Diamond had a good game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
9-16 in 26 minutes... 4-8 from downtown against Clemson

Reaction Score
She made more three pointers (8) in the last two games than in the previous 14 games (6) combined.

Reaction Score
Just wondering. Does having a good game, on your home floor, against Clemson count ?

Reaction Score
Its too bad that nobody will see her play the next 4 years outside of the UNC area except the tournaments if they make it........She is a player and she will get frustrated like MS Sims the other night when the other players cannot keep up.

Reaction Score
Yes. Her problems are mental and this will help with confidence.

Interesting. I haven't perceived her problem as a lack of confidence but rather one of judgement. What she can and can't do. She is extremely talented but can't run over the opposition on the college level like she did in high school. Not yet anyway. Everyone has an adjustment period coming into wcb. It's a learning experience and with her talent I have no doubt that she will excel given time to adjust.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Just wondering. Does having a good game, on your home floor, against Clemson count ?
Clemson isn't really that bad if you ignore their ratings and SOS and overlook their mediocre stats. At 9-9 they still do have a better record than say Savannah State, and they are projected to win three games in the ACC this season.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I haven't perceived her problem as a lack of confidence but rather one of judgement. What she can and can't do. She is extremely talented but can't run over the opposition on the college level like she did in high school. Not yet anyway. Everyone has an adjustment period coming into wcb. It's a learning experience and with her talent I have no doubt that she will excel given time to adjust.
No other than her can be in her head and no what's truly going on, so this is obviously a guess.

But when I see her play, I see someone who's let the hype get to her head, who feels a responsibility for making absolutely everything happen on the offensive end. She can be a dominant player, but she needs to go to her strengths a little more, she needs to start hitting her shots and, most importantly she needs to let the offense come to her a little. Good games, against anyone, will increase her confidence. That confidence will allow her to realize that, as a freshman, she doesn't need to be the be all end all for her team to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom