Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who knows. I just don't think this guy's coming to UConn and i'm not sure we're anywhere close to his top 2-3 choices right now... I hope i'm wrong, of course.

What's the 3rd school that has blown away UConn? Maybe Iowa St.?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Dominican playing Callaway(MS) at 9pm on ESPNU tonight
Jeez - I'm not sure what to watch at 9 tonight. UConn BB or a HS senior who is headed to Wisconsin Maryland Iowa St. or Ok St. ...

Reaction Score
Just watched Duke-Syracuse. If Christmas could make a shot after great post moves, Cuse coulda won. The atmosphere in the Carrier Dome was awesome. Can we somehow get in the ACC, and play Cuse, Duke, Carolina, Pitt, Louisville, NC State, etc.? Great, great, competitive league. I know football rules, but the ACC stole all the best Big East teams EXCEPt the best Big East Team in men's basketball. The AAC is seriously dragging us down. I have the third best package on Direct TV, and I get all the NFL games, but not CBSSports channel, who is dying for programming and they apparently have hitched their wagon to AAC programming. But I'm not paying more to see Tulsa vs. Houston. Sad, sad situation.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Just watched Duke-Syracuse. If Christmas could make a shot after great post moves, Cuse coulda won. The atmosphere in the Carrier Dome was awesome. Can we somehow get in the ACC, and play Cuse, Duke, Carolina, Pitt, Louisville, NC State, etc.? Great, great, competitive league. I know football rules, but the ACC stole all the best Big East teams EXCEPt the best Big East Team in men's basketball. The AAC is seriously dragging us down. I have the third best package on Direct TV, and I get all the NFL games, but not CBSSports channel, who is dying for programming and they apparently have hitched their wagon to AAC programming. But I'm not paying more to see Tulsa vs. Houston. Sad, sad situation.
I have Directv. Cbs sports is 221...I must have the second beat package??

Reaction Score

1st time EVER Cuse got homed by another team at the Dome. Only Duke could get that many calls at the Carrier!

Reaction Score
I got you ... 221, but I'm not paying for it. You got the upgrade. And you're paying. I'm not. I catch them on ESPN when I can (always) but...they're playing ECU? CBSSports can kiss my ass for that offering for $20 a month more a month for that matchup.

Reaction Score
99 - any clue what Stone is waiting on? It seems pretty obvious he's going to Wisconsin, right?

Reaction Score
99 - any clue what Stone is waiting on? It seems pretty obvious he's going to Wisconsin, right?

No after watching last night he is reconsidering last night. Earlier in the year he was chased away by the Boneyard's observers who said AB would be a lottery pick either this year or next. He now realizes his path for minutes isn't as difficult as originally thought so we still have a shot.;)

Reaction Score

Take with a grain of salt. A recruiting writer told me that stone does NOT have the grades to get into Wisconsin at this point. He was told if he shows improvement then he is in.

Maryland uses the minimum ncaa requirement and so his safety.

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of salt. A recruiting writer told me that stone does NOT have the grades to get into Wisconsin at this point. He was told if he shows improvement then he is in.

Interesting

Reaction Score
Where are we compared to Wisconsin? If we have lower standards than Wisconsin maybe he will improve his scores enough to qualify for UConn, but not Wisconsin.

Reaction Score

At this point, I'd fly from Storrs to Wisconsin to take his damn SAT for him if he comes here ;) But for the record, what are our standards for athletes?

I know we're pretty much dead in the water for Stone, but I refuse to give up hope until Bo Ryan has his LOI.

Reaction Score

Wow, so we dropped to number 3 on his list behind Maryland? Interesting that Wisconsin is holding higher admission standards considering all 3 schools are top 20 public schools according to US News with Wisconsin 13, UConn 19 and Maryland tied for 20th.

Reaction Score
Where are we compared to Wisconsin? If we have lower standards than Wisconsin maybe he will improve his scores enough to qualify for UConn, but not Wisconsin.

If it is not Wisconsin then I think sneaker power comes into play.. there is a reason why he went to midnight at Maryland with their 27 fans and not uconn after winning the title

Reaction Score
We had better not lose out to the Terps. I remember when Calhoun used to kill Gary Williams on the recruiting trial.

Reaction Score
I understand the appeal of staying home and I even understand the appeal of MD (B1G, UA, etc), but how does anyone really know we are out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom