Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not a violation.

Borges reporting on a conversation is not a violation and Nolan speaking to Stone is not a violation.

Interesting Borges took the post down about stone.. heard from a 3rd party it is some odd rule where a present player can not be quoted about a recruit

Reaction Score
Very happy that we're getting the last of the official visits. This was posted a while ago on ESPN about the strategy of timing official visits: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...official-visits-college-basketball-recruiting

Go last if the prospect wants to take all of his visits

The threat of diminishing impact is exactly why a program would opt to go last, especially if it's well known a prospect wants to take multiple visits before making a decision. This way, you can not only make the last impression, but you can also keep collecting intel along the way. Finding out what the player liked and didn't like on earlier visits can help in making the best possible impression.

Myles Turner's commitment to Texas last spring is a prime example. Initially perceived to be a bit of an underdog, Rick Barnes' staff strategically positioned itself to get the final of his five official visits. Turner waited almost another month to make his decision, but it became clear as time went on that Texas had been able to leapfrog the competition and was poised to reap the rewards.

The risk here is that the prospect changes his mind midway through the process and doesn't make it to the last visit. Imagine if Turner had opted to call it for Duke following his visit last February. You can bet Coach K tried. There isn't a head coach in the country that wouldn't. Sometimes, coaches will put the squeeze on, threatening to give the offer elsewhere if they don't get a pledge on the spot. If those tactics work, the school that opted to be last suddenly loses its chance to make a pitch.​

Reaction Score
Wisconsin 247 has their visit article up with some quotes from Stone's AAU coach, DeShawn Curtis. A lot of good stuff, but think this quote is appealing to UConn fans considering the great reports we have gotten about Amida Brimah and his improvement in just one year:

"But it was an opportunity to see how guys are progressing. Getting to see Nigel Hayes and his development. We thought he was shooting the ball a lot better. Those are key things when you're looking at a program, how guys are developing, especially the big guys. Frank Kaminsky played really well.

"Those types of things stand out to a big guy. He talked quite a bit about that. How guys were comfortable on the floor and how many touches they got. How the offense was flowing and how everyone got a chance to touch it. He enjoyed the scrimmage as well."

Reaction Score
Being from Wisc., I assume he doesn't mind a little snow???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A lot of the posters on Wisconsin's scout board seem to think Stone is UConn bound now. No new info, but they don't like their chances against KO.

I think both fanbases are in reverse psychology mode right now. Preparing for the worst so it doesn't sting so bad. But really hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
A lot of the posters on Wisconsin's scout board seem to think Stone is UConn bound now. No new info, but they don't like their chances against KO.

walker11 called this awhile ago. KO's signature recruit. This is going to happen.

Reaction Score
I obviously have no inside information, but I think he's coming to UConn. I know he has ties to the University, but Wisconsin strikes me as a program that isn't going to do anything shady to pry away somebody that doesn't really want to be there.

Reaction Score
I obviously have no inside information, but I think he's coming to UConn. I know he has ties to the University, but Wisconsin strikes me as a program that isn't going to do anything shady to pry away somebody that doesn't really want to be there.
Part of the reason I wouldn't be too mad if we lost him to Wisconsin. They are a classy program with a great (though IMO slightly overrated, only the 1 FF) coach. If Stone wants them, they are deserving of his talent, the way we are. For the record, I have been and will continue to remain cautiously optimistic that we are in the driver's seat.

Reaction Score
Want him here for sure, this would be the signature recruit which could propel KO to even another level of success. Having said that as Nick said, if he elects to say no to us the story of the big time recruit staying home to play for his home state university is a great one. And to not have the UK's, UNC's, Duke's on his final list like most kids automatically do these days makes me want him even more!

Reaction Score
It's Homecoming Weekend, and we have UCF at home at The Rent on Saturday at noon. I assume Diamond will be there. So if you do care about his recruitment, pony up the 20 bucks and show up in spite of the weather and support your program. I doubt it'll hurt our chances.

Reaction Score
It's Homecoming Weekend, and we have UCF at home at The Rent on Saturday at noon. I assume Diamond will be there. So if you do care about his recruitment, pony up the 20 bucks and show up in spite of the weather and support your program. I doubt it'll hurt our chances.

Yeah but Diamond may be one of 13,000 fans at the Rent and compared to a Wisconsin Badger football game it will be a laugher to him. Let's hope he doesn't make any decisions on UC/YCF football. LOL

Reaction Score
stone rollin is strictly a decision based on what is best for gems advancement on maslow scales as complete dude (life & sports)

he may decline the rent to do more on campus activitay & certainly that type of decision would be wise when you compare an alternative choice like viewing div3puppyregimedyslexia

foosbal has no influence

Reaction Score
stone rollin is strictly a decision based on what is best for gems advancement on maslow scales as complete dude (life & sports)

he may decline the rent to do more on campus activitay & certainly that type of decision would be wise when you compare an alternative choice like viewing div3puppyregimedyslexia

foosbal has no influence
Please stop. It's not funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member