Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I assume Maryland is Under Armour. I knew there had to be an ulterior reason for Oklahoma State being in the mix, I just didn't know what. Shoe leverage? I feel pretty good about where we sit here and I think the sooner he makes his decision the better.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't UConn be the shoe leverage? I think our contract w/ Nike is greater than Ok St.

Reaction Score
“@WisBBYearbook: Diamond Stone said tonight he plans to make his decision on November 12. OK State made up some ground with visit last weekend.”

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It just doesn't make sense. The fact that his dad feels compelled to compare Diamond to Alex Len comes off fishy. They are completely different players.
No they're not. Both are low-post players, true centers who want to work with their back to the basket on offense, and protect the rim on defense. And both are more "polished" than "athletic," though I think each is underrated in that second department.

Reaction Score
Under Armour outfits his AAU club.

Right, Maryland is the Under Armour connect. I was going off the tweet below. UConn and Ok St would be the "actual choice" or "shoe leverage" if you read into it.

Clint Jackson‏@clintjackson1
Diamond Stone down to four schools; hometown school, actual choice, shoe leverage and Under Armour. Duke doesnt allow marketing choice

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right, Maryland is the Under Armour connect. I was going off the tweet below. UConn and Ok St would be the "actual choice" or "shoe leverage" if you read into it.

Maryland would be both Under Armour and shoe leverage.

I think the Twitter guy tried to be funny and found it beyond his abilities.

Reaction Score
“@WisBBYearbook: Diamond Stone said tonight he plans to make his decision on November 12. OK State made up some ground with visit last weekend.”

That sounds like he's using OK St for leverage.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What leverage would that be?

Think he's referring to post college sponsorship deals...but I have no idea how that would work/help.

Reaction Score
Another Crystal Ball pick for us. Probably just speculation, but we're at the very least the experts' favorite

Reaction Score
From a Maryland 247 reporter, not sure how much of an insider he is but they seem to think that Wisconsin is starting to fade.

"Maryland is very much in the mix with Diamond Stone, who will be in attendance with both parents. Sources say Wisconsin, despite being much-discussed as a hometown option, isn't expected to be a primary candidate for his commitment. It looks like it could very well be Maryland and UConn battling it out for the nation's No. 1 center, and the Terps are in the hunt."

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If you pick Maryland over UConn as a player who is a lock to make it to the NBA, you're insane. Simple as that.

This isn't Turtle Jackson wanting to put up 15 a game. You have likely one year to grab a championship, why waste it at a middling program?

Reaction Score
Some saying Maryland's in play and some saying not going to happen. Hard to read the tea leaves here but he is going to their first night. That should tell us all we need to know about wether the terp's are for real in this

Reaction Score
If you pick Maryland over UConn as a player who is a lock to make it to the NBA, you're insane. Simple as that.

This isn't Turtle Jackson wanting to put up 15 a game. You have likely one year to grab a championship, why waste it at a middling program?

Their recent history with big men is not very good. A lot of top ranked kids wasted, and fleeing the program as transfers. Shaquille Cleare was a top 25 kid, about Diamond Stone's size, and he's now at Texas.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Because he likes money more than rings?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Their recent history with big men is not very good. A lot of top ranked kids wasted, and fleeing the program as transfers. Shaquille Cleare was a top 25 kid, about Diamond Stone's size, and he's now at Texas.
I don't know, Alex Len did lead the US to gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom