in the NBA (unless they are phenomenal rebounders, which Brimah is not). I think if he wants to have a shot at a successful NBA career, he needs a longer program of development - like Hilton Armstrong.

yeah and the 24th pick on potential will have him in the D League for the majority of his career thereafter. He needs this year, next year and possibly the year after to NBA ready just watch him. There are so many things he doesn't do naturally he would be eaten up and spit out immediately as we speak. Love the guy but let him have an 8/6/4 years before throwing him to the wolves.
ou

Reaction Score

That's not your decision to make, and no one on this board has the ability to determine if Brimah needs a year or two.

If Brimah, like Daniels thinks he's good enough, then he should go. I think he will.

Reaction Score
That's not your decision to make, and no one on this board has the ability to determine if Brimah needs a year or two.

If Brimah, like Daniels thinks he's good enough, then he should go. I think he will.

Good news is it's not your decision either. He will stay and listen to those who know what's best!

Reaction Score
It's just gotten bizarre how many people on here are convinced Brimah is gone after this season.

I'm not saying there's no chance of it happening, but at the moment, it's very unlikely.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he should stay, I'm just predicting that he'll go

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I love the disconnect between those saying Brimah is so good we don't need Stone and Brimah is so good he will go the NBA after this year.

Reaction Score
Can't we all just agree he needs time to get stronger and more confidence in his offensive game? You can say that without scoffing at his pro prospects. his upside is massive, but he's going to be here until he's a junior. too raw at the moment. and when he leaves he is a lottery pick.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love the disconnect between those saying Brimah is so good we don't need Stone and Brimah is so good he will go the NBA after this year.
I want to see him connected to standing on the floor instead of lying on it or sitting along side it.

When he does that we won't need Stone unless Brimah does it so well this year he's NBA bound in which case we need Stone. And if he labors this season and Stone comes to UConn and if Brimah has an epiphany next season leading to a cacophony of chemistry issues between him and Stone then we stone those who insisted on the necessity of Stone.

This is my idea of connection!!!

Reaction Score
It's hard to take you seriously.

what's so hard? Drummond had physical ability, but you don't think that he didn't always play up to his potential? Really, what's so hard to believe?

A case could have been made for Drummond to stay another year.

Reaction Score
huskies have too few pipelines of established recruiting success

NJ is huge and huskies are totally locked out

it has been mainly NYC, Balto, HollywoodOlliewood and state of Conn and some foreign pipelines

c onclusion: huskies need to beef up junior college angles and foreign countries now because high schools have been wasting alot of husky timing

exam current Louisville roster: 3 seven footers from Norway, Australia, Egypt respectively

Reaction Score
what's so hard? Drummond had physical ability, but you don't think that he didn't always play up to his potential? Really, what's so hard to believe?
Let me take a whack at this one. Drummond was a physical freak in college. Athleticism, size, and strength. Brimah has NBA height but he has nowhere near NBA strength and his athleticism isn't good enough to make him a guaranteed lottery pick with all of his flaws. There's a reason everyone is calling you out on what you're saying and it's not just that we're all mean.

Reaction Score
Drummond not only was an athletic freak, he was a once in a generation type of freakishly atheltic big man. Drummond also was much bigger even as a freshman than what Brimah is right now.

Lastly Drummond played ball all his life, so while he has better hands and better coordination (aka doesn't wind up on the floor frequently after made baskets like Brimah), Brimah picked up basketball relatively late in comparison. Why is that an important distinction? Drummond had some bad habits that are hard to drill out of him (even now as a pro), Brimah is still learning the game so he hasn't had enough time to develop bad habits, therefore every year Brimah spends at the college level he will continue to vastly improve.

For example Brimah does an excellent, excellent job keeping the ball above his head around the rim, as a result he very rarely gets the ball stripped on the offensive end. A lot of big guys like to bring the ball below their waste before going up strong. Brimah keeps it up and that way smaller guards can't come in and swipe it. Brimah is also developing a very nice hook shot, still needs some improvement but has made a lot of progress. Brimah needs more time to work on his hands, he too often bobbles the ball (often playing one man volleyball with himself) and sometimes has a slow reaction to rebounds. With more playing time he can improve in both areas.

In my opinion I think Brimah will likely stay here at UCONN for his junior year if not for his senior year too. He will need the time to grow and will be that much more effective in the NBA after he graduates.

Reaction Score
Drummond not only was an athletic freak, he was a once in a generation type of freakishly atheltic big man. Drummond also was much bigger even as a freshman than what Brimah is right now.

Lastly Drummond played ball all his life, so while he has better hands and better coordination (aka doesn't wind up on the floor frequently after made baskets like Brimah), Brimah picked up basketball relatively late in comparison. Why is that an important distinction? Drummond had some bad habits that are hard to drill out of him (even now as a pro), Brimah is still learning the game so he hasn't had enough time to develop bad habits, therefore every year Brimah spends at the college level he will continue to vastly improve.

For example Brimah does an excellent, excellent job keeping the ball above his head around the rim, as a result he very rarely gets the ball stripped on the offensive end. A lot of big guys like to bring the ball below their waste before going up strong. Brimah keeps it up and that way smaller guards can't come in and swipe it. Brimah is also developing a very nice hook shot, still needs some improvement but has made a lot of progress. Brimah needs more time to work on his hands, he too often bobbles the ball (often playing one man volleyball with himself) and sometimes has a slow reaction to rebounds. With more playing time he can improve in both areas.

In my opinion I think Brimah will likely stay here at UCONN for his junior year if not for his senior year too. He will need the time to grow and will be that much more effective in the NBA after he graduates.
Hopefully the people advising him and others lead him in the right direction. Talent is surely apparent. Potential is clearly there. Let him develop and improve properly.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's saying that Brimah's physical tools = Drummond's physical tools. His point was that NBA players are generally drafted on potential more so than production.

That said, Brimah doesn't have so much potential that an NBA team is going to take a flier on him in the first round unless he builds significantly on what he did last year. It isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, and he may evolve into a very good college player as early as this year, but he's still got a ways to go before we start talking NBA.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

A case could have been made for Drummond to stay another year.

I believe he would have if not for the ban.

Reaction Score
I heard he retweeted some stuff

Cool, I'll take a bunch of grown men trying to interpret tweets over the Brimah is a pro/not a pro argument based on one game against blueblood bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom