Diamond and Documentation | The Boneyard

Diamond and Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Tennessee rumors come from AM radio station WHCL in Chapel Hill, NC. Their source is one social media post from #rockytop#moveforward. This is hardly worth the replies it got.

Orc

Reaction Score
What if she ends up at Uconn? OMG a lot of Tenn fans will hara kari if that happens.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
in the original thread, Nan herself stated that she was going to TN, and indicated multiple sources IIRC

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Her mom said she hasn't spoken too any school.
And if she had been speaking to any school/s, her mother would make the identical statement.

It provides semantical cover. DD may not have "personally" spoken to any school/s, but her intermediaries (HS and/or AAU coaches, parents, other family members, et al) may have. It would be difficult to believe that such a seismic decision had not been carefully considered with all options evaluated. It would be foolish to do otherwise. And how else can one evaluate all available options without putting out feelers?

I'm guessing quite a few folks have rubber-necked the reaction over on the UNC website since this shocker was first announced. The UNC fan base is apoplectic - not surprising, unreasonable, or unexpected. No explanation has been forthcoming from DD's camp as to why she is transferring from UNC, which has only served to exacerbate the raw emotions and the predictable emergence of conspiracy theories. Many of those theories suggest potential tampering on the part of one particular institution of higher learning, whose name shall not be spoken. :rolleyes:

It's probably just the predictable reaction of a distraught fan base. Only time will tell.

I find it intriguing that with all the attention this event has garnered from ESPN to the wider wcbb blogoshere, that the interview/disclaimer from DD's mother would first appear on the fan website of that very same institution of higher learning, whose name shall not be mentioned - somehow scooping all other sources?! :confused:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Having done a bunk from my first college, sometimes it is not really a planned proposition but a personal necessity to get out of a situation that is bad. I sort of sense that may be DD's situation - a get me out of here reaction and not a calculated move.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Having done a bunk from my first college, sometimes it is not really a planned proposition but a personal necessity to get out of a situation that is bad. I sort of sense that may be DD's situation - a get me out of here reaction and not a calculated move.
In that case, you shall be known as "Sapphire" from this day forward! :D

All kidding aside, what you suggest is certainly a strong possibility. But were you also on a full scholarship and have media attention surrounding you 24x7? Those elements being in play make it kinda hard to slip out of Dodge without attracting a little notice and change the dynamics considerably, I would think.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And if she had been speaking to any school/s, her mother would make the identical statement.

It provides semantical cover. DD may not have "personally" spoken to any school/s, but her intermediaries (HS and/or AAU coaches, parents, other family members, et al) may have. It would be difficult to believe that such a seismic decision had not been carefully considered with all options evaluated. It would be foolish to do otherwise. And how else can one evaluate all available options without putting out feelers?

I'm guessing quite a few folks have rubber-necked the reaction over on the UNC website since this shocker was first announced. The UNC fan base is apoplectic - not surprising, unreasonable, or unexpected. No explanation has been forthcoming from DD's camp as to why she is transferring from UNC, which has only served to exacerbate the raw emotions and the predictable emergence of conspiracy theories. Many of those theories suggest potential tampering on the part of one particular institution of higher learning, whose name shall not be spoken. :rolleyes:

It's probably just the predictable reaction of a distraught fan base. Only time will tell.

I find it intriguing that with all the attention this event has garnered from ESPN to the wider wcbb blogoshere, that the interview/disclaimer from DD's mother would first appear on the fan website of that very same institution of higher learning, whose name shall not be mentioned - somehow scooping all other sources?! :confused:

Replicant-- you're right on point! That's why the CT SUN firing Mike Thibeault without a replacement in hand and eventually settling on the incompetent, Anne Donovan, is such a farce! You always have PLAN B in mind before you try PLAN A!
Remember the S. Walker fiasco where rumors where floating around that the KY asst. contacted Samarie that KY was still interested in her if she ever wanted to leave CT!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Remember the S. Walker fiasco where rumors where floating around that the KY asst. contacted Samarie that KY was still interested in her if she ever wanted to leave CT!
Wasn't Walker enrolled in classes at KY within days of leaving UConn? Now that was some impressively fast matriculation! :rolleyes:

A nod is still as good as a wink to a blind horse! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Tennessee rumors come from AM radio station WHCL in Chapel Hill, NC. Their source is one social media post from #rockytop#moveforward. This is hardly worth the replies it got.
Does anyone think it maybe for personal reason, and have nothing to do with bball. For those who said we wouldn't want her well we recruited her VERY hard. Geno must like something. She is VERY talented (should end up an All-American if other things don't derail her) and if she buys into any teams concepts she can be a piece of a championship puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom