Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really confident about Diamond Stone. Most recent recruits I have been this confident about are Larrier, Adams, Enoch, and Mack. So since Mack hasn't decided yet I guess we can say we have a 66% chance at Stone.

Reaction Score
why are you talking about his freshman year stats? ( which are actually on par with dikembes his freshman year) This projection is based on how he will be able to stay on the floor longer and raise his production... this year.

Eh, I'm not sure I'd make that comparison. Mutombo's minutes suffered because he was stuck behind Mourning, and Georgetown eventually moved 'Zo to the 4 to make room for Dikembe. If you go on a per 40 basis, Mutombo was at 13.8 points, 11.7 rebounds, 8.0 blocks (!), 6.5 fouls, and a .707 FG% to Brimah's 10.0 points, 7.4 rebounds, 5.7 blocks, 7.1 fouls, and .640 FG%.

Now, UConn was a pretty slow team last year, so a straight per-possession comparison would be better, but I don't have Georgetown's possession info handy, and I don't feel like making those calculations. Georgetown generally ran a pretty slow offense in those days, so I wouldn't expect a huge change. On the other hand again, DM was 22 that season, while Amidah turned just 20 last year. So I have no idea.

Reaction Score
Didn't work for me. Need a premium account. Thanks though.
Strange, I don't have an account either but was able to watch the vid through that link, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

He pretty much went over the final four schools in his list, talking about how he has close relationship with Kevin Ollie. It's a lot of the same talk we've heard before. When asked why he dropped Duke, he said he's not enamored with the Dukes and the UNCs and the Kentuckys, and wants to go to a school that's a good fit for him. Said he'll be deciding Nov. 12, but not necessarily signing on that day. Actually, he said he isn't sure when he will be signing.

Reaction Score
Some high school/college kid needs to tweet* Diamond a link to the UCONN first night vid.

*note: I wouldn't be caught dead tweeting a high school kid, never mind a recruit.
If he's serious about UCONN I'd bet he has seen some of the videos or maybe even watched the whole event.

Reaction Score
The dreaded Jerry Meyer Wisconsin pick on the Crystal Ball. I know it is trashed a lot in here, but Meyer usually has good intel. Hope he is wrong.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The dreaded Jerry Meyer Wisconsin pick on the Crystal Ball. I know it is trashed a lot in here, but Meyer usually has good intel. Hope he is wrong.
I'd be more worried about that prediction if it was Nov. 11th when he made it.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I wonder what Wisconsin's First Night was like

Wisconsin doesn't do a Midnight Madness event anymore. All they have is what's called the Red/White Scrimmage that's open to the public next weekend. They used to do one a few years ago when I went to school there but I haven't seen them do one in a while. Would have thought this would be the year, if any, to bring it back with the highest expectations they have.

Reaction Score
The dude has just as good of a guess as any of us about where Stone will go. Don't read into that too much.

Reaction Score
The dude has just as good of a guess as any of us about where Stone will go. Don't read into that too much.

The dude has a way better guess then 99% of us. Maybe Zion and 99 are even in the ballpark. He frequently talks to coaches, family members, and the player. Do you do that?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does he switch his picks?

I'd like to see how many of those picks are made on the day of.
They all switch. Not sure how anyone can be nervous about crystal ball picks for Stone of all players. Family has kept things close to the vest the entire process.

Reaction Score
Does he switch his picks?

I'd like to see how many of those picks are made on the day of.

Yeah, as we all know recruiting is fluid, just like his picks, and it could still change. As he hears different insight, his picks switch. But right now he is hearing Wisconsin. Hopefully he will have a good reason to switch it back.

Reaction Score
Yeah, as we all know recruiting is fluid, just like his picks, and it could still change. As he hears different insight, his picks switch. But right now he is hearing Wisconsin. Hopefully he will have a good reason to switch it back.

It's fine when people switch picks, but any time someone switches the day of the announcement, I discount it.

Reaction Score
The dude has a way better guess then 99% of us. Maybe Zion and 99 are even in the ballpark. He frequently talks to coaches, family members, and the player. Do you do that?
Dumb question dude of course I do.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wisconsin doesn't do a Midnight Madness event anymore. All they have is what's called the Red/White Scrimmage that's open to the public next weekend. They used to do one a few years ago when I went to school there but I haven't seen them do one in a while. Would have thought this would be the year, if any, to bring it back with the highest expectations they have.

Weird. Is there just no interest?

Reaction Score
I know Maryland has been down the last few years, but I'm shocked at how empty that building is. My best friend went to Maryland and the Cole Field House was packed to the gills, a really tough ticket to get, and an absolutely incredible game experience. They build this new beautiful arena and now no one gives a . Pretty embarrassing.

Reaction Score
It's going to take their fan base some time to transition from playing Virginia, Duke, UNC to playing Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State.

Those games will be packed at first, but you have to have a rivalry for fans to truly care. And Maryland is coming in with none...and with the closest schools being Rutgers and Penn State, notable basketball punching bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom