Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The guy who wrote the following would probably be saddened by our presentation of the language.

Here bygynneth the Book
of the tales of Caunterbury

1: Whan that aprill with his shoures soote
2: The droghte of march hath perced to the roote,
3: And bathed every veyne in swich licour
4: Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
5: Whan zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
6: Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
7: Tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
8: Hath in the ram his halve cours yronne,
9: And smale foweles maken melodye,
10: That slepen al the nyght with open ye
11: (so priketh hem nature in hir corages);
Weird place to break this--not even a full sentence. If you're going to quote Chaucer, at least give a whole sentence. :)

Actually upon reading this I'm not entirely sure Chap ain't Chaucer reincarnated.

How dare you, sir.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Just here putting in my daily 2 cents.

I had a bad bowl of oatmeal today. I chopped up an apple and threw it in there (cinnamon and spice I believe, the red package). Anyways, red package of terrible oatmeal + rotten red apple = bad tasting oatmeal. Therefore, red sucks. Since red sucks, Wisconsin is not the place for Diamond Stone.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
See thats some of y'all problem on here age doest have anything to do with kknowledge of basketball I was a standout at my high school and college days not to mentioned coach of the year twice out of 4 years but that was youth leauges lol. But my point to y'all is those wasn't dominant post players who can score with consinsty. Like I said Okafor Travis Knight and sometimes boone was the only I can remember the last 20 years

Just... stop. Quit while you're behind.

You call Drummond a 'bust' and then complain about OUR basketball knowledge and say we need to get on your level? Your 'knowledge' of basketball is a joke.

Literally no one agrees with anything that you are saying because you're dead wrong on 90% of what you post. The other 10% is incoherent because you can't even type full sentences. Honestly, I HOPE you're a troll or 8 years old or something because if you're not, you're probably the dumbest poster I've seen on this board... which is saying something.

Reaction Score
I think diamond has the potential to was become a good college player.

Edit: was became***

Reaction Score
What if Stone commits to UConn and is a bust like most of the big men we had knowing its a guard type of school. Me and my father was talking and said someone told him Enoch got destroyed by a guy 6'6 kid in New Jersey. I haven't seen him play but I went to a Norwalk high game last year and was on JV. Kinda worries me even tho I heard he got a lot better. What do you guys think of pur big men since Okafor
Don't forget that Enoch was a bit player, last season at Norwalk. He exploded this spring during a number of tournies, including outplaying Steven Zimmerman at the Pangos tournie in CA.
If he was outplayed by some 6'6" Jersey kid it probably was last season before he exploded. Love to see a rematch......

Reaction Score
I seem to recall a player got cut from his JV team as a soph from a little burg named Gastonia.

Reaction Score
Technically he was a bust in college his expectations was way higher coming in as a freshman bit I have to admit he'sdoing well in the nNBA still raw but getting it done. As far as the others you named Bust Thabeet lol second pick of the first round and out of the leauge. No one agrees because gall not being realistic. Boone out Hilton out the dude that transfer along with Roscoe smith can't even get in the league. Bit yes let's drop this subject cause it's corny now see you in another thread"UChusky916, post: 1120343, member: 1222"]Just... stop. Quit while you're behind.

You call Drummond a 'bust' and then complain about OUR basketball knowledge and say we need to get on your level? Your 'knowledge' of basketball is a joke.

Literally no one agrees with anything that you are saying because you're dead wrong on 90% of what you post. The other 10% is incoherent because you can't even type full sentences. Honestly, I HOPE you're a troll or 8 years old or something because if you're not, you're probably the dumbest poster I've seen on this board... which is saying something.[/QUOTE]
Technic

Reaction Score
[QUOTprobably an old who never played before or better yet sat the bench and cheered like FemaleChusky916, post: 1120343, member: 1222"]Just... stop. Quit while you're behind.

Literally no one agrees with anything that you are saying because you're dead wrong on 90% of what you post. The other 10% is incoherent because you can't even type full sentences. Honestly, I HOPE you're a troll or 8 years old or something because if you're not, you're probably the dumbest poster I've seen on this board... which is saying something.[/QUOTE]
Your prob

Reaction Score
Yes a bust what ha e he done in the NBA besides foul and cheer on the Bench
So, a Second Team All-American, who was barely recruited out of high school yet became the second overall pick in 2009, is a detriment to UConn?

A freshman center who averaged a double-double in Big East play is also a bust.

Your sense of what a bust means is out of whack.

Reaction Score
[QUOTprobably an old who never played before or better yet sat the bench and cheered like FemaleChusky916, post: 1120343, member: 1222"]
Your prob

Have you been huffing paint?

Reaction Score
Skal Labissiere to Kentucky according to Evan Daniels.

I considered that a no-LOI by Diamond Stone could potentially open up a spring commitment to Kentucky, but it seems with Skal and all the guys currently there, UK is going to have a logjam regardless.

On another front, this kid Skal has had a heckuva time finding a high school to attend.

Reaction Score
The guy who wrote the following would probably be saddened by our presentation of the language.

Here bygynneth the Book
of the tales of Caunterbury

1: Whan that aprill with his shoures soote
2: The droghte of march hath perced to the roote,
3: And bathed every veyne in swich licour
4: Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
5: Whan zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
6: Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
7: Tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
8: Hath in the ram his halve cours yronne,
9: And smale foweles maken melodye,
10: That slepen al the nyght with open ye
11: (so priketh hem nature in hir corages);

thanne longen folke to go on pilgrimages.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wow. Hilton Armstrong was a recruit no one had ever heard of out of Peekskill, NY. Not even top 100. He was a lotery pick. What in the world do you expect?

Josh Boone was not a top 100 recruit either. 1st round draft pick though. Jake Voskul wasn't a top 100. He was supposedly a throw-in for Leblanc. Picked 33rd and long NBA career.

Are you for real?

Agree with everything you said, but I think Boone was something like #50 iirc.

But you could throw guys like Gavin Edwards in there as well. He was 3star iirc.

Reaction Score
Adam Finkelstein follows

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 11m11 minutes ago
UConn is my pick http://Post original url/1hjcXKy MT @spage13: Mr. Meyer do you think Diamond Stone will choose to stay home and play for the Badgers?

I am going to follow my own logic here despite what Meyer says. This Stone kid is excellent. He can play. He deserves to be a top 10 kid. So why aren't all the top schools on top of him? It's got to be that he's in tight with Wisconsin, and everyone knows this. UConn knows this too, but there's no harm in trying.

This is a very telling sign. It's hard for me to believe that Meyer doesn't see this. I'm hoping here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adam Finkelstein follows

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 11m11 minutes ago
UConn is my pick http://Post original url/1hjcXKy MT @spage13: Mr. Meyer do you think Diamond Stone will choose to stay home and play for the Badgers?

I am going to follow my own logic here despite what Meyer says. This Stone kid is excellent. He can play. He deserves to be a top 10 kid. So why aren't all the top schools on top of him? It's got to be that he's in tight with Wisconsin, and everyone knows this. UConn knows this too, but there's no harm in trying.

This is a very telling sign. It's hard for me to believe that Meyer doesn't see this. I'm hoping here, but I'm not holding my breath.

I file this under: "They are 17/18 year old kids". You're trying to insert logic. It's not going to seem like that. It's more like Eugene Fama's work on the Random Walk in the stock market. Wisconsin is there cause he felt it one day. UConn ... He liked Kzo. Or wants to wear blue. Oklahoma State & Maryland? God knows. Why not Michigan State or Kentucky or North Carolina? Who knows. Certainly Milwaukee kids have gone these routes.

Don't think ... It'll make sense when it happens.

Reaction Score
Skal Labissiere to Kentucky according to Evan Daniels.

I considered that a no-LOI by Diamond Stone could potentially open up a spring commitment to Kentucky, but it seems with Skal and all the guys currently there, UK is going to have a logjam regardless.

On another front, this kid Skal has had a heckuva time finding a high school to attend.
There was zero chance of Stone going to Kentucky.

Reaction Score
There was zero chance of Stone going to Kentucky.

Ya think so? Because he doesn't have an offer?

I'm referring to a scenario where he announces on the 21st his college preference, that he's holding off until the spring, or August (i.e. isn't signing an LOI), and then Towns, WCS and another leave UK, Malik newman commits to UK, and Stone is sitting there as the only big in the top 20 who hasn't committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom