Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What must the rest of the group that she brought in be thinking right now?!?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
It occurs to me how fast things can change in life. Just a few days ago, some of us thought UNC was going to have A'ja Wilson along with DeShields. A seeming up-and-coming powerhouse. Now, they will have neither!!

And it'll be very interesting to see the reasons for DeShield's decision (if she ever tells) and to find out where she is going.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if North Carolina gets NCAA sanctions due to the whole athlete/classes scandal will she still have to sit out a year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And odd given that she was partly responsible getting the others to go to UNC.

Funny you say that.... Duke had a player who was the first to commit to last year's recruiting class, and worked hard to get others to follow.... and she transferred after the first semester.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if North Carolina gets NCAA sanctions due to the whole athlete/classes scandal will she have to sit out a year?
If there were any sanctions, I imagine it would go to the North Carolina sports involved and not women's basketball.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't think she is coming to Tennessee.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
At this point, I'm so shocked that nothing would 'surprise' me , as far as her ultimate destination.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Shocked. Wonder why she will go.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Has this ever happened with freshman of the year player?

Reaction Score
Why do I have the feeling that she will go pro ? Nothing else makes much sense to me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Shocked! But, as an NC State fan, I'm tickled pink.

Congrats, BTW, on No. 9.

In all honesty, Im a bit saddened by the news. True she played for our school's biggest rival, true she was a thorn in our side the past year and was destined to be for the next 3 years... but.... she was an exciting player to watch....... and she definitely brought energy and a buzz to the crowds @ the ACC tournament. I know alot of the tar heel fans in Greensboro were excited to see her play in person... and also the young kids and youth as well. Her presence will definitely be missed in the ACC.

That being said... GTHC ! GTH ! ;)

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
If there were any sanctions, I imagine it would go to the North Carolina sports involved and not women's basketball.

Women's basketball was involved. I can't find the articles where WBB players are referenced as taking the classes never met, but WBB has been mentioned alongside of football and MBB.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Diamond has tough decisions to make unless she's already made them. If the decision is already made, predict she goes to South Carolina to join A'ja. If not then who knows. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball.

Sitting out a year for Diamond will be the toughest for her unless she decides to go overseas to play which I'm sure she'll get a contract. Not the same big dollars she would have gotten three years from now, but still lucrative for an 18 year old. Don't see her going to a D2 or D3 school where she wouldn't have to sit out. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball. She's been playing injured since her Senior year in High School and a year off might be the best for her.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
This just really confuses me. I mentioned in another post that I could see Diamond getting angry about some part of the situation at UNC (what part, I have no clue), and threatening to leave...but not actually leaving.

I'm struggling to think of what reason she might have had for this. I haven't had the impression that she dislikes playing basketball, and it isn't as if her team won't be a contender - they nearly made the Final Four this year. The coaching situation has been in flux because of Sylvia's illness...but in what way could she have been dissatisfied with it, enough to leave the school? They don't strike me as stern taskmasters over there that would turn off a headstrong player like Diamond.

Again, no clue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diamond has tough decisions to make unless she's already made them. If the decision is already made, predict she goes to South Carolina to join A'ja. If not then who knows. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball.

Sitting out a year for Diamond will be the toughest for her unless she decides to go overseas to play which I'm sure she'll get a contract. Not the same big dollars she would have gotten three years from now, but still lucrative for an 18 year old. Don't see her going to a D2 or D3 school where she wouldn't have to sit out. She might be like EDD and just needs a year away from basketball. She's been playing injured since her Senior year in High School and a year off might be the best for her.

How likely is it that UNC would allow her to go to SC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom