Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that the 247 crystal ball is a big deal but UConn picked up another prediction on 8/7.

I feel good that half of his last 10 predictions are for UConn. It seems like we're emerging as the favorites for him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Signing Stone would be a new experience...a freshman center who can score with strong and quick inside game? It would be fun to see such a thing if he can put "all ten toes in" for the team. I would love to see an inside player with some skill around the glass.

Reaction Score
I saw a few minutes of Stone the other day against an over-matched Philippine team. I liked what I saw. He moves well for a big his size. Rarely if ever we land a 5 who is physically ready and has some solid post skills. It would be fun to see what a KO coached team would look like with a ready to play center. I hope we land him, but if not, we'll be fine. We won the last two NCs with raw post players and we can do it again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brimah should be flat out nasty by then. Would be interesting to see how PT shakes out. Stone seems like he could play some PF too though.

Reaction Score
Looking at Wisconsin's class, they are favorites for Stone and Sharma, and 50/50 for Ellenson. That's three 6-10 guys.

Presumably, they could take at two, since they only have 2 sophomore (juniors in Stone/Sharma's first year) power forwards on the team, and only one returning center (Evan Anderson, senior 4-star). Kaminsky graduates this year.

They seem to have playing time, but then again, Nolan will be a senior just like Anderson, and UConn will only have Brimah at center. There will probably be more competition at PF with Facey, Lubin and hopefully Enoch.

Reaction Score
We are now the leader in the crystal ball. That guy mark miller (@wisbbyearbook) put in a prediction for uconn today, that guy hits his mark a lot on 247. Also tweeted this today

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook · 1h
Best guess on the schools receiving an official visit from Diamond Stone? Kansas, Kentucky, UConn, Wisconsin and Duke.

Reaction Score
We are now leading for/among the leaders for Enoch, Stone, Clarke, and Jones.

In my opinion, theres is a very good chance that we lock up at least two of them over the next 2 months, with the possibility of all 4 electing to join Jalen in Storrs. 50 toes in 2015 sounds good to me

Reaction Score

Interview from the FIBA U17 from a few days ago. Not much about college stuff, but at the end he says he sees himself more as a 4 then a true 5 at the next level. I wonder if Enoch committed in the next couple months (i.e. after his official in a couple weeks), would that effect his decision? Im pretty sure Enoch would be a stretch 4 in our system and Stone would be the 5.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69