Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PLEASE DO NOT READ huskiesnyc

As always take with a grain of salt. But I am hearing he is swinging back to Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Wisconsin because i know they are the hometown team and everything, but they have no big man tradition really, they play pretty boring basketball, and don't develop talent as well as us in my eyes. I hope it doesn'y come down to his family making the decision because its not them going to college its him.

Reaction Score
PLEASE DO NOT READ huskiesnyc

As always take with a grain of salt. But I am hearing he is swinging back to Wisconsin.

Looks like your taking your info from the Wisconsin 24/7 board.

Reaction Score
[QUanother UConnKev, post: 1127350, member: 852"]Looks like your taking your info from the Wisconsin 24/7 board.[/QUOTE]

No another tos recruiting reporter. Just hearing Wisconsin is putting a full press and gaining real ground. There is tons of time until he decides. Recruiting time is similar to dog years

Reaction Score
[QUanother UConnKev, post: 1127350, member: 852"]Looks like your taking your info from the Wisconsin 24/7 board.

No another tos recruiting reporter. Just hearing Wisconsin is putting a full press and gaining real ground. There is tons of time until he decides. Recruiting time is similar to dog years[/QUOTE]

what boggles my mind with a statement like this is what the hell constitutes "making ground"? how is that a quantifiable measurement when discussing the decision of a teenager? nothing against you just always been something that itches my brain.

Reaction Score
No another tos recruiting reporter. Just hearing Wisconsin is putting a full press and gaining real ground. There is tons of time until he decides. Recruiting time is similar to dog years

what boggles my mind with a statement like this is what the hell constitutes "making ground"? how is that a quantifiable measurement when discussing the decision of a teenager? nothing against you just always been something that itches my brain.

It isn't quantifiable and he never implied it. That is why he said "take it with grain of salt." In recruiting nothing is quantifiable. Nothing is certain. Nothing is defined. If you want certainty and clear answers -> Don't follow recruiting.

Reaction Score
I am just happy this thread has a chance to surpass the Mack thread as far as number of views. I would chalk that up as a moral victory.

Reaction Score
It isn't quantifiable and he never implied it. That is why he said "take it with grain of salt." In recruiting nothing is quantifiable. Nothing is certain. Nothing is defined. If you want certainty and clear answers -> Don't follow recruiting.

Amen. Fun of following recruiting. ..

Reaction Score
I don't get he drama with Stone, we want him, we're better than wisconsin in every aspect but one, conference affiliation. We have a better coach, better program, better facilities, better NBA track record and more championships.

If he ends up choosing wisconsin, then the mistake is his, we'll still be Uconn, we'll always be better. Let's enjoy the season and let it all play out. Give the kid his space instead of posting all these rumors and feeling down, it's absurd.

When it's all said and done, I think he'll be here, if not, good luck to the fine young man and all the others that chose a different path.

Like Ollie said, "we're not chasing championships, championships are chasing us"

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wisconsin is a great school I wouldn't say he made a mistake if that ends up being his preference.

However, I think Ollie will be smart, get the last word in, and seal the deal.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is a great school I wouldn't say he made a mistake if that ends up being his preference.

However, I think Ollie will be smart, get the last word in, and seal the deal.

No, it's not a mistake, but I just think we're that much better long term for the kid. Wiscy is a good school.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
No, it's not a mistake, but I just think we're that much better long term for the kid. Wiscy is a good school.
He would fill a hole here for sure. Also if he's as good as he looks, it'll be one more success story in the NBA for UConn.

Reaction Score
Both schools need big men.

He is down to two schools that badly need his services.

Neither school is going to have much in terms of low post offense.

Reaction Score
what boggles my mind with a statement like this is what the hell constitutes "making ground"? how is that a quantifiable measurement when discussing the decision of a teenager?

This has been the first off-season where I've followed recruiting in any detail and I've been wondering the same thing. If you take a step back and parse the language, much of it is meaningless. "Gaining real ground." Where? Was there territory in the mindscape of Diamond Stone that was previously controlled by UCONN but has recently been captured by Wisconsin? My interpretation is that it's mostly speculative blather based on tiny kernels of actual information (gathered from at least 2 degrees of separation). These recruiting reporters have to publish something.

Reaction Score
But look at the 21st, the day he is announcing. KO and UConn will be in PR for the tourney and unavailable to be there. UW is home on the 22nd.

It will feel like history repeating, UConn relaxing in the Caribbean, and meanwhile our opposition is preparing and outworking us. Look at Bo Ryan, he's working hard for his next meeting with Diamond:

What's Glenn Miller going to do? Dance the polka?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This has been the first off-season where I've followed recruiting in any detail and I've been wondering the same thing. If you take a step back and parse the language, much of it is meaningless. "Gaining real ground." Where? Was there territory in the mindscape of Diamond Stone that was previously controlled by UCONN but has recently been captured by Wisconsin? My interpretation is that it's mostly speculative blather based on tiny kernels of actual information (gathered from at least 2 degrees of separation). These recruiting reporters have to publish something.
Ding, Ding, Ding!!! You win the prize. There are some here who haven't figured this out after many years.

To be fair, some of these reporters do have access to handlers that most of us don't have so they, on occasion, have a heads on the rest of the population. Posters like 3 and 99 have a rapport with some of these reporters or even recruits and pass on information that they hear. They never have made a claim that the information is guaranteed to be correct.

I suspect some of the guys in this forum have a relationship with people involved in UConn recruiting and they get information that they pass to us. Even then there is a chance of inaccuracy.

But most of the reporter stuff is speculation meant to generate excitement. It does boggle the mind that people can be upset with a messenger who claims that the information is just rumors because they chose to believe otherwise.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It will feel like history repeating, UConn relaxing in the Caribbean, and meanwhile our opposition is preparing and outworking us. Look at Bo Ryan, he's working hard for his next meeting with Diamond:

Now that's funny on so many levels!

Reaction Score
On another note, I wonder if Caron Butler has been used as a resource with Stone's recruitment seeing he is from Wisconsin as well? Sorry if this has been touched on already, I have not read all 37 pages of this thread. I'm sure he can only be used in a limited capacity if at all but I would think it would be reassuring to Stone to know that Caron had a great experience at Uconn.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I agree with the school of thought the longer it goes on the better it is for the home team.
Another observation - my HS daughter and her friends hatch plans - then the longer the time frame - the more parental involvement - and the more those plans change or do not happen at all.

Reaction Score
Kaminsky's development into a college star has certainly helped Wisconsin's chances, one would think. Bad timing.

Reaction Score

We already had Herbst try a Bernie Lean/Lamb Shake

I could only hope the recruiting battle would come down to coach v coach dance-off, you know KO got moves

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Did we forget about Amida Brimah, or are we just assuming he goes pro?

Stone would likely be a better low post scorer even as a freshman. He's more polished offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom