Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
stone rollin is strictly a decision based on what is best for gems advancement on maslow scales as complete dude (life & sports)

he may decline the rent to do more on campus activitay & certainly that type of decision would be wise when you compare an alternative choice like viewing div3puppyregimedyslexia

foosbal has no influence

Actually this is the first post Chap has made that I think I understand. Champs, you may be my favorite poster on this entire board – but I have to disagree.

Chaps for some odd reason I think you should keep going - your nonsense is becoming easier to understand over time.

Reaction Score
Actually this is the first post Chap has made that I think I understand. Champs, you may be my favorite poster on this entire board – but I have to disagree.

Chaps for some odd reason I think you should keep going - your nonsense is becoming easier to understand over time.

I agree, I understood each word this time. Either Chap is starting to break us all down and teach us "his" way (which may be genius, btw) or this off-season has really gone on for way too long and we have all gone crazy. I almost researched stromboli places to add to that "best of" thread for god sakes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree, I understood each word this time. Either Chap is starting to break us all down and teach us "his" way (which may be genius, btw) or this off-season has really gone on for way too long and we have all gone crazy. I almost researched stromboli places to add to that "best of" thread for god sakes.
It was always decipherable. It all depended on how hard anyone wanted to dig up his esoteric references.

I get a kick out of him. I'm married into a family with super high IQ's (lowest is 159). I had a friend who was as close to a true Renaissance person one could expect to find in this day and age. He was an MIT professor and ATT researcher who worked on the physics of fiber optics. I knew a theologian who was considered brilliant in many fields and was sought after by many heads of those fields. He had memorized the Talmud, all 6200 pages. I knew him 30 years after he graduated Rabbinical school. At that time you could select any one of those 6200 pages, name a word and he would instantaneously tell you if that word appeared on that page and if it did, how many times it appeared on that page. That was a considerable reduction of memory because for many years he could do the same thing with the letters that existed on any page selected. There are folks in this forum who can instantaneously recall players, events, games going back to the time of J.C.aesar. (See what I did hear!!!!)

So this mensa dude (mensa deliberately not capitalized - see what i did hear) is just a blip on the radar pour moi, an extraordinarily ordinary dude.

I sometimes get entertainment with what he writes. Im always entertained by the need for some to marginalize him. IMM that which is different doesn't always have to be a threat. It may just be that we are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with it.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It was always decipherable. It all depended on how hard anyone wanted to dig up his esoteric references.

I get a kick out of him. I'm married into a family with super high IQ's (lowest is 159). I had a friend who was as close to a true Renaissance person one could expect to find in this day and age. He was an MIT professor and ATT researcher who worked on the physics of fiber optics. I knew a theologian who was considered brilliant in many fields and was sought after by many heads of those fields. He had memorized the Talmud, all 6200 pages. I knew him 30 years after he graduated Rabbinical school. At that time you could select any one of those 6200 pages, name a word and he would instantaneously tell you if that word appeared on that page and if it did, how many times it appeared on that page. That was a considerable reduction of memory because for many years he could do the same thing with the letters that existed on any page selected. There are folks in this forum who can instantaneously recall players, events, games going back to the time of J.C.aesar. (See what I did hear!!!!)

So this mensa dude (mensa deliberately not capitalized - see what i did hear) is just a blip on the radar pour moi, an extraordinarily ordinary dude.

I sometimes get entertainment with what he writes. Im always entertained by the need for some to marginalize him. IMM that which is different doesn't always have to be a threat. It may just be that we are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with it.

He loves to put down the football program. I don't care if you think its clever or not, I think he is an for doing it over and over and over and over and over again.

Enjoy his puns shi&tthing of the football team. I'll pass.

Reaction Score
It's Homecoming Weekend, and we have UCF at home at The Rent on Saturday at noon. I assume Diamond will be there. So if you do care about his recruitment, pony up the 20 bucks and show up in spite of the weather and support your program. I doubt it'll hurt our chances.
I want him as far away from our football team as possible we dont want to scare him off:D

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He loves to put down the football program. I don't care if you think its clever or not, I think he is an for doing it over and over and over and over and over again.

Enjoy his puns shi&tthing of the football team. I'll pass.
I'm aware of it. He's been critical of Diaco particularly. I don't agree with him at all on this. Nor do I care for his incessant need to make his opinion known with regards to this. I've rarely dismissed anyone in these forums. We're just a bunch of overinflated blow hearts. Outside of some occasional nuggets of information, 99% of the stuff posted is relatively unimportant dribble. It's predominately opinions. We're totally different than any local or national media types, who, even if they are expressing opinions, I hold to different standards.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I'm aware of it. He's been critical of Diaco particularly.

Wrong. Plenty of people have been critical of Diaco without sh7tting on the program.

He hasn't been critical. He has been a douc7bag. He's way past being critical.

Reaction Score
Gentleman, I am going to take this opportunity to say what a lot of people want to in the nicest way possible. Please please PLEASE take your arguments or random topics that have nothing to do with Diamond Stone or any of the recruits somewhere else. A lot of us come here to get news on the recruits, not to hear about whatever random topic people choose to write about that day or argument that occurs in the thread. Please take this in the least do**he way possible as I am only saying what a majority want to.

Reaction Score
Gentleman, I am going to take this opportunity to say what a lot of people want to in the nicest way possible. Please please PLEASE take your arguments or random topics that have nothing to do with Diamond Stone or any of the recruits somewhere else. A lot of us come here to get news on the recruits, not to hear about whatever random topic people choose to write about that day or argument that occurs in the thread. Please take this in the least do**he way possible as I am only saying what a majority want to.

I like reading people's opinions. Sometimes it's gets a little off topic but I don't understand why that's such a big deal to people. It's just a message board. If all you want is news get a twitter or just go to 247, rivals, scout, espn etc.

Anyways, looks like he's coming on Friday and not Thursday.
4867711966380032_zpsa5ba2f4a.png

Reaction Score
I too appreciate people's opinion, however, different tabs about recruits have been created for a reason. So when it is not relevant to what I am reading, it becomes a cluster duck* having to scroll through pages and pages of irrelevant information that has nothing to do with the recruit. Have your opinions, just start a thread and don't pollute recruiting threads with useless information.

Reaction Score
Ham and cheeze- it's delicious.

Look dude- the season is about to start and if you think people getting sidetracked is annoying- you might as well boycott the whole season. This place will turn into a $hitshow after the first loss.

DOOMED!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I too appreciate people's opinion, however, different tabs about recruits have been created for a reason. So when it is not relevant to what I am reading, it becomes a cluster duck* having to scroll through pages and pages of irrelevant information that has nothing to do with the recruit. Have your opinions, just start a thread and don't pollute recruiting threads with useless information.
So you don't have to plow through everything here are the Cliff Notes version. Stone is making official visit to UConn starting Thursday. Down to four schools but appears to be two horse race between UConn and Wisconsin. No new news on Clarke but Virginia Tech seems to be in the lead. Moore scheduled to see Mack today and KO seeing him tomorrow. Who knows who leads. Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson and VCU are battling us. We're in the final five for Jones with Auburn, Kansas, Kentucky and UNLV. Kentucky is his dream school and most think UNLV leads, but no one knows. Briscoe has us, Kentucky and St. Johns as final three. Most think we're third on that pecking order. A guy name Johnny talked smack and was booted. Briscoe probably waiting to see what Newman is doing otherwise would be going to Kentucky and Newman is probably waiting to see if Stone heads to UConn because he may go to UConn as well. My wishful thinking fwiw.

My advice is to skip these threads altogether because even those posts directly related to recruits are manic in nature. Just wait until the thread comes out saying so and so recruit is heading to ,,,,,,,

Or just ask one of us for a synopsis if you feel the need to get on the recruiting roller coaster.

Reaction Score

I know what you're saying but messageboards/commenting breed arguments and trolls. It's the internet. There is no stopping it. Twitter is literally the greatest way to get up to the minute news on all your interests. No news is on here before twitter and it's easier to ignore the riff raff. Some people on here act like it's some complicated mechanism but in actuality it's 100 times easier to navigate than a message board.

And this is a perfect example of how threads get off topic.

Reaction Score
I like reading people's opinions. Sometimes it's gets a little off topic but I don't understand why that's such a big deal to people. It's just a message board. If all you want is news get a twitter or just go to 247, rivals, scout, espn etc.

Anyways, looks like he's coming on Friday and not Thursday.
4867711966380032_zpsa5ba2f4a.png

To uconn ladies - please dress extra nice on Halloween, for Diamond.
To uconn men - please take pictures and post them to the yard, for me.
To my young daughters - please do not judge me, or do what I suggested uconn ladies do at any point in your life. It is cheap, and men will not respect you.
To uconn men - don't forget to
use the flash.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

I understand what you are saying, but do you have to say in the Diamond Stone thread? You are just spawning tons of non-Stone responses.

Reaction Score
Did you know that the term "America" derives from the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci? So given that almost every geographic entity on the planet that is named after someone uses the surname (Hudson River, Washington D.C., Mt. Everest, etc.), we should really be chanting U-S-V at Olympic sporting events.

Think about that the next time we are locked in a big recruiting battle.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Did you know that the term "America" derives from the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci? So given that almost every geographic entity on the planet that is named after someone uses the surname (Hudson River, Washington D.C., Mt. Everest, etc.), we should really be chanting U-S-V at Olympic sporting events.

Think about that the next time we are locked in a big recruiting battle.
Even back then they knew a Vespa wasn't going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom